Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Texans in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    Why would anyone expect the Rams to beat the Steelers?
    Especially at Pittsburgh. I can't figure that out either.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick Hiker View Post

I see the Steelers losing their last game against the Browns in Cleveland.
    You know this because.......????

Well I'm not from Baltimore and I was too young to remember the colts leaving Baltimore so I can tolerate the colts I suppose lol.

I guess now that they clinched the #1 draft pick they can start winning games haha.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule2 View Post
    You know this because.......????
    Stranger things have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by EnergizerBird View Post
    Stranger things have happened.
    It's more like wishful thinking.

Blog Entries

And you pulled for the colts because ..???

By what realistic scenario is there that the texans would jump ahead of us and the steelers wouldnt as well? If we loose you won't have to worry about Houston my friends!

The texans winning were like our insurence policy if we lose by blocking Pitt from a 1st Rnd bye if Pitt is able to take the division!!

Now Pitt has a shot at a bye as well, if we don't win out

This Colts win is much more of a gift for your friends in western pennsylvania than it is for u and I
    Last edited by Everything_Ravens; 12-23-2011 at 03:30 AM.

Re: And you pulled for the colts because ..???

I have to disagree with you on the premise that the texans loss is bigger for the steelers than the ravens. I'd say it was just as important for both teams. The only way the ravens can jump into the one seed is if they win out and both the patriots and texans (check) lose a game. The only way the steelers could move into the two seed is if they win out and the ravens and texans (check) lose a game (they could get the one seed if the patriots lose one game as well).

I'll agree the steelers have more to gain (a division title and bye), but that's still contingent on a ravens loss, just like the ravens still need help from either miami or buffalo (beating NE) if they want a chance at home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

The ravens still control their destiny and are now that much closer to getting HFA throughout the playoffs. Have some faith in your favorite football team to get the job done, and don't forget the steelers could lose to St Louis or Cleveland. I don't think the NFL gives out wins before the game starts.

Quote Originally Posted by EnergizerBird View Post
    I guess now that they clinched the #1 draft pick they can start winning games haha.
    At this moment there are 3 teams with 2 wins: the Colts, Rams, and Vikings.

I'm not a draft wizard, but I think tonight's win means the Colts might not get the #1 pick!

Blog Entries
    Are u saying that because a three way tie with NE and HOU would bump us out of a bye week? If that was the case ok I could see how this is better for us but I'm not sure on that.

Blog Entries
    I will say that by HOU losing it opens the chance to win the division against the browns with a Pitt lose and we would be able to rest starters in cincy without the threat of losing the bye week

And I do think they could lose to st Louis and I have faith In the team but I was looking at this from a realistic who has more to gain by this colts win stand point. There's more of a chance of us losing in a place where we are 1 out of the last 6 in cincy than it is that they will lose to stl or clv and if that happens this colts win is huge for them

Re: And you pulled for the colts because ..???

Bottom line is we control our destiny, which kinda scares me a little.

As long as there are no expectations on the Ravens they seem to thrive, but as soon as the media annoints them as the best they faceplant quicker than Gary Busey after a frat party.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rosdaman View Post
    At this moment there are 3 teams with 2 wins: the Colts, Rams, and Vikings.

I'm not a draft wizard, but I think tonight's win means the Colts might not get the #1 pick!
    Man, I would LOOOOOOVE to see Luck go to the NFC. I don't want him anywhere near our conference. Looking at the 3 teams in the last place race, St Louis still has to face Pittsburgh and San Francisco [while I'd love to see them beat Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh, it isn't bloody likely; and you can forget them winning against San Francisco], Minnesota faces Washington & Chicago, and Indy faces Jacksonville. Hmmm. Losing Luck looks like a real possibility.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.