FYI: Week 17 playoff scenarios

According to The Sporting News/Associated Press (published prior to Saints-Falcons MNF):

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...roncos-raiders

A Belated Happy Holidays!

Blog Entries

Re: FYI: Week 17 playoff scenarios

That's fine as far as it goes, but it doesn't go quite far enough, because it doesn't address which wild-card seed goes where.

Easily fixed:

• In the AFC, the 2nd place AFCN team (PGH or BAL) gets the #5 seed so the rest of the WC field is fighting over #6 & the privilege of playing in Houston next week.
    • In the NFC, if the Lions lose to GB and ATL beats TB Sunday, ATL is #5 and DET #6 (because ATL defeated DET 23-16 in Week 7); otherwise DET is #5 and ATL #6.
    This is of some importance in the NFC because the #6 seed will play at either Nawlins or SanFran, while the #5 will play at either NY or Dallas, & the latter seems just a tad less daunting.

(In the immoral words of Commander Crock, Don't thank me, Poulet, I'm paid to solve problems. :D )

Re: FYI: Week 17 playoff scenarios

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    That's fine as far as it goes, but it doesn't go quite far enough, because it doesn't address which wild-card seed goes where.

Easily fixed:

• In the AFC, the 2nd place AFCN team (PGH or BAL) gets the #5 seed so the rest of the WC field is fighting over #6 & the privilege of playing in Houston next week.
    • In the NFC, if the Lions lose to GB and ATL beats TB Sunday, ATL is #5 and DET #6 (because ATL defeated DET 23-16 in Week 7); otherwise DET is #5 and ATL #6.
    This is of some importance in the NFC because the #6 seed will play at either Nawlins or SanFran, while the #5 will play at either NY or Dallas, & the latter seems just a tad less daunting.

(In the immoral words of Commander Crock, Don't thank me, Poulet, I'm paid to solve problems. :D )
    I didn't peruse the article in detail (I'm just the messenger). Thanks for the augmentation.