Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Specatacle At Jet Facility today is Epic...

Live on NFLN right now.

First off they showed up 30 minutes late.

Now Rex knows he is stuck with Holmes and is stroking him up and down talking about all the "good things" he does.

Here is how Jet's fans feel about Rex tight now LOL....

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...239565&page=12

Honestly if i was Jet fan I would feel the same way listening to the nonsense Rex and the GM have been talking for the past 10 minutes. It is comical how they are sugarcoating everything.
    Last edited by 52decleetzu; 01-02-2012 at 04:46 PM.

Rex Ryan was a player's coach and too much of one and as a result he let the "inmates" run the asylum.
    Let's hope this loss humbles him a little.

When Billick was fired and some people were clamoring for Rex, I never understood it. Billick was fired to change the culture on the team. I never got how some people felt that would change by hiring Ryan. Ryan, if anyone, is more arrogant than Billick is. That's obvious now to everyone, I would think. The apple didn't fall far from the tree with Rex. He's a guy who is probably better suited to be a DC than a HC.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Least the Jets will be on in the playoffs... Pepsi Max commercial... EPIC FAIL!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    You make it sound like this is a 3 win team. They were in the playoff hunt until the last game of the season. Not sure if their window is closed because on paper it never seemed to be open. They have a crap QB, a mediocre running game and old players on defense. No one has really done an analysis of the cap space they could create through cutting players but they sure have a lot they should cut.

If the Jets were to bring in an established veteran QB they would solve a lot of problems. Really who they need is Peyton Manning who might be interested with his brother playing for the Giants. The Jets should do whatever it takes to make that happen.
    Didn't they just do that with Favre? He ended up losing the division in the last game of the season, to the guy they cut to bring him in (Pennington).
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

The Jets went to hell in a hand basket. Rex is becoming the joke of the league.

I'm sure a lot of Ravens players secretly want to go play for Rex now. LMAO!

The difference between John Harbaugh and Rex... John Harbaugh is the team's head coach, Rex is the player's best friend.

I don't know,but I agree with Rex, his wife has beautiful feet. Some players obviously thought the same thing, that is why they couldn't get it together this year. Holmes is not a feet man. LOL

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Didn't they just do that with Favre? He ended up losing the division in the last game of the season, to the guy they cut to bring him in (Pennington).
    Favre was playing with a torn shoulder. Reports on Manning from yesterday were that he should have no issues with his neck from this fusion surgery. If that's true it wouldn't be a 1 year thing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Favre was playing with a torn shoulder. Reports on Manning from yesterday were that he should have no issues with his neck from this fusion surgery. If that's true it wouldn't be a 1 year thing.
    There is no reason to think that is true, when he's already had to have more procedures on the neck than were originally reported. Then, you still have to take his age into consideration. Plus, the fact that he just missed an entire season.

They would have to sign Peyton AND find the pieces that he wants around him, for a team that will have to play outdoors in December and January, while he has missed an entire season.

Even when the Colts have won in December and January, on the road, Peyton has not played well.

To add to that, this is all with the idea that the surgery will not affect him. Every player that I have heard discuss the surgery he had, whether they had the surgery or chose not to get something similar, whether it be Dan Marino or Ed Reed, has said that you are not the same after the surgery.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Manning won't get traded to an AFC team. The Jets are stuck with Sanchize whether they like it or not. Aside from him their defense is not very good for what they have been the past 2 years. They can't be blowing a ton of draft picks to move up and take a QB in the first round, and probably won't be able to afford to get in a bidding war with the Skins for someone like Matt Flynn.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Was it Brian Billick, who, once said that the same thing that will get you hired will get you fired?
    Yes, and he was exactly right, as everyone is saying. He was hired because of his brashness and his bravado, and in the end the spillover from that attitude caused the train wreck we are now enjoying.

On a partly-but-not-completely unrelated note: Rex will never be half the coach, a quarter of the coach, Billick was. Nothing wrong with a "Player's coach," or whatever you want to call it, when the time is right. The problem isn't hiring a player's coach, the problem is hiring a guy who is just not head coaching material.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.