Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Gaither - Supplemental Draft

Poor conditioning? If I'm not mistaken, the dainty little Staley was the only one quicker through the footspeed tests, and well, he's 30+ lbs and 4 inches his junior.

Great , Great move !! by Ozzie.. 5th round pick..!!! thats a really good deal. No real high pick lost. Quite possibly look to gain that spot back next year for the free agents lost this past year.. A.D, Mughelli, Pashos. They have defintely did there work in rebuilding the O-line. These guys should be together for years to come. Terry,Gaither,Yanda,Chester,Brown,Grubbs. Ozzie you've done it again !!

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Poor conditioning? If I'm not mistaken, the dainty little Staley was the only one quicker through the footspeed tests, and well, he's 30+ lbs and 4 inches his junior.
    The poor conditioning remark came from the reports of his private workout this week. Gaither got very winded later in the workout, which also contributed to his poor number of 225# reps.

I'll go with the consesus. Good move. Who worries about the 5th round?

The Good: big, strong, somewhat athletic, need position.

The bad: Low I.Q., raw, maybe some character issues.

If he does not pan out, no big loss. If he does work out, another bargain chalked up to Ozzie and the drafting gurus.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

Quote Originally Posted by Art-Florida View Post
    I'll go with the consesus. Good move. Who worries about the 5th round?

The Good: big, strong, somewhat athletic, need position.

The bad: Low I.Q., raw, maybe some character issues.

If he does not pan out, no big loss. If he does work out, another bargain chalked up to Ozzie and the drafting gurus.
    Well, apparently Ralph Freidgen gave him high marks to Ozzie and put any character issue worries to rest. We shall see, but I think it's a great move!
    Now if the Wizards can just re-sign Juan Dixon :)

I'm actually a little surprised at this move, and while I'm not sold that he'll pan out, I agree that it's a low risk propostition. Why get worked up over a fifth round pick. I'm not convinced about his potential upside, but there isn't much of a downside either.

I think some of you guys are being a bit hard on our newest Raven. I keep seeing references to his " poor workout" but according to ESPN.Com the workout was extremely impressive. He ran a 4.90 40 yard dash, had a 31 inch vertical leap, and his short shuttle and 3 cone drill numbers were top notch. They went on to say that had he been at this years combine his number would have been in the top three of all linemen. The only issue was the 15 reps of 225 in the bench press which were attributed to a shoulder strain which occured as he was preparing for his workout day. This guy is going to be a STUD! This is going to go down as an all time steal. Hey he might not be the brightest bulb on the tree in the classroom but we ain't asking for a book report people.... on the field the guy has produced. He has only played football since his senior year of high school. As a freshman he gave up ZERO sacks in 11 starts. Imagine what he will be with J.O and this coaching staff whispering in his ear?