Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Good And The Bad (Week 3)

Now, that I have caught my breath and cut out my new gray hairs, let's get to it.

The Good:

1. We are 3-0. Hey, sometimes you have to win games like this; UGLY!

2. Matt Stover. We are in trouble when Stover decides to retire.

3. CMAC. He is clutch. Enough said.

4. Our defense. Yes they gave up two TDs, but you didn't really expect us to shutout every team we play. The Ravens defense bailed us out... yet again.

5. Steve McNair. In the clutch, he showed up and helped us win this game.

6. Derrick Mason and Mark Clayton. Both receivers bailed McNair out with some outstanding catches in traffic.

The Bad:

1. When is the offense going to step up and just win a game for us? It has to be our offensive system. When are we going to take shots down field? When are we going to put games away early offensively. Don't give me crap about McNair's arm strength. We have a receiver that can stretch the field in Williams. We keep dinking and dunking and defenses are crowding us closer and closer at the line.

2. The OL. Maybe in the offseason, McNair can go on ESPN and give an interview talking about needing some talented OLmen, so that he can show his greatness. Hey, it worked for Ray! This HAS to be the last season we have this corp together. Friends is friends, but this is bussiness, Billick. Your boy, Flynn and Keydrick are not the answer. Oh yeah, when you hit free agency Tony "Off The Line" Pashos, just keep on steppin. I am done with number 79.

3. At this juncture, it looks as if Billick, and his offense, will be sticking around for a long time.

We have a very good team coming in next week in the Chargers. The offense needs overtime work this week. They should be in practice on Tuesday to get in-sync, because if we look as bad offensively as we had these past two games, we will lose to the Chargers.

Let's look on the brightside, however. WE ARE 3-0.

We beat two teams (Bucs and Raiders) we should have beaten.

We beat a team that we should have beaten in a game we should have lost but didn't.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Re: The Good And The Bad (Week 3)

McNair showed today he can throw downfield. Arm strength is not the problem. The coaches seem to lack a killer instinct. We need to call those deep passes early on and not when we are down. If we get up on teams, not many are going to beat us.

And honestly, I don't think the OL was that bad. Improvement is needed, but the Browns were constantly sending more than we had blocking. They need to play better but on the whole I felt McNair had adequate time today. He was just missing passes.

Oh and McAlister is the best CB in the league...hell with the rest. I didn't see a catch made on him today. The idea that Rolle is better in coverage is a myth IMO.

Bottom line, we are 3-0, regardless of how we've won. There isn't one person in that locker room that would rather be putting up 40 points but be 0-3.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

Quote Originally Posted by RavenFanatic2k6 View Post
    McNair showed today he can throw downfield. Arm strength is not the problem. The coaches seem to lack a killer instinct. We need to call those deep passes early on and not when we are down. If we get up on teams, not many are going to beat us.
    Why can't Billick see that? I was thinking the same thing. Our M.O. should be to score early. If we get two scores ahead, even on good teams, I don't think many teams beat us, not even the Bengals.

Maybe Heap needs to pull a KWII and say we are too conservative or something.

Heap catches most passes that come his way. Why dont we ever try him deep?

This week was great but if we are going to beat SD we need to kick it up a notch on Offense.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

Why would anyone blame Billick for this o-line? Does he sign and draft these guys? Did he let Rabach go and sign Flynn to a crazy contract?

Make sure you put those in the right order: We signed Flynn to a big deal when Rabach was just a backup. Flynn goes down and Rabach comes in and does a great job. They had no choice but to not sign Rabach. It was an extremely unfortunate situation.

Rabach was mediocre here and he's mediocre with the Redskins.

While I hated the way things started, in a lot of ways, I'm actually more happy about this win then either of the other wins. Down 11 points heading into the fourth quarter on the road against a division rival and they pull out a victory (no matter how close it was)?

Sorry, if I fail to see the need for a pity party on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by HDDream View Post
    Rabach was mediocre here and he's mediocre with the Redskins.

While I hated the way things started, in a lot of ways, I'm actually more happy about this win then either of the other wins. Down 11 points heading into the fourth quarter on the road against a division rival and they pull out a victory (no matter how close it was)?

Sorry, if I fail to see the need for a pity party on this one.

Thank you. Do you think the Bengals had a pity party when they came back from a 20-3 hole to beat us a couple of years ago?

A win's a win in the NFL. We are 3-0 while looking not at our best. Imagine once we get on the same page.

I'd like to nominate an "Ugly" category.

That reverse on our final drive. What a horrible call LOL.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

I'll take the win.

The offense managed to show some life at the end of the game, hopefully that momentum will carry to next week.

Defense continues to have problems with mobile QBs who can scramble to buy time to throw deep or whenever there was decent pass protection.

Did you see how few running yards were given by the D? Amazingly little.

Just need to clamp down on all these 15+ pass plays and hopefully clean it up.

Next week will really tell a story for us. If we win that game I think I can get on the "ravens are for real this year" bandwagon

I'll take the win.

The offense managed to show some life at the end of the game, hopefully that momentum will carry to next week.
    Rack That!!

I love to see Ravens fans acknowledging the win instead of complaining about everything that went wrong.

I have said for so long that McNair does not always look like a Pro-Bowl QB, but he gets it done went it matters, and doesn't make the mistake to lose you the game.

I have a gut feeling this team will be ready to make a statement against a good team Next Sunday.

Just win baby!!

Good to have a come from behind -- its been a while.

The only thing that would give me more gray hairs would be if we didn't run Jamal on first down. Don't know what it will take to get out of that predictability -- What I wouldn't give to get out of that "profile" . . .