Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: CBS could care less about our game

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Nantz is seriously so wrapped around Tebow's cock it's difficult to imagine he can tell which way is up anymore. It's remarkable how much slobbering that dude does over Tebow, and I'd rather not have him announcing our game cause I'm fairly certain that if he did, he'd just be comparing everyone on both teams to Tebow...
    - C -
    I used to work on W. 51st St. & 6th Ave. in NYC. CBS is on W. 52nd. One day, crossing the street, I saw Mike Ditka, I said, "Hi Mike." He smiled and returned the "Hi". A few months later, I saw Jim Nance, again I said, "Hi Jim." He turned his head and ran off to a limo as if he were so important. psu, this guy is on an ego trip too... Bc

All the CBS teams are bad enough I don't think they have a #1

I kinda like Iron Eagle. He's made himself into a good announcer. I don't mind this crew.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Nantz is seriously so wrapped around Tebow's cock it's difficult to imagine he can tell which way is up anymore. It's remarkable how much slobbering that dude does over Tebow, and I'd rather not have him announcing our game cause I'm fairly certain that if he did, he'd just be comparing everyone on both teams to Tebow.

Jets/Phins is two major markets in a 1 p.m. match-up, it makes sense they get a good announcing pair.

With all that said, it doesn't really make sense that we're getting a second-rate crew. The Ravens/Bengals game is the only AFC game where both teams are in a dog-fight for playoff positioning, and it's got by far the two best teams with a combined 20 wins between them (vs. every other AFC game having two teams adding up to 18 or fewer wins). Such is the burden of two small-market teams playing week 17.

- C -
    I agree with most you said. But since when is south Florida a major market? New York , yes ....

Quote Originally Posted by footballfan View Post
    I agree with most you said. But since when is south Florida a major market? New York , yes ....
    Miami-Dade county is the 8th highest population county in the country according to the 2010 census. Broward, which is just to the north and would also be considered primarily the Miami Dolphins' home-crowd, is the 18th. Palm Beach, just north of Broward and still Phins territory, is 28th. The three combine for a 5.5MM population which is comparable to Chicago and larger than Houston. The only markets that are bigger, split with two (or more) franchises.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

I dont understand why they changed the times of the AFCN games when they are not showing them anywhere other then their local markets.

7. Re: CBS could care less about our game

Actually when it comes to the two main networks, the #1 crews pretty much suck, so it's no real insult to not have to listen to them.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    ... some guy from TeleMundo..
    Still laughing. Bazinga!

I used to hate Wilcotts. Lately I've learned to appreciate him. Maybe it's just his analysis on NFLN that has me liking him.
    Facebook -> Craig.Ciurca
    Twitter -> @papa_ciurca
    Instagram -> @papa_ciurca

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    They can send a janitor and some guy from TeleMundo if it means I don't have to listen to Dierdorf.
    "'GGGOOOOOOOOOAAAAALLLLLLLLL"!!!!!

lol
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

If you look at the TV distribution maps, most of the country will also be stuck with Tebows/Chiefs at 4:00. Not surprised they also drew the A-team announcers.

I think the simple truth is that the country at large is more interested in seeing if Tebow can finish this amazing story and put his team in the playoffs, after taking over for a 1-4 team where no one thought he would succeed. Even though Ravens Bengals will probably be a much better game, with much more on the line - I just don't think people in flyover country really care about the Ravens or the Bengals, or Flacco or Dalton.

I don't think it's a swipe at any teams, or disrespectful, I just think it shows how crazy this Tebowmania has gotten.

[QUOTE=Saltwater_Rider;386288]Still laughing. Bazinga!

Love it! Someone create a smiley.

Blog Entries

After listening to Wilcotts on SiriusXM NFL radio for years I realized that he isn't the usual talking head. This guy really knows football. I'm glad he's doing our game.