Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Most ESPN talking heads predicting Bengals win

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Out of the ten ESPN "experts", 5 pick the Ravens and 5 pick the Orange Tabby's.

How is that most?
    Because there are really only 8 experts on that panel. The final 2 are Fans Picks and Accuscore which simulates the games like a million times or something.

Take notice something though, Accuscore and Fans Pick has more correct predictions this year than these so called experts and they both pick Ravens to win!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Still have to laugh though. Why it matters what this third-rate network has to say is way beyond me.
    Yep!

True, ESPN is bogus and NFL Network is headed in that direction.

Yeah, the Bengals are playing to get into the playoffs, but the Ravens are playing for a bye and home field. I know they have stunk it up on the road so far, but they are already in playoff mode at this point. The general Ray Lewis has already declared this a playoff game so I expect them to come into Cincy and take care of business rather easily. I can also see them going into Foxboro and beating the Pats rather easily again, should it come to that. I just hope the younger guys understand what's at stake in the playoffs and get into the mentality needed to dominate. The talent and potential is there, they just need to execute.

The Ravens are the more seasoned team, and have been here before....plus, the Ravens are the more talented team, imo. Having said that, I fully expect the Ravens to Win; I would be Surprised if they did Not Win; but, I would Not be Shocked if they lost, given their inconsistent nature. Fear not, the Ravens will bring home a W.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    There are only 8 talking head picks there, the other two are automated pickers (Pick Em and Accuscore). Out of the talking head picks, 5 of 8 pick Cincy.
    And 3 of the 4 "Countdown" guys (Ditka, etc.) It's 8 of 12 for Cincy. Seeing as how we've crapped the bed on the road against bad teams, I can see how they'd pick against us versus a team with a winning record and shot at the playoffs. Plus, we're 2-6 in Cincy in the Marvin Lewis era. Basically, if the Ravens can't get the fire and urgency to win when a bye and home game are on the line, then they deserve what happens afterward.

NFL Network don't have their picks done yet

Probably later today, the playbook series is pretty good

I'll check then and add to the thread

Excellent I love when everybody is picking agaisnt us!!

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    And 3 of the 4 "Countdown" guys (Ditka, etc.) It's 8 of 12 for Cincy. Seeing as how we've crapped the bed on the road against bad teams, I can see how they'd pick against us versus a team with a winning record and shot at the playoffs. Plus, we're 2-6 in Cincy in the Marvin Lewis era. Basically, if the Ravens can't get the fire and urgency to win when a bye and home game are on the line, then they deserve what happens afterward.
    This.

I'm not going into Sunday as a Debbie Downer and really think the Ravens will win, but I can certainly see why most of the prognosticators think the opposite of what a Raven fan would think.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRock View Post
    Ravens need to prove they can win on the road. Until then I can understand why people are picking the Bengals.
    Didn't they do just that @ Pittsburgh? Or did I dream that?

Blog Entries

The Bengals have a winning record. They won't benefit from the Ravens thinking they can just up and get a victory. I said earlier and I will say it again.... I expect an ass whooping.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Didn't they do just that @ Pittsburgh? Or did I dream that?
    Doubt = Seattle, Tennessee, Jacksonville and San Diego.

All road games where we were favored, all losses.