Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Best Local Sports Talk Show Host: Building the perfect "beast"

Bob Haynie sounds like Marge Simpson's two sisters. I like some of his humor, but he always sounds like he either needs another cigarette, he needs to come up for air, and or he's going to die on the air..

Mark Viviano has the voice, but ALL he wants to talk about is baseball..Him and Anita both should have a show where they could talk about baseball only Can stand Viv talking football.

Bruce Cunningham and Aaron Wilson bring it , with their Ravens show, but they're a little too sensitive...They need to lighten up a little Bruce is nothing without Aaron Wilson, I'm just saying...

For best topic changes, Rob Long. He can be all over the place at times

I am soooo tired of Anita Marks and her all baseball talk, all day, all night

I like the Bulldog for his football knowledge, but he is full of himself most of the time
    Last edited by Tspot-D-Ravenator; 07-03-2007 at 05:24 PM.

Re: Best Local Sports Talk Show Host: Building the perfect "beast"

I would take Gametime over the WNST Ravens show w/ Bruce Cunnningham any day of the week. I know Cunnnigham is a sports director, but when you have a weekly Ravens radio show I think he could be a little more informed and not rely so much on Aaron Wilson.

Last week I listened and didn't think the show was that good...not bad, but not as good as Gametime usually is.

Just my 2 cents.

- How is the Steve Davis show too late when it's on from 6-9 PM?
    - And I totally agree w/ the comments on Tom Davis...what a baseball geek. He is soooo old school it's almost scary.

FM

Quote Originally Posted by Fanman View Post
    I would take Gametime over the WNST Ravens show w/ Bruce Cunnningham any day of the week. I know Cunnnigham is a sports director, but when you have a weekly Ravens radio show I think he could be a little more informed and not rely so much on Aaron Wilson.

Last week I listened and didn't think the show was that good...not bad, but not as good as Gametime usually is.
    Well, in the show's defense, he's *supposed* to be relying on Aaron, and when Aaron isn't there, the show really suffers. Which is why it was so bad last week, when you were listening.

Sort of Tom Cruise to Aaron Wilson's Dustin Hoffman in Rain Man. You need both to make the movie.

Weird we posted at the same time. . .
    Last edited by festivus; 07-05-2007 at 03:25 PM. Reason: had to add the metaphor
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Tom Davis is impossible to listen to. The O's could lose 40 straight and he'd have 20 excuses for it, none of them being mismanagement.

After I heard him blame fantasy leagues again for "today's fans having bad attitudes" I pretty much stopped listening to him.

I think Drew at WNST has really improved and I look forward to seeing how he handles the Raven's season on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenfan_11 View Post
    I'm surprised at how fast Jeremy Kahn (now on Anita Mark's show) changed his tune. He used to rip her up and down on the WNST morning show and now they sound very buddy-buddy.
    Yea funny how that worked out isn't it?

didnt know Marks had a rack....also since I have sirius radio I rarely listen to local shows.
    Your Local Embroidery and screen printing Company..
    Cecil Countys Number 1 Raven Fan

The only show I consistently enjoy is when Lomabardi does gametime. Good inside info on my favorite topic. The rest of those jokers are just filler between weekends for me. Tom Davis is a joke all he can do is defend the Orioles and then bash anyone who dares question the ballclub's front office.
    FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!!

I am going to keep this short and sweet. If you think the show with Bruce and Aaron Wilson is the best Raven show on the dial, do yourself a favor and tune in to the REAL Ravens show GAMETIME. If somehow, someway Bruce would learn to not over talk Aaron, and not be so sensitive, the show would improve greatly. Tony, Dev and the gang are spot on. They allow the callers time to express themselves, have great guests, solid interviews. I am a longtime WNST supporter, but they srewed up BIGTIME when they pushed GameTime away. Okay maybe not so short.
    Last edited by BigAl69; 07-14-2007 at 11:18 PM. Reason: taking a mulligan, woke up on the wrong side of the nest

I agree totally Big Al....you can tell how much passion Tony and the boys have for putting out a good product....

If I could only listen to one show, once a week, it would be Gametime hands down. I like the way they treat their callers with respect and they stick to the topic at hand which is 100% Ravens.

Most of WNST is good, but since I only follow the Ravens, I turn the radio off once the topics turn to other sports. I seldom listen to WJFK. I have a question. Can Anita Marks conduct a show WITHOUT a million guests. The sign of a good talk show host is someone who can carry on a show for 4 hours by themselves, with the callers, without any stupid guests. I have never heard her do this, the few times I have heard her. I would be interested in knowing the answer to this.

By the way, what has happened to Terry Ford since his departure from WNST?
    Last edited by ravenwoman; 07-17-2007 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something.

Haynie and Rob Long are my favorites. I rarely listen to Aaron and Bruce, but Aaron is great to listen to. Such a knowledgable guy.

Forrester gets on my nerves. He gets way too much of an attitude. I could also do without some of the political BS I've heard him get into time to time.

Viv has a great voice, but as someone else said, is very bland. Bulldog sucks.

i would have to say wnst is the best overall station i like the mix of personalities i use to think forester cry alot but if you listen he makes sense and loves to get his point across and i think that makes a good show and he will also let you state your case i miss terry ford he was so funny but id have to go with forester.