Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 51 of 51
  1. #46

    Re: I guarantee a Texans victory this Thursday night!



    Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    That loss by the Texans really sucks. The only team it benefited was the steelers. Now, if we lose to Cincy and the Patriots get upset in the next 2 weeks, the steelers get the number 1 seed.
    We benefited also because now if we beat Cincy and the Patriots get upset in the next 2 weeks, we get the number #1 seed.




  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,933
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: I guarantee a Texans victory this Thursday night!

    This year more than ever; it sucks to be the road team on Thursday night games. What a bunch of upsets.
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  3. #48

    Re: I guarantee a Texans victory this Thursday night!

    Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    That loss by the Texans really sucks. The only team it benefited was the steelers. Now, if we lose to Cincy and the Patriots get upset in the next 2 weeks, the steelers get the number 1 seed.
    it did benefit the Ravens, If the Pats lose now and we win out we get the 1 seed. If the Texans and Ravens won out and Pats lost one the Texans would have gotten the 1 seed




  4. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Deep in the bowels of Maryland suburbia
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: I guarantee a Texans victory this Thursday night!

    Best never to "guarantee" anything in the NFL. See Ryan, Rex.




  5. #50

    Re: I guarantee a Texans victory this Thursday night!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucking View Post
    it did benefit the Ravens, If the Pats lose now and we win out we get the 1 seed. If the Texans and Ravens won out and Pats lost one the Texans would have gotten the 1 seed
    I was under the impression that if us the the Texans won out and the Pats lost a game, we would have the #1 seed anyway. Before last Sunday that's how it was and we're all playing in-conference games, so how did it change?




  6. #51

    Re: I guarantee a Texans victory this Thursday night!

    Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    I was under the impression that if us the the Texans won out and the Pats lost a game, we would have the #1 seed anyway. Before last Sunday that's how it was and we're all playing in-conference games, so how did it change?
    If we had all finished 10-4, then we would have still had the #2 seed. The Texans would have had the #1 seed, and the Pats the #3 seed. All due to the 3-way tiebreaker rules. The Texans would have been #1 due to AFC record (10-2 vs 9-3 of Pats and us). Then with us and the Pats left, we would have gotten the #2 due to Strength of Victory (as we would be tied in AFC record and tied, 4-1, against common opponents).




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland