Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: playoff tix?

Re: playoff tix?

Night before last i tell my daughter-in-law not to leave the house cause Fedex was delivering our playoff tix. She promises me that if she goes out she will leave a note on our door instructing Fedex to leave all packages next door with our neighbor, who stays home with the kids.

Of course she does not do any of these things.

6:45pm. I get home before her and there is no note on the door.
    6:46pm. I wait.
    7:49pm. She comes home and says she talked with the neighbor who promised she'd look out for Fedex.
    7:54pm. I go check with the neighbor who says my daughter asked her no such thing.
    7:59pm. I raise holy hell.
    8:07pm. My 10 year old granddaughter walks past us, goes outside, walks back to us and puts two large Fedex envelopes in my hands.

"Where were these honey?" i gratefully ask.
    "Under the doormat Poppy" replies the Beautiful Child
    "When did you find them?" i curiously ask
    "About 3pm when I got home from school" says the Whimsical Child
    "Why didn't you bring them in earlier?" i petulantly ask
    "I thought that's where the mailman wanted you to get them from" says the Child Who Can Do No Wrong Because She Has Just Handed Me $500.00 Worth of Ravens Playoff Tickets.

After my nervous breakdown i made a very strong drink.
    If you break the rules you can't make the rules.
    - Remove Coach Tomlin from the NFL Competition committee.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Nonsense. Those people spend more money per ticket and thus support the team more. I am in 519, cheapest seats in the house, so I have little shot.
    Yeah this, although aren't the odds not astronomical? Not great, but I thought they gave out 5k - 7k tickets to season ticket holders of each team...

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Yeah this, although aren't the odds not astronomical? Not great, but I thought they gave out 5k - 7k tickets to season ticket holders of each team...

- C -
    That is sssooo not true. The TOTAL allotment for each team is in the 5000-7000 ticket range.. What do the teams do from there? They make sure the coporate suite holders get first dibs, and anyone else they think might be "entitled".. Last time the Ravens did the SB lottery was when we made the AFC Title game 4 years ago. By the time the weighted lotter happened only about 2500 tickets were available to season ticket holders.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post

There better be some type of recourse if one doesn't receive their tickets due to their shabby way of handling something that valuable.

I'll assume they aren't cerified where they have to be signed for?

Anybody know for sure or not?
    Nope-
    Just so happened to be working at home yesterday.
    Saw the fedex truck and ran downstairs...
    She was about the just slip the envelope in the screen door... I opened the main door and she handed the envelope to me...
    No signature required.
    By the way, the mailbox is next to the door and is covered. It would have been safer to leave the tixs in the mailbox as opposed to in the door.

Thank goodness that I was home and that the door didnt blow open with the envelope blown away...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    That is sssooo not true. The TOTAL allotment for each team is in the 5000-7000 ticket range.. What do the teams do from there? They make sure the coporate suite holders get first dibs, and anyone else they think might be "entitled".. Last time the Ravens did the SB lottery was when we made the AFC Title game 4 years ago. By the time the weighted lotter happened only about 2500 tickets were available to season ticket holders.
    My understanding of the Super Bowl allotment priorities are:

- Suite owners get 1:1 per suite capacity
    - Club seat PSL owners have a higher priority formula than general admision - it's much higher than 1:1
    - players and coaches (and assumedly Ravens staff) get a special allotment

The Ravens web-site states:

If the Ravens qualify for the Super Bowl, a random lottery will be conducted in which selected PSL Owners will have an opportunity to purchase a limited number of Super Bowl tickets. All PSL Owners will be included in the lottery and will be entered once for every PSL owned. Separate notification of your interest to be included in the lottery is not required. The lottery will be weighted so Club Level PSL Owners will have a greater opportunity to be selected.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Nonsense. Those people spend more money per ticket and thus support the team more. I am in 519, cheapest seats in the house, so I have little shot.

In other words, the corporate suite owners who generally entertain out of town guests and the scalpers who bought blocks of PSls get better odds than the average fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    In other words, the corporate suite owners who generally entertain out of town guests and the scalpers who bought blocks of PSls get better odds than the average fan.
    That's a sweeping, highly exaggerated generalization. No question that the majority of suite patrons are Marylanders.

The guy paying $100,000+ per seson for a 20 man suite contribute a lot more than I do; therefore he should have a better access to Super Bowl tickets. Also, the guaranteed Super Bowl tickets is part of the Ravens marketing scheme to lease the suites. We'll never know, but perhaps their success in selling suites translates into meetingtheir financial goals, helping reduce presure to raise the price of my tickets.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    That's a sweeping, highly exaggerated generalization. No question that the majority of suite patrons are Marylanders.

The guy paying $100,000+ per seson for a 20 man suite contribute a lot more than I do; therefore he should have a better access to Super Bowl tickets. Also, the guaranteed Super Bowl tickets is part of the Ravens marketing scheme to lease the suites. We'll never know, but perhaps their success in selling suites translates into meetingtheir financial goals, helping reduce presure to raise the price of my tickets.

So corporate suite owners who entertain out of town guests and scalpers who bought blocks of PSl's (like the 30 sets in front of mine) don't have better odds than me?

No question you get knocked out of winning SB tickets in the lottery because of those folks. I highly doubt that a corporate suite owner is paying $100,000 a year for a suite to entertain his out of town guests so that he has better odds in a lottery to win SB tickets. That's an absurd premise. This formula does nothing to lower the price of my season tickets.

