Pick 5 ATS - And The Winner Is...

Congratulations go out to:

Kyle Cactus

for winning the Pick 5 contest for 2011!!

Final Record: 48-29-3, with a winning PCT of .600!!

Great record, Kyle!!

Here are the Final Standings

Thanks to all of those who participated in this season's contest! And thanks to all the kind words you all have left for me during the season. Much appreciated!

See ya in September 2012 for the next contest!

Thumbs up Re: Pick 5 ATS - And The Winner Is...

Congrats Kyle C. That's pretty good picking.

Beer, thanks for doing all the work that went into this.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Re: Pick 5 ATS - And The Winner Is...

Congrats, KC!

And I'll echo John - Thanks, Beer, this was fun!

Thanks guys! And thanks Beerracuda!

ditto thx for your labors Cuda
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Well done sir, and thanks again for running the game Cuda

:T2:

Blog Entries

Congrats Kyle!!!

Thanks Beerracuda for running the pool all year.

I was doing really good for the 1st half of the year but then missed a few weeks and fell apart when I had to make up the picks.

A suggestion for next year maybe do a point system similar to Hockey so we get credit for ties. Maybe 2 pts for a win 1 for a tie and 0 for a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    Congrats Kyle!!!

Thanks Beerracuda for running the pool all year.

I was doing really good for the 1st half of the year but then missed a few weeks and fell apart when I had to make up the picks.

A suggestion for next year maybe do a point system similar to Hockey so we get credit for ties. Maybe 2 pts for a win 1 for a tie and 0 for a loss.
    Thanks, my pleasure. I too, was doing really well in the first half - usually at or near first place. Then I had a bad week or two, then flirted with .500 each week for the rest of the season. Probably just as well, as I was worried about people thinking I might be cheating. ;-)

As for the point system, that sounds like it could work. I'm open to any suggestions to improve the contest, so if anyone has any ideas, just post them here. If a good number of people like the suggestions, I can certainly implement them next season. Perhaps even to include every game each week, rather than just pick 5. Of course, we would have to leave room for people to miss a week so that they don't get eliminated because they either forgot, or were too busy to pick. Picking every game each week would be interesting in that it would force everyone to pick even the toughest games, rather than just cherry picking the games.

Of course, with that many picks per person, it would be a logistics nightmare for me each week. Maybe I could come up with an easier program to keep track of results. Something to think about.

Anyway, again, if anyone has any suggestions to improve the contest, go ahead and post them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    Thanks, my pleasure. I too, was doing really well in the first half - usually at or near first place. Then I had a bad week or two, then flirted with .500 each week for the rest of the season. Probably just as well, as I was worried about people thinking I might be cheating. ;-)

As for the point system, that sounds like it could work. I'm open to any suggestions to improve the contest, so if anyone has any ideas, just post them here. If a good number of people like the suggestions, I can certainly implement them next season. Perhaps even to include every game each week, rather than just pick 5. Of course, we would have to leave room for people to miss a week so that they don't get eliminated because they either forgot, or were too busy to pick. Picking every game each week would be interesting in that it would force everyone to pick even the toughest games, rather than just cherry picking the games.

Of course, with that many picks per person, it would be a logistics nightmare for me each week. Maybe I could come up with an easier program to keep track of results. Something to think about.

Anyway, again, if anyone has any suggestions to improve the contest, go ahead and post them.
    I think picking every game would be a bit much because sometimes things come up and people just cant get their picks in or someone might forget about the Thursday night game. I think 5-7 games each week is good maybe have 1 or 2 weeks where we have to pick every game just to create some seperation in the standings.

I know its got to be hard enough on you to keep up with 5 games each week. We don't really want to create more work for you

While I would love to pick every game every week, its probably not possible with people schedules and getting the results. The point system sounds interesting.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller