Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: How can Flacco's timing with Evans degraded so much?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Honestly, I don't see Lee Evans making much of an impact at all this post season. I really don't. I just don't think he'll be given much of an opportunity.
    I feel the same way. I chuckle a little when people say they think Evans is going to show up big in the playoffs. Dude is not even going to get the chance to.

Evans was a great pickup at the time but it just didn't work out, due to injury or the Ravens misjudging how much he had left in the tank. The Divisional round of the playoffs is not the time to be working on timing or chemistry and the Ravens staff knows this. If Evans ever has an impact on a Ravens team, it's going to be next year.

I also don't think it's timing. The pass Sunday was not timing, it was perfect timing and a perfect throw, he just dropped it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I feel the same way. I chuckle a little when people say they think Evans is going to show up big in the playoffs. Dude is not even going to get the chance to.

Evans was a great pickup at the time but it just didn't work out, due to injury or the Ravens misjudging how much he had left in the tank. The Divisional round of the playoffs is not the time to be working on timing or chemistry and the Ravens staff knows this. If Evans ever has an impact on a Ravens team, it's going to be next year.

I also don't think it's timing. The pass Sunday was not timing, it was perfect timing and a perfect throw, he just dropped it.
    I think you've nailed it. I was happy when we traded for Evans, but even after the injury he hasn't shown a thing. Actually, the best thing he did for the Ravens was having that injury because it opened up a spot for Torrey Smith... Bc

How does Smith's rookie year rank among the rookie years of better than average receivers? Did he have an above average season, average or below average?

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    I don't think there is enough shared playing time between the two to jump to any conclusions one way or the other. A few inaccurate passes, a dropped pass or two.

That big pass play in the preseason could have just been lucky.

They just need to keep practicing to try and get a connection. Another reason winning the bye was so important.

They were exhibition games for the opposing defenses, too
    . They did make one's mouth water, though. I see Evans as a labor dispute casualty for the Ravens. Coming aboard on a compressed preseason/TC made re-injury all the more likely and might even have heightened pressure on Evans to try to play through it. As someone else said already, he did roundabout-ly make the Ravens fast-track Torrey. That and drawing Ike Taylor deep & away from the ball Week 1 may be Lee's season. I suppose he's still a guy who could conceivably take over a game (be our guest!), but it's Rice, Boldin, Torrey, & the TE's from here on in.

Cut him after the season. He has been a disappointment. Whether its physical or mental or both I don't know. I think there will be many options in the off season. Now that I said that he will go 5-80 and a TD next game.