Defense in the NFC

Anyone notice how no one other than the 9ers play defense in the NFC? They just all have no plan or just flat out suck.

Pats
    Saints
    Lions
    Falcons
    Giants

All of they're defenses are terrible.

Re: Defense in the NFC

I noticed this looking at various things this year. The NFC defenses are complete garbage, all of them except the 49ers. It has been like that for a while, when I compared Flacco and Ryan last year it was almost unbelievable how much harder Joe's defensive competition was over the years. Any QB in the NFC has an inherent advantage of putting up huge numbers, making what Brady does all the more impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by dscola31 View Post
    Anyone notice how no one other than the 9ers play defense in the NFC? They just all have no plan or just flat out suck.

Pats
    Saints
    Lions
    Falcons
    Giants

All of they're defenses are terrible.
    You didn't mention the Packers. They are dead last.

However, I wonder how much of that is because teams are behind by as much that the Packers just play soft on D.

A lot of it is. Same with New England. Scoring defense is a better stat; using yards can be very deceiving.

i think you might find the only one that wouldnt be in the top points allowed cateogory would be the falcons, i cant recall them letting in huge amounts of points unlike the others

Those defenses give up a ton of yards, but they get tons of turnovers. Look at the Packers, they have like 25-30 interceptions.