Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

ESPN news on Boldin

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/74...ctice-game-too

While he may not actually play, this bodes well for the playoffs... Bc

Americanmade2012 Guest

Re: ESPN news on Boldin

He is a game time decision according to the Doctor but if he can play should we play him and risk it getting hurt again?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Americanmade2012 View Post
    He is a game time decision according to the Doctor but if he can play should we play him and risk it getting hurt again?
    IMO, NO. We have Evans, plus two competent TEs, who (along with T. Smith) can take over the receiving chores for one game. This would give Boldin, if we win, two more weeks to heal for the playoffs... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    IMO, NO. We have Evans, plus two competent TEs who (along with T. Smith) can take over the receiving chores for one game. This would give Boldin, if we win, two more weeks to heal for the playoffs... Bc
    Id argue we have only one. Dicksons continuing to show abity to get open and not catch the ball. Last week was so frustrating to see those drops after making a nice grab or two in traffic. I believe harbs even has said something about doss getting more time instead of 2 TE sets because of his inconsistency. Overall i completely agree with you though. I think they should rest him and play who is healthy. I just hope thats more doss than dickson in this case.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Id argue we have only one. Dicksons continuing to show abity to get open and not catch the ball. Last week was so frustrating to see those drops after making a nice grab or two in traffic. I believe harbs even has said something about doss getting more time instead of 2 TE sets because of his inconsistency. Overall i completely agree with you though. I think they should rest him and play who is healthy. I just hope thats more doss than dickson in this case.
    I have no problem with your POV, but the coaching staff does. Seems Dickson gets a lot more offensive snaps than Pitta. Your last sentence though...how can they rely on Doss (no NFL catches) more than Dickson, even with his drops? Fantasy world : If only Dickson had Pitta's hands... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Americanmade2012 View Post
    The doctor wouldn't clear him for practice, if there was a huge risk of him getting hurt.. That's just bad medicine, you don't treat a guy after he got hurt on the Job, and tell him to go back, before you think it will be hurt again.

I don't see that happening from one of the most renowned, doctors in America.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Americanmade2012 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    The doctor wouldn't clear him for practice, if there was a huge risk of him getting hurt.. That's just bad medicine, you don't treat a guy after he got hurt on the Job, and tell him to go back, before you think it will be hurt again.

I don't see that happening from one of the most renowned, doctors in America.
    I agree I am just glad to hear the news that he is fully allowed to practice and recovering quicker then they thought

I hope he plays and gets 113 yards so he can hit 1000 yards this season!!

We need Anquan, as much as we want to put our hopes in Evans, he hasn't shown anything that would lead us to believe he will come through. If he can play, play him.

I'm thrilled that Boldin's ahead of schedule but this is a great week to not push him. He has never been a factor in the passing game against the Bengals since coming over. Get 100% for the playoffs big guy!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

I hope he doesn't play - better safe than sorry! We absolutely need his toughness in the playoffs (home or especially away!)

The meniscus part is fine by now, most likely the minor surgery swelling is the issue. Knowing Boldin, he might play. With his injury, unlike Achilles, ankle, toe or hamstring playing won't make it worse, but painful. He can take painkillers for that. I wouldn't be surprised if he played or is at least active if needed.

12. Re: ESPN news on Boldin

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    The meniscus part is fine by now, most likely the minor surgery swelling is the issue. Knowing Boldin, he might play. With his injury, unlike Achilles, ankle, toe or hamstring playing won't make it worse, but painful. He can take painkillers for that. I wouldn't be surprised if he played or is at least active if needed.
    Yeah i'm almost certain he plays.

Think about it, he cant make it any worse, it'll hurt, but that's why God invented Pain Killers... Add on to the fact that boldin is one of the tougher guys, and this is probably the most important game in our season. I just cant see Anquan sitting this one out.