12 TD
    11 Int

That's not accurate. period.

Career
    55.5% completion
    113 TD
    129 Int

Again, that's not accurate. period.

Trent was the right person at the right time. Let's not make him out to be someone greater than who he was. He never took over games for the Ravens, or any other team.

How can a team be cursed because of a completely mediocre quarterback?

Dumbest. Post. Ever.
    There was a reason he was derisively know as "TrINT" Dilfer in some circles, particularly Tampa Bay.

I never had anything against him and actually like the way he breaks down QB play for ESPN.

Re: What Tebow teaches about Dilfer

First off Happy New Year to all my fellow Ravens Fans , Look I am not going to get into the Dilfer Debate at all. For someone whos name is the Curse of Dilfer really I mean come on man. Get this straight there is no curse of Dilfer and there never will be he has forgiven the past and so should you. If you are a Ravens fan why even have that dumb ass name any way? Are you trying to be up starter of some Bambino sort of thing cause guess what that was never to be either. I want you to get a purple crayon and wright and draw with all day today and that is the only color you are aloud to use make your shading right and the picture will come out more clear and remember Trix are for kids

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    There was a reason he was derisively know as "TrINT" Dilfer in some circles, particularly Tampa Bay.

I never had anything against him and actually like the way he breaks down QB play for ESPN.
    He is very good at breaking down film for ESPN, I just get tired of some of those in Baltimore making him out to be better than what he really was. Right place, right time... that is all.
    Rise and rise again until lambs become lions.

More like right guy at the right time, but Happy New Year!

Quote Originally Posted by blitzin_ravin View Post
    He is very good at breaking down film for ESPN, I just get tired of some of those in Baltimore making him out to be better than what he really was. Right place, right time... that is all.

He's one of the very few at the four letter network who knows what he's talking about.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Every time I get mad or disappointed in Flacco, I go on youtube and look at replays of the 2001 Super Bowl and the 01 BAL/TEN AFC semifinal. I see Dilfer throwing simple out patterns to the sidelines 2 yards in front of the receivers feet and suddenly I'm happy to forgive Joe for a bad play or a poor game.

Dilfer was the ultimate recipient of the award for having the blind luck of being in the right spot at the right time. He wasn't an awful QB, but if he would ever have had to win the game on his own by virtue of his arm, we'd have been toast.
    He did in the second Tennessee game. After throwing a pick six that put the Titans up, he came out and led a go-ahead, 80 yard touchdown drive.

Dilfer wasn't the horrible QB some have memories of. His arm wasn't great, but he usually make good decisions with the football and he was tough as nails. He needed to be behind that offensive line, which was great at run blocking but so-so in pass protection. He had a knack for getting at least to midfield where Richardson could pin the other team's offense deep in their own territory against our defense.

I don't know what Tebow teaches about Dilfer, but I think he has all the necessary skills to be a winning quarterback in the NFL provided he has a coaching staff with enough imagination, talent, and willingness to think outside the box to use the skills he has instead of wishing he was somebody else.

That's the same poor pass blocking line Boller was stuck behind for years, but the defense, while still great, never averaged only 10 points allowed per game again. Not surprising, since the 2000 defense was one of the best ever.

Dilfer did lead a great drive after the pick six.
    Al