Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Please don't take our Gruden. He is still running on break-in oil. We flat out love the guy.
    He's done an amazing job in his first NFL stint but he has a lot of experience in other leagues. Something tells me he may get some interest but if he doesn't, Zimmer should. You have to admit he's earned it.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Re: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    He's done an amazing job in his first NFL stint but he has a lot of experience in other leagues. Something tells me he may get some interest but if he doesn't, Zimmer should. You have to admit he's earned it.
    Yes, Zimmer has too. I don't want to lose either one. We will see.

Re: "Black Monday" - Who gets fired ... (Merged)

Is it just me or is Jimmy starting to look a lot like his old man? Sounds like him too..

You almost wait for the "Hiccup* and "I'm not moving this ^#$%@#$ team!"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

Blog Entries

I wouldn't worry about Jay Gruden getting plucked...not yet anyway. Like our Pagano, both guys have soaring stock, but I think we've seen recently, coordinators who get promoted after one or two good years have fallen a bit flat. With a lot of established names out there, and some developed coordinators too, I think you'll have Gruden for at least another year or so. Zimmer falls into the developed coordinators category.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

[QUOTE=Ravenboy2003;389746]Is it just me or is Jimmy starting to look a lot like his old man? Sounds like him too..

You almost wait for the "Hiccup* and "I'm not moving this ^#$%@#$ team!"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack[

Was thinking the same thing, Jim will want a new deal with the city soon.

Why on God's green earth are so many teams after Jeff Fisher? I get Cowher and to some degree the idiot asshole John Gruden but what has Jeff Fisher done to merit so much attention other than that he was at one place a long time with a modicum of success?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    Why on God's green earth are so many teams after Jeff Fisher? I get Cowher and to some degree the idiot asshole John Gruden but what has Jeff Fisher done to merit so much attention other than that he was at one place a long time with a modicum of success?
    I've never liked Fisher. He talks big but rarely delivers. He is a solid coach but in 17 years as a head coach he made the playoffs just 6 times. Is that really who you want running your team?

Blog Entries

Re: "Blank Monday" - Who gets fired ... (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Irsay is a freaking idiot. Bill Polian built that team. They had a lot of talent bedsides Manning; Caldwell is a weak coach and couldn't keep the team together without him. Should they have had a better backup QB? Absolutely. But that's not a fireable offense, IMO. Dungy gone, Polian gone, and Manning soon to follow. Unless he hires a good exec, they're on their way back to being doormats, IMO. If they were smart, they'd trade Manning and some other older vets (Freeney, etc) for as many picks as they can get, take whatever cap hit they're going to take next year, draft Luck, and start over. Polian would've done a nice job of rebuilding, but now...who knows.
    Bill Polian wasn't rebuilding anything. He was semi-retired and left most things to his son Chris. That's the problem. Polian is almost 70. He's not working 80 hours a week to fix this team. His son isn't him. Just looking at the recent talent on this team tells you that.

Schefter was just on ESPN and said the Chargers will most likely can Norv and AJ Smith tomorrow.

Blog Entries

As mentioned earlier, I am surprised Jay Gruden and Zimmer's names aren't being brought up in some of these coaching searches. And I don't get why anyone would call Cowher after 6 years out of the business when he has clearly stated he has no interest. But that's just me.. I guess Dick Vermeil did it...

Young hungry coordinator is the way to go. Look at the playoff teams

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I've never liked Fisher. He talks big but rarely delivers. He is a solid coach but in 17 years as a head coach he made the playoffs just 6 times. Is that really who you want running your team?
    Exactly. It just seems to me that once people get in their minds that somebody is good or bad, they have a hard time shaking it.

Billick is 3 times the coach that Fisher ever will be but can't get a sniff as a HC in part because teams vilify him for not having much of an offense (rightfully so) when he coached the Ravens but give him no credit at all for having elite defenses for the better part of a decade and keeping that team extremely competitive during that time frame. He's also the polar opposite with the media versus Fisher because of what happened at the SB 35 presser. I do think that one of Brian's objectives for working for the NFLN was to repair his image with media whore's such as Mike Lombardi so that he could get a second chance. Billick much like his nemesis Bill Parcell's loves money but is not the whore that Bill is in terms of hopping from place to place acting like the messiah when all he really wants is the 8 figure contract.

Blog Entries

I think that it is time for A.J. Smith to go. They just need a change. It just feels that way. Perhaps, I do not have the best feel for it, not being a Chargers fan.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore