Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Most ESPN talking heads predicting Bengals win

When the mediots jump on the Ravens bandwagon I get nervous. Very nervous.

Thankfully most of them have jumped off. I feel much better, and the Ravens are more likely to come out and play with some fire, with something to prove.

I honestly don't have a problem with the predictions... you can blame the Ravens schizophrenic identity on the road for that.

If they're going to take into consideration all the losses on the road to subpar teams, then at least be consistent enough to also consider they haven't loss to any team with a winning record and like Willie McGinest said on NFLN, they get up for big games.

Titans have a winning record.

The issue is whether one places the blame for our bad performances at Tenn, Jax, Seattle, and SD on 'not being up' for a game vs a dubious opponent ('playing down to their opponent', and specifically their record, because in SD's case they were better than their record when we played them), or whether one places the blame on merely being away from M&T. If the former, then I think we can rest easy, because I cannot see how we fail 'to get up for' this game. If the latter, then it might spell trouble. Of course neither argument explains all of the season's results perfectly; there are exceptions to both claims, and the reality is that both factors probably played a part in our losses.

I am more worried about Marvin seemingly having our number at Cincy. The sample size (of games at Cincy) is still darn small, but, for example, last year they finished 4-12 and us 12-4 and we lost there (ugly). Obviously the rosters and stakes are very different this time, but still it isn't crazy for one to get a bit nervous.

Blog Entries

How many "experts" picked the Chiefs to beat the Packers? 'nuff said... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    How many "experts" picked the Chiefs to beat the Packers? 'nuff said... Bc
    Who you calling the Chiefs? ;)

Aren't the bungles 0-6 vs playoff contenders? Why is this stat always overlooked? The Steelers ROLLED cincy in cincy just a few weeks ago.

Like it was stated earlier, if the Ravens don't get to motivation to come out and play a good game then they don't deserve to win the division and get the bye.
    90% of the game is half mental

Quote Originally Posted by timmyonfleet View Post
    Aren't the bungles 0-6 vs playoff contenders? Why is this stat always overlooked? The Steelers ROLLED cincy in cincy just a few weeks ago.
    They beat Tennessee. Tennessee has a winning record and is a playoff contender (in fact, after we beat Cincy I think Tenn likely gets the #6 seed)

I have to laugh at this theory that the Ravens play better or have more motivation when ESPN experts pick against them.

Do they play better when there is a full moon that Sunday night as well?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRock View Post
    Ravens need to prove they can win on the road. Until then I can understand why people are picking the Bengals.
    I agree. I do think the Ravens will win but in the last national game everyone was watched the Ravens get demolished by the Chargers. Not a lot of faith in them on the road after that one.

Quote Originally Posted by timmyonfleet View Post
    They blew them out at Heinz.