Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I gotta say, I kinda miss this guy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjj5OA1I5UU

I find myself thinking about Cmac, more and more with the drafting of Jimmy Smith. Cmac, man i don't think people around the league understood how good he was, i see what Revis does, and i think man, that wasn't too far off from how Cmac used to shut receivers down.

Perfect size, to speed ratio, incredible instincts... He could have been so much better but he was still really really good, the most underrated corner in the league during his time. He had one of the most under appreciated seasons in team history, in 06 i didn't think anyone was better. He had to be 1b to Champ Bailey's 1a. Everyone was so good that season, that it sorta overshadowed how good Cmac Actually was, for a while he was my favorite raven, then obviously it didn't end well, but i think we shouldn't forget just how good this guy was. In terms of all time Great defensive players in Ravens history i rank him 5th, right behind

Ray
    Ed
    Suggs
    Boulware
    McAlister...

Where do you rank him?

If Jimmy turns out to be as good as Cmac, minus the bad attitude, i would be a very very very happy Ravens fan..

Here's to Sunday! BALL SO HARD, HAPPY NEW YEARS!!
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Blog Entries

Re: I gotta say, I kinda miss this guy....

The guy was super talented, no doubt.

Wish he had taken his career a bit more seriously. Might not be at home living with his parents being chased around for child support.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

i thought he got off to a good start in 2008, next thing you know he gets blown up by peyton manning, never to be seen again (you know what i mean). i hope jimmy turns out to be 75% the cb cmac was. he was shut down and made starks/baxter/rolle look better than they actually were, though starks had the greatest season of any ravens cb in 2000. MNF against denver in '02 (FG return TD) stands out along with Jets 2000 (long int TD) as a couple of my fonder memories up at m&t.

CMac had all the talent in the world and could have been as dominant as guys like Revis and Asomugha, but never could do it consistently. He was his own worse enemy and I'm still left waiting for more. He was an unsung member of that great D, but he just could have been so much better.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Cmac was the epitome of wasted talent IMO. His poor attitude and propensity for penalties eventually derailed his career. That and his inability to manage his off-field life caused him to fall out of favor when he had a few really good years left. When he had his head screwed on straight he was one of the best.

Here is Billick commenting on CMAC. Pretty insightful stuff that I didn't know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnRDj...eature=related

CMac would have been a first ballot Hall of Famer if he even had half the sense of a village idiot. He could be so dominant and then give it right back to the other team with one or more stupid penalty and his bad attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by burnwood View Post

Wow that was awesome, thanks for sharing.

Just goes to show, a lot of guys in the NFL don't like playing football, no matter how talented, or physically gifted they are.

Wow great stuff thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RavNMadMan View Post
    Cmac was the epitome of wasted talent IMO. His poor attitude and propensity for penalties eventually derailed his career. That and his inability to manage his off-field life caused him to fall out of favor when he had a few really good years left. When he had his head screwed on straight he was one of the best.
    I wouldn't call him wasted talent, i just think he could have been so much more, but for the little part of his potential he taped into, it was still pretty fucking fantastic. He was dominant when he wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by burnwood View Post

The answer to the question is no. That's one reason why Harbaugh became the coach. To make changes that Brian Billick didn't want to make.

the sky was the limit with Cmac....I really enjoyed watching him play. What a shut down corner he was.

12. Re: I gotta say, I kinda miss this guy....

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    Just goes to show, a lot of guys in the NFL don't like playing football, no matter how talented, or physically gifted they are.
    The more I learn about the NFL or pro (plus prep/college) sports in general, the more the disillusioned guys seem like the only sane ones and the messianic ones seem a little sad and unfortunate.