Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Tandon Doss to "Possibly" get more snaps sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    yes because dickson dropped balls that flacco threw at his shoe laces on saturday
    Didn't say that. Other than the throw to Rice those were his 2 best balls of the day.

What I said is if he consistently puts the ball where it needs to be, the drops won't matter. In other words everybody has to deal with drops. The good QBs over come those things and just move on to the next play or series (in the case of Dickson's thrid down drops).

Dickson's were the only "bad" drops. The one Torrey dropped was a pretty good adjustment on the sideline actually; he should have still been running and scored a TD (saving my fantasy season in the process) if that ball is on target.

Blog Entries

Well doss your time to shine slick get em son!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    Didn't say that. Other than the throw to Rice those were his 2 best balls of the day.

What I said is if he consistently puts the ball where it needs to be, the drops won't matter. In other words everybody has to deal with drops. The good QBs over come those things and just move on to the next play or series (in the case of Dickson's thrid down drops).

Dickson's were the only "bad" drops. The one Torrey dropped was a pretty good adjustment on the sideline actually; he should have still been running and scored a TD (saving my fantasy season in the process) if that ball is on target.
    That's exactly what you said.

You said if he puts the ball where it should be then it wouldn't be dropped.

By all means, continue to think that football functions in a vacuum where no one jumps routes, shadows, or double-covers guys at any point. Flacco has some errant passes, no doubt, but more often than not he's putting the ball where the receiver has to make a play on it and for most of this season the receivers haven't been doing that.

If the ball hits your hands/arms/chest/helmet then you're supposed to catch it. We've seen Joe put the ball on Torrey's chest and he's dropped it, hit Torrey's arms/hands in stride and he's dropped it, hit Dickson in the chest and he's dropped it, hit Dickson's hands and he's dropped it, hit Lee Evans' hands and he dropped it, hit Boldin IN THE FACEMASK and he's dropped it...

What more do you want? All the QB can do is put the ball where he thinks the receiver has a legit shot at making a play on it without putting it into harms way. If the receiver does not make a play on it because they drop it, then that's on them and obviously EVERY receiver on this squad needs to just sit there for a few hours after practice and catch passes from the jugg machine.
    Last edited by wickedsolo; 12-27-2011 at 11:35 AM.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    That's exactly what you said.

You said if he puts the ball where it should be then it wouldn't be dropped.

By all means, continue to think that football functions in a vacuum where no one jumps routes, shadows, or double-covers guys at any point. Flacco has some errant passes, no doubt, but more often than not he's putting the ball where the receiver has to make a play on it and for most of this season the receivers haven't been doing that.

If the ball hits your hands/arms/chest/helmet then you're supposed to catch it.
    No, it isn't "exactly" what I said. I said if he consistently puts the ball where it needs to be, the drops won't be an issue.

No one remembers the 2 Dickson drops if Flacco leads us on a scoring drive next time he touches the ball.

Blog Entries

No, it isn't "exactly" what I said. I said if he consistently puts the ball where it needs to be, the drops won't be an issue.

No one remembers the 2 Dickson drops if Flacco leads us on a scoring drive next time he touches the ball.
    Doubtful.

Those two drops were right into the hands of Dickson and the dude had room to run.

That's unacceptable and it's been happening all season long.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

What I said is if he consistently puts the ball where it needs to be, the drops won't matter.
    That doesn't even make sense.

Flacco could throw perfect balls all game long and if the WR drops them then those perfect passes were pointless.

Maybe you mean to say that throwing more accurate passes will likely reduce drops. And that could be true - but Flacco hit Dickson perfectly and Dickson still dropped it.

Drops have more to do with the actual drop than the quality of the pass. A drop is a drop. You can drop a perfect pass just as you can drop a poor pass.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlpZoLilujCfdEtYUzAzZXk4VVJ6cVlFUHRldW5pNWc

Ravens are pretty high on the dropped pass list. Compare that with the receptions list and you don't see many (any?) "elite" quarterbacks that have to deal with nearly the drop rate that Flacco does.

(Source of counts was the Washington post drops and receptions list: http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/t...e=NFL&rank=053)

8. Re: Tandon Doss to "Possibly" get more snaps sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlacco View Post
    He looks nothing like Roddy White out there. Doss is really skinny. Roddy White is a big dude. Doss is gonna need to hit the weight room if he's gonna have an impact at this level
    Doss is 6'2 205
    White is 6'0 211

White looks bigger cause he's 6'0 shorter... he's actually not that much bigger than Doss.

Doss Strengths- Route running
    White's strengths-Route running

Not overly fast, either guy.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    That doesn't even make sense.

Flacco could throw perfect balls all game long and if the WR drops them then those perfect passes were pointless.

Maybe you mean to say that throwing more accurate passes will likely reduce drops. And that could be true - but Flacco hit Dickson perfectly and Dickson still dropped it.

Drops have more to do with the actual drop than the quality of the pass. A drop is a drop. You can drop a perfect pass just as you can drop a poor pass.
    No, I'm saying that dropped passes happen and you move on. 2 dropped passes shouldn't be the reason the entire offense stumbled in the second half.

Blog Entries

No, I'm saying that dropped passes happen and you move on. 2 dropped passes shouldn't be the reason the entire offense stumbled in the second half.
    Probably.

Depends when the drops occurred too.

For instance, drops on 3rd down kill drives.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Probably.

Depends when the drops occurred too.

For instance, drops on 3rd down kill drives.
    No one is excusing the drops. Dickson's 2 were both on third down. But we scored 3 points in a half of football against the Browns.

A lot of reasons. Part of it was our insistence on being overly conservative. Part of it was those 2 drops. Part of it was Flacco's woeful innaccuracy.

But the point is you can't excuse Flacco's poor play because one or two of his good passes are dropped. Good passes get dropped, bad passes get caught. It happens.

But the point is you can't excuse Flacco's poor play because one or two of his good passes are dropped. Good passes get dropped, bad passes get caught. It happens.
    Yes you can. You don't *have to*, but you can.

One interesting feature of FS' weekly O Line study is that the entire line got better results when Grubbs came back from his injury.

Individual performances cannot be separated completely from other individual performances in this team game. A couple drops at bad times can and *did* significantly hurt offensive production, and therefore Joe's numbers, in the second half.

No, he wasn't perfect, yes, I wish he was.

The flip side of the coin is that Sanchez' best games that I've seen have all involved his WRs making stupendous plays to bail out his dreadful throws.

It's all connected.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.