Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question What if we do get there?

Thanks to all those who checked-in. It's nice to see.:respect

As said previously we should keep this area for those semi-open conversations that don't need to be on the UKR facebook page.

If we get there (you know where!) What do you think we should do?

My initial thought is that I would not go to Indy (unless I won the SKY Sports Fan competition). Fells Point said it's a shith&ole and not Ravens friendly.

But I would:
    Jump on a plane a go to Dublin to see the game.
    Might go to London instead if everyone else wanted to go there.
    Go to somewhere like Nottingham which is central'ish and a good night out.

...thoughts?
    "We ain't stinking Redskins fans in this Town sonny!"

Re: What if we do get there?

I doubt I'd head over to Indy as I just wouldn't be able to afford it after blowing most of my money on my trip in November (although the taxman's rebate has given me some breathing room!). And the fact that Indy is a hole doesn't help matters (Still can't believe they are playing the Superbowl in a glorified warehouse)...

Not sure I'd be able to make it to Dublin but somewhere like Nottingham would be great (unsurprising seeing as where I live...) or I'd be up for London if people wanted to do that. Nottingham does have a good nightlife, and Hooters usually has a Superbowl party, although I've never been to it so can't vouch for if it's any good.

I'll also be applying for Superbash tickets as the 2 I've been to have been great, but if Ravens make the Superbowl a Ravens meet up would be a lot more fun.

I won't be able to afford to travel anywhere, but I can host up here (stay just outside Glasgow) there's a few bars in Glasgow that show the game on the big screen and we've got space for people to crash (spare room plus two couches and plenty of floor space)

With I could travel to London, Dublin or of course Indy if we make it but with the wedding in August it's a total non-starter for me.
    UKRavenGordon's Gametrips

2009 v Cleveland W
    2010 @ New York Jets W
    2011 (January 2012) @ New England AFCCG L

There would be 0 chance I could go to Indy - but would definitely be up for anywhere in the UK to watch the game with fellow Ravens fans.
    "Flacco stepping up and throwing deep down the far sideline... CAUGHT!!! Into the endzone, TOUCHDOWN JACOBY JONES!!!!!"

We are closer to having the luxury of choosing where we meet up with the no 2 seed!!!

Well, what a difference two weeks makes! As per my email to Dave (hotmail account), Ben, Toe and Niall I now have no wedding to save for. Obviously there's a tonne of negatives to that but I'm going to focus on the positives just now. I have enough money set aside that should we make it, I'll be making a real stab at going to the AFCCG, be it in Baltimore or New Engand. And if we win that, I'll happily travel to Dublin, London, wherever in the UK/Ireland to watch the SB.
    UKRavenGordon's Gametrips

2009 v Cleveland W
    2010 @ New York Jets W
    2011 (January 2012) @ New England AFCCG L

My only issue is that it coincides with the Yorkshire Cup semi-final for my lads team - so I'd have to get somewhere in a hurry after that game.
    Money would not be as bid an issue thanks to a large bet I put on us for the AFC Championship game.

We habe to get there yet.

Smile Re: What if we do get there?

I'm not sure I'll be able to do much, being a young and poor student. I think I'll be having a few friends over to mines in Edinburgh. Although if I'm in Glasgow and something does pop up I'd love to get involved.

Fingers crossed for wembley (although highly unlikely if we win the superbowl)

Quote Originally Posted by sid214 View Post
    I'm not sure I'll be able to do much, being a young and poor student. I think I'll be having a few friends over to mines in Edinburgh. Although if I'm in Glasgow and something does pop up I'd love to get involved.

Fingers crossed for wembley (although highly unlikely if we win the superbowl)
    If (big if) we get there I would humbly suggest you try to do something. I missed out on Live Aid 'cos of money d'oh. When we got to SB XXXV I had just been laid off at work and watched the game on my own. Money we have now but I'll never get the time back.

Even if it's jumping on a cheap train or flight and booking a flea pit hotel somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRaven View Post
    If (big if) we get there I would humbly suggest you try to do something. I missed out on Live Aid 'cos of money d'oh. When we got to SB XXXV I had just been laid off at work and watched the game on my own. Money we have now but I'll never get the time back.

Even if it's jumping on a cheap train or flight and booking a flea pit hotel somewhere.
    Blimey, that's a bit philosophical for 9 in the morning! Got a point though.

If anyone ends up in London, accomodation can be dirt cheap- the Picadilly Backpackers hostel is about £16 a night (bit more Fridays and Saturdays) which I've used quite a few times. Obviously it's very basic- a bed is all you're paying for really (obviously there are showers and that available) but I've never had any problem with security which is a lot of people's concern with hostels and it's far cheaper than a hotel in central London.

If we don't get there I'll have to make my annual trip to Nottingham to see 'Browns' Phil. He's just moved to West Bridgeford, which is whole lot more fun than Hucknall.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRaven View Post
    If we don't get there I'll have to make my annual trip to Nottingham to see 'Browns' Phil. He's just moved to West Bridgeford, which is whole lot more fun than Hucknall.
    Everywhere's a lot more fun than Hucknall! I lived in WB a few years ago- really nice place.

If we don't get there and me and my mates don't get enough Superbash tickets our backup plan is Hooters. Go there about once a year, if that, but should be one of the few places putting any effort in, let alone just showing the game.