Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: We could play the Steelers here in two weeks

You know, call me nuts, but I think Cincinnati has the best chance of the four wild-card-weekend teams to win in New England. Houston and Denver look completely inept (Houston couldn't play there in round 2, of course), and I don't think Pittsburgh with gimpy Ben is a threat to anybody, even though they may win against Denver. They could've rested everybody against Cleveland but played all-out (Mendenhall getting hurt in the process ... not that he's particularly good but anyways) to win a game that turned out to be meaningless.

Re: We could play the Steelers here in two weeks

No Way Steelers are banged up. They will actually lose to the Bronco's.
    Sad to say it but Tebowelujah will have some magic to beat the Steelers in the rarefied air of Denver

3. Re: We could play the Steelers here in two weeks

Only team that really worries me is Pittsburgh...

If some how the Texans can pull that off.. (which i doubt), i think we beat the Texans pretty easily.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens825 View Post
    Clark can't play in Denver so that hurts them as well.
    Wow, I forgot about that. I forget what condition he has...Didn't it almost kill him? I wonder if it's something he'd risk playing there in the playoffs. Them having to play without their best safety (yeah, I said it) would be great. Unfortunately denver is probably the one team who has almost no shot of taking advantage of that weakness in the secondary.

However, the way Wallace ran against the Yinzers today a couple times, I wouldn't be surprised if Tebus could do some damage too.

We're gonna play Pittsburgh at some point.

We all know that.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    Only team that really worries me is Pittsburgh...

If some how the Texans can pull that off.. (which i doubt), i think we beat the Texans pretty easily.
    I'm not sure the Ravens can beat anyone "pretty easily" right now. However, I think we would be strong favorites to pull out a hard-fought win. :D

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Likely scenario. I like the Ravens odds at home coming off a bye
    Absolutely.

Under Harbs, IIRC, the Ravens are undefeated after a bye.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Pittsburgh could barely beat the Browns. I don't think they make it out of Denver alive.

I hope I'm wrong though because I would love to beat them again.

Anyone we play better be ready for a hard-nosed game and bring their best defense. They'll have to come to our turf (except. NE) and play by our rules.

Finally got a home playoff game!

Did a little poking around re: Ryan Clark

He has sickle cell, plus some "other conditions" that combined to cause his issues when he played in Denver in 2007.. Last time they played there (2009) he was cleared to play, but they ended up sitting him out anyway. Something tells me he'll probably play this time.

(And then someday sue the team/league/doctors/goodell/everyone if something goes wrong again.)

I think it'll be Denver. The Steelers easily should've lost to an inferior Browns team today. I know the Broncos have struggled the last 3 weeks but I think they find a way to win. I also see Cincy beating the Texans.

Denver V Ravens
    Cincy v NE

Quote Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
    Did a little poking around re: Ryan Clark

He has sickle cell, plus some "other conditions" that combined to cause his issues when he played in Denver in 2007.. Last time they played there (2009) he was cleared to play, but they ended up sitting him out anyway. Something tells me he'll probably play this time.

(And then someday sue the team/league/doctors/goodell/everyone if something goes wrong again.)
    He has Sickle Cell Trait which caused him to have emergency surgery in Denver in 07 in the middle of the game. Had his Gallbladder and Spleen removed.

If they are careful i am sure he could play but would have to play at less than 100% and have frequent rests. It isn't like it will be hot in Denver but the altitude could kill him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6670790
    "He said the condition can only be found in an autopsy examining slides of the heart, which UCF attorneys allege the medical examiner failed to do before declaring Plancher's death was caused by sickle cell trait. The condition causes blood cells to become misshapen and disrupt the body's vascular system when it's put under extreme stress."

Any athlete can play sports with Sickle Cell trait with proper supervision but to have him play in a game they can probably win without him and risk serious complications or death seems stupid to me.

I think all the other injuries are a bigger problem for the Steelers. If Denver can play good solid defense they can pull out a win.