Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: I think we got the better break with the weather

Except Seneca can run and Ben is gimped up....
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Tons of snow always makes it a wild-card. Couple breaks the right way and Cleveland maybe could steal one, which would sure be nice.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

According to NOAA's national weather service, it's not expected to snow in Cleveland until Monday. There's a chance of rain, and winds could get up to 50mph. I hope the wind affects the Steelers' passing game.

Americanmade2012 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Im assuming you are referring to Pitts game. How does that help us?

Bad weather takes both QB's out of the game and it becomes a ground game. The Steelers ground game and run defense is light years better than Cleveland's.

Instead of forcing Ben to throw, all he has to do now is hand off.
    I just said we got the better weather between the games :) I didnt say anything about it helping the steelers or hurting them man.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Tons of snow always makes it a wild-card. Couple breaks the right way and Cleveland maybe could steal one, which would sure be nice.
    - C -
    I hope so. The Steelers stole one from the Browns already, let's turn the tables... Bc

Blog Entries

Inclement weather always favors the less talented team, so that's a plus for Cle. Plus gimping around in snow or rain or slush can't be good for Ben R's ankle.

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Hillis ran through us, and we have a better rush D than Pittsburgh.

Bad weather can't be a bad thing. Throws a whole lot of variables into the mix that would not otherwise be there. We need that in that game.
    Hillis also ran through Baltimore last year, but in 3 games against Pittsburgh (two last year and one this year) he's had 41, 13, and 25 yards rushing. He's not the kind of running back that typically gives Pittsburgh trouble. Don't think it'll be different today, snow or no snow.

That said, the bad weather is an equalizer. If this becomes a game of Hillis vs Mendenhall, it's going to be very little offense, and extremely low scoring, which means that any play, even just a bad punt or a decent return could make all the difference. Field position will be critical.

Boy it is blowing HARD in Cinci. I am talking like gale force winds.

TWC says it is a steady 25mph gusting to 40 plus mph, and is warning of power outages.

Advantage Ravens.

Flacco has the arm strength to get it through the wind, and we have Ray Rice.

Quote Originally Posted by Americanmade2012 View Post
    Just checked both forecast and Cleveland is getting 9 inches of snow starting early sunday morning with 50 mph winds in the mid 30's and our game is low 40's partly cloudy but windy as well. Hate to be a kicker in either game lol
    The Mistake by the Lake lives on!

The bad weather is a good break for the Ravens. Flacco has the ability to make throws in that kind of wind, don't think Dalton has that kind of arm strength. Plus Rice > Benson.