Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: I guarantee a Texans victory this Thursday night!

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    That loss by the Texans really sucks. The only team it benefited was the steelers. Now, if we lose to Cincy and the Patriots get upset in the next 2 weeks, the steelers get the number 1 seed.
    We benefited also because now if we beat Cincy and the Patriots get upset in the next 2 weeks, we get the number #1 seed.

Blog Entries

This year more than ever; it sucks to be the road team on Thursday night games. What a bunch of upsets.
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

That loss by the Texans really sucks. The only team it benefited was the steelers. Now, if we lose to Cincy and the Patriots get upset in the next 2 weeks, the steelers get the number 1 seed.
    it did benefit the Ravens, If the Pats lose now and we win out we get the 1 seed. If the Texans and Ravens won out and Pats lost one the Texans would have gotten the 1 seed

Best never to "guarantee" anything in the NFL. See Ryan, Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucking View Post
    it did benefit the Ravens, If the Pats lose now and we win out we get the 1 seed. If the Texans and Ravens won out and Pats lost one the Texans would have gotten the 1 seed
    I was under the impression that if us the the Texans won out and the Pats lost a game, we would have the #1 seed anyway. Before last Sunday that's how it was and we're all playing in-conference games, so how did it change?

I was under the impression that if us the the Texans won out and the Pats lost a game, we would have the #1 seed anyway. Before last Sunday that's how it was and we're all playing in-conference games, so how did it change?
    If we had all finished 10-4, then we would have still had the #2 seed. The Texans would have had the #1 seed, and the Pats the #3 seed. All due to the 3-way tiebreaker rules. The Texans would have been #1 due to AFC record (10-2 vs 9-3 of Pats and us). Then with us and the Pats left, we would have gotten the #2 due to Strength of Victory (as we would be tied in AFC record and tied, 4-1, against common opponents).