Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up 24x7 Article: Inside the Ravens with Aaron Wilson - NFL UPDATE: GAITHER WORKS OUT FOR

There is a new article by Aaron Wilson on the main page.

Inside the Ravens with Aaron Wilson - NFL UPDATE: GAITHER WORKS OUT FOR SCOUTS - (7/9)

Link to complete article...
    Link to main page.

(This thread created automatically by 24x7 Admin's RSS robots).

Re: 24x7 Article: Inside the Ravens with Aaron Wilson - NFL UPDATE: GAITHER WORKS OUT

With that borderline workout and his past, NO WAY the Ravens give up a high next years' pick and draft him for as crucial a position as our future LT - unless no one takes him by about the 5th round that is...

Blog Entries

Re: 24x7 Article: Inside the Ravens with Aaron Wilson - NFL UPDATE: GAITHER WORKS OUT

Academically ineligible? That's a strike against him in my book.

Gaither was on Sirius NFL Radio yesterday. He said he tweeked his shoulder which resulted in the low reps. Said he usually does around 25.

He didnt sound like the brightest kid, but said all the right things, including his favorite player to watch is JO.

Quote Originally Posted by awalt View Post
    With that borderline workout and his past, NO WAY the Ravens give up a high next years' pick and draft him for as crucial a position as our future LT - unless no one takes him by about the 5th round that is...

What a ridiculous post. The kid is a first round talent, with first round measurables, and a late round brain. I wouldn't be all that surprised if our second rounder was not enough to get him. Afterall, as you say, LT is such a primo important position, and a kid with his size and athleticism only comes about a couple of times in the last decad, and never really before.

His value may be dinted a little by the fact that next year's draft class has Michael Oher (absolute beast, top OT in the class even if Gaither was eligible to return to school) and Sam Baker, so teams may not bid so high as if there was only one stud tackle next year.

I think Atlanta is his most likely destination seeing as they have a pair of 2nd rounders next year from their trade with Houston for Schaub.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    What a ridiculous post. The kid is a first round talent, with first round measurables, and a late round brain. I wouldn't be all that surprised if our second rounder was not enough to get him. Afterall, as you say, LT is such a primo important position, and a kid with his size and athleticism only comes about a couple of times in the last decad, and never really before.
    A ridiculous post? Not so. A late round brain, as you put it, is never a good idea. My evidence: Roderick Green.

Pass on Gaither, unless we can get him with 5th or 6th, and even then he has to at least know how to work an electric coffee pot. Otherwise, we may have just wasted a draft choice.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

Quote Originally Posted by Art-Florida View Post
    A ridiculous post? Not so. A late round brain, as you put it, is never a good idea. My evidence: Roderick Green.

Pass on Gaither, unless we can get him with 5th or 6th, and even then he has to at least know how to work an electric coffee pot. Otherwise, we may have just wasted a draft choice.

Maybe IU was a bit harsh... but this si the NFL, where players earn their draft slot in the combine, not over their college career... See Chris Henry, 2nd round Tennesee.
    I'd bet even money he is gone before our third choice would have been, and I'd give odds before our 4th. Without blinking an eye, a 4th would be a pittance to acquire him, but a 2nd or a first does take some serious consideration on a guy such as Gaither. As has been said, I wouldn't be astounded if someone spent a first on him. It is a deep tackle class coming up, but this last one was as weak as ever.... Teams that need help this year are likely to splurge.

Give me Gaither or give me Death!!!!

No, jk. Its not that serious. However, this is a gamble the Ravens should take. We dont' have any true offensive tackles besides Ogden and Terry.

I am confident Terry can be a starting LT or RT for this team.

I am also confident that Ogden will retire either after this year or in a year or two, and we'll be stuck hoping that someone with Gaither's talent falls to us.

Really I wish we had just resigned Pashos.

And tell me again why, after signing Pashos, the Jags are interested in Gaither? Wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    And tell me again why, after signing Pashos, the Jags are interested in Gaither? Wtf?
    I'm a little confused on that front as well. With Pashos they've got a top RT and Khalif Barnes has shown the talent and ability to be a very good LT in the NFL. Though I guess you can always upgrade and if you can you should.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Maybe IU was a bit harsh... but this si the NFL, where players earn their draft slot in the combine, not over their college career... See Chris Henry, 2nd round Tennesee.
    I'd bet even money he is gone before our third choice would have been, and I'd give odds before our 4th. Without blinking an eye, a 4th would be a pittance to acquire him, but a 2nd or a first does take some serious consideration on a guy such as Gaither. As has been said, I wouldn't be astounded if someone spent a first on him. It is a deep tackle class coming up, but this last one was as weak as ever.... Teams that need help this year are likely to splurge.
    So I say a 5th and it's ridiculous, you say a fourth now. Thanks for thinking before you reply.

Quote Originally Posted by awalt View Post
    So I say a 5th and it's ridiculous, you say a fourth now. Thanks for thinking before you reply.
    No, I'm sayign that a fourth would bea very unlikely but goldmine of a selection... I also said that I DOUBT that our third would have been enough, and further more, that our second or even potentially our first may not be enough. A fifth is way, way past when he will go. We are in fact, talking about a first round talent and body. I only said I was a bit harsh, as in, I didn't attack the poster, btu the post, but probably could have been nicer. I still think that your take is way off, but I typically find myself coming accross less severe. I also have on plenty of occasions agreed with you, just not this time. From what i have seen and read, I don't consider the kid a true character concern, at least in the PacMan Jones sense. Hence, I feel that taking Gaither now, and trainign him in Owings Mills this year, without palying on the field, is better then Trading up in the top 10 for an equal player in April... If players with his size and agility grew on trees I may not have that line of thinking, btu you simply cannot get a player that can step in to play LT in any capacity by this time next year, without spending a day 1 pick. IMO, it is better to spend that pick today, and get this kid on the straight and narrow, learning Baltimore football, rather then wait, draft higher and still have to compress all of that knowledge into a much shorter period of time.