Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: I guarantee a Texans victory this Thursday night!

Best never to "guarantee" anything in the NFL. See Ryan, Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucking View Post
    it did benefit the Ravens, If the Pats lose now and we win out we get the 1 seed. If the Texans and Ravens won out and Pats lost one the Texans would have gotten the 1 seed
    I was under the impression that if us the the Texans won out and the Pats lost a game, we would have the #1 seed anyway. Before last Sunday that's how it was and we're all playing in-conference games, so how did it change?

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    I was under the impression that if us the the Texans won out and the Pats lost a game, we would have the #1 seed anyway. Before last Sunday that's how it was and we're all playing in-conference games, so how did it change?
    If we had all finished 10-4, then we would have still had the #2 seed. The Texans would have had the #1 seed, and the Pats the #3 seed. All due to the 3-way tiebreaker rules. The Texans would have been #1 due to AFC record (10-2 vs 9-3 of Pats and us). Then with us and the Pats left, we would have gotten the #2 due to Strength of Victory (as we would be tied in AFC record and tied, 4-1, against common opponents).