You can't put a value on a fan. You might be okay with it but I'm not. The truth is that corporate suite owners and scalpers probably have little to no trouble securing SB tickets on thier own. Not that that should compromise their chances to win SB opportunities in a lottery but their is no merit is giving advantage to anyone who puts thier bit in year after year.

Why do the tickets say they will not be replaced under any circumstance including lost and destroyed? I thought that is what the barcode is for? If you can prove you're a PSL holder and they have all your personal info why should it matter? I guess people will make all sort of stuff up with the high demand for these tickets and they just want to avoid any crap.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRock View Post
    Just curious, does anybody know any PSL holders who didn't purchase tickets becasue they didn't think the Ravens would win the division and are now kicking themselves?
    This year I don't understand how you would think the Ravens didn't have a good shot at having a home playoff game. You have to be severely pessimistic (which as most people know I vehemently hate!) this year to think that.

I do know people with PSLs who never buy playoff tickets. I don't quite understand that unless you really don't have the money. But then if you really don't have the money should you really have PSLs to begin with? That's rhetorical so no need to flame back.
    I root for the Steelers; I root for their plane to go down.

I'd rather be dead than pessimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    So corporate suite owners who entertain out of town guests and scalpers who bought blocks of PSl's (like the 30 sets in front of mine) don't have better odds than me?

No question you get knocked out of winning SB tickets in the lottery because of those folks. I highly doubt that a corporate suite owner is paying $100,000 a year for a suite to entertain his out of town guests so that he has better odds in a lottery to win SB tickets. That's an absurd premise. This formula does nothing to lower the price of my season tickets.

You can't put a value on a fan. You might be okay with it but I'm not. The truth is that corporate suite owners and scalpers probably have little to no trouble securing SB tickets on thier own. Not that that should compromise their chances to win SB opportunities in a lottery but their is no merit is giving advantage to anyone who puts thier bit in year after year.
    I sit in 126 and we won the SB lotto back in 08 (don't want to discuss the frustration I have with that game any more!!)

I do disagree with you that suite holders paying 6 figures for suite do not deserve this more than the rest of us. Do you have any idea how important it is for teams to sell those suites? I don't care how they use them, but if the Ravens don't sell those boxes on a regular basis you can be sure you will see ticket increases in the future as they make a ton off those boxes. This has nothing to do with anyone being more fan than someone else, as I'm sure I care about the Ravens a lot more than some of these guys dropping the coin they do on those suites, but the fact remains if you are paying that kind of money you should have extra perks the rest of us do not receive!
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRock View Post
    Why do the tickets say they will not be replaced under any circumstance including lost and destroyed? I thought that is what the barcode is for? If you can prove you're a PSL holder and they have all your personal info why should it matter? I guess people will make all sort of stuff up with the high demand for these tickets and they just want to avoid any crap.
    Ravens will replace the tickets if lost or stolen despite what is stated on them.

I got an email about my FedEx package earlier this week and opted to pick up at the local FedEx office, as a number of Xmas deliveries had been snagged from neighbors porches (burglars were caught!). Envelope had my PSL seat, but not the 2 singles I had won in the lottery. I called the Ravens ticket office to inquire, as my credit card was charged for the extra singles. They stated the lottery tickets were FedEx'd on the same day, but from a different location, with no email notice about tracking number. I told the Ravens employee about the thefts in our area and how I had preferred to sign for the package at an office, and he said not to worry, if the package had not arrived, call back and the tickets would be re-issued. The lotto singles were waiting for me when I got home. FYI, the lotto playoff tickets are printed locally and look nothing like the real nice PSL playoff tickets.

Seems like opting to take singles is a good strategy for picking up some extra tickets.

And, for those who want to complain about my having two extra seats ... sorry but I laid down some serious cash for the PSL and there are many available at the start of each season.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosdaman View Post
    And, for those who want to complain about my having two extra seats ... sorry but I laid down some serious cash for the PSL and there are many available at the start of each season.

You get an "attaboy" for that statement. I get tired about the whining about the privileges which PSL owners have, or the preferences for club seats or suite owners.

I spend thousands each season on my passion: the Ravens. If I wind up getting a pair of Super Bowl tickets as a result, while the guy who watches the Ravens from his couch doesn't have access to Super Bowl tickets, I believe that it's totally equitable. If I got those tickets because I had a lottery preference for buying club seats, that's also equitable. The more you spend, the more you benefit.

If you want perqs from the NFL, you have to support your team, financially.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52 View Post
    I sit in 126 and we won the SB lotto back in 08 (don't want to discuss the frustration I have with that game any more!!)

I do disagree with you that suite holders paying 6 figures for suite do not deserve this more than the rest of us. Do you have any idea how important it is for teams to sell those suites? I don't care how they use them, but if the Ravens don't sell those boxes on a regular basis you can be sure you will see ticket increases in the future as they make a ton off those boxes. This has nothing to do with anyone being more fan than someone else, as I'm sure I care about the Ravens a lot more than some of these guys dropping the coin they do on those suites, but the fact remains if you are paying that kind of money you should have extra perks the rest of us do not receive!
    EXACTLY! The ticket prices for suites and clubs even in the corner endzone costs more than the best 50 yard line seat in the lower level.

Blog Entries

I just want to say again, after seeing the 215$ price on our AFCCG tickets (normally our tickets are 90$), that it's complete bull**** for the NFL or the franchises to say they can't reduce the price on the two PS games.