Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: This week is the Ravens Super Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Durango46 View Post
    IMO,

The Ravens entire season is on the line against the Bengals this week. It's everything.....in other words their Super Bowl up to this point.

1st round bye and possibly home field throughout the playoffs..
    A chance to prove they CAN play on the road. Many people feel like the Bengals beat them the first time around. The Ravens have a lot to prove.

If they lose,
    on the road again.........and another squandered opportunity. I just don't see them recovering from a loss in Cincinnati.

What say you ???
    Holy hyperbole Batman!
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

If the Ravens lose and Pitts win the AFCN, don't blame this loss to Cincinatti, a tough divisional game on the road against a team with a winning record, fighting for the playoffs. Blame the loss to Jacksonville, blame the loss to Seattle, those were inexcusable, and IMHO fall on the coaching staff. The game against Jax by itself should have disqualified them from the postseason.

Blog Entries

I have to stop watching the football shows this week. Amazing how many of those people are picking the Bengals.

Unproven rookies. Very talented but untested in this type of atmosphere.
    On the other hand, that's GREAT news. Get Ray Lewis and company to play with a chip on their shoulders. That's Ravens Football (remember the media picking against the Ravens in every game in 2000).

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Umm. No.
    Bro-sign.

Surely this thread was made before the SD game too, blew that SB trip :T2:

I wonder if it's too late to change my username to QuestionableFan. I like the sound of that. :)

Unoriginal and overused. No team has a Super Bowl game until 5 Feb.

IMO,

The Ravens entire season is on the line against the Bengals this week.

What say you ???
    I say you are mistaken. The entire season is not on the line. The Ravens make the playoffs regardless. The Ravens have won games on the road in the playoffs. Teams playing all their playoff games on the road have won Super Bowls.

Once the playoffs actually start, then the entire season is on the line for the Ravens. This Sunday, the entire season is on the line only for teams nicknamed the Jets, the Bengals, the Cowboys, the Giants, the Raiders, the Broncos, and the Titans.

Screw the first week bye! Just like I posted on another thread, the last time the Ravens had a first week bye in the playoffs they were one and done. That extra week off can be a mixed blessing. I would ALMOST rather the Ravens just keep playing with no breaks. The team is healthy (sans Anquan Boldin and David Reed) and I don't think they need the bye week.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

The only game that would be our super bowl is the super bowl. No other game compares in importance.

Doesn't take away from the importance of this coming game. It's probably the 2nd most important game behind week 1 this year
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Blog Entries

I see this as another Steelers game. The Ravens/Steelers games determine the winner of the division. We've all read the reports of Steelers fans going to this game to support the Bengals. From the Ravens and Steelers perspective this really is the 3rd matchup of the year for these teams.

This game is going to be a playoff mentality for both teams. I can guarantee you, that if you asked the Ravens players if they would rather have the 5th seed and play all of their games on the road ( unless the 5th and 6th seeds make it to the AFCC game ) or have all of their games played in Baltimore, with the exception of potentially having to travel to New England. They would take the 2nd seed and play in Baltimore with the bye week.
    Regardless, historically, the Ravens have finished their seasons well. Sure that's in the past, and sure we're talking about other seasons. However, the Ravens have won five straight regular-season finales, and 9 of their last 11 final regular season games. 3
    http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/201...ishing-strong/
    I say Ravens win this game, albeit a tough, close match.

Quote Originally Posted by Teavo View Post
    I wonder if it's too late to change my username to QuestionableFan. I like the sound of that. :)
    Are you saying that I'm a questionable fan ?