Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    iggyman555 Guest

Yanda is back at practice

Bmore Ravens(on fbook) Ravens guard Marshal Yanda (chest) and safety Bernard Pollard (illness) returned to practice today.

Blog Entries

Re: Yanda is back at practice

Awesome..!!! We are going to need big red on Sunday.

Huge news for Ravens. Yanda is most likely the toughest guy on the offense maybe the team. I feel like if this guy is breathing he is playing.

iggyman555 Guest

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marshal_Yanda

"Yanda attended Anamosa High School in Iowa and was a letterman in football, basketball, and track & field. In football, he was a two-time first team all-conference selection."

We are getting conflicting info.

Yanda says he feels better and was able to "do some things" at practice yet he is listed as doubtful.

I guess it must have been one hell of a bruise for him to be listed as doubtful a week later, with very little chance to play.

Mind games from Harbaugh?

I remember Favre in his last season was ruled out all during the week and then started on gameday
    Actually I'm not sure if you are allowed to jump from out to the gameday roster but anyway nobody expected him to play

Yanda is listed doubtful but I think we'll see him on Sunday

Any bit of deception to throw Mike Zimmer off would be welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Raven View Post
    Mind games from Harbaugh?

I remember Favre in his last season was ruled out all during the week and then started on gameday
    Actually I'm not sure if you are allowed to jump from out to the gameday roster but anyway nobody expected him to play

Yanda is listed doubtful but I think we'll see him on Sunday

Any bit of deception to throw Mike Zimmer off would be welcome
    My thoughts as well.

I am betting on an upgrade to questionable late tomorrow night.

I just can't see Yanda not even trying to play with a "bruise'. If that is what it really is.

No way he plays this week. All of the between the lines propaganda looks pretty clear to me. He says he can breath better", he can "do some things", blah blah blah. He'll be in the shelf until the playoffs, and with any luck at all that'll be a couple of weeks.

Blog Entries

I think he's going to play, or try to. He IS the toughest guy on the team, unless something is broken then I can't picture him on the sideline.

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post

I just can't see Yanda not even trying to play with a "bruise'. If that is what it really is.
    You guys talking about deep muscle contusions like they're the same bruises you get playing basketball at the Y are really misunderstanding just how debilitating those things can be.

Quote Originally Posted by OrthoInfo.com
    Most contusions are minor and heal quickly, without taking the athlete needing to be removed from the game. But, severe contusions can cause deep tissue damage and can lead to complications and/or keep the athlete out of sports for months.
    Just because what he has could technically be called a bruise doesn't mean he can simply tough it out. Severe contusions can lead to uncontrolled inter-muscular bleeding, permanent weakness, and nerve damage.

If he doesn't play, it will be because he can't, not because he won't.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369293,-76.761113
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    We are getting conflicting info.

Yanda says he feels better and was able to "do some things" at practice yet he is listed as doubtful.

I guess it must have been one hell of a bruise for him to be listed as doubtful a week later, with very little chance to play.
    I hope he plays, but activating DJ Jones (OT) from the PS says a lot... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    You guys talking about deep muscle contusions like they're the same bruises you get playing basketball at the Y are really misunderstanding just how debilitating those things can be.

Just because what he has could technically be called a bruise doesn't mean he can simply tough it out. Severe contusions can lead to uncontrolled inter-muscular bleeding, permanent weakness, and nerve damage.

If he doesn't play, it will be because he can't, not because he won't.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369293,-76.761113
    Great post.

PP