Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Exclamation More coolness. How's your reputation?

Since we have nothing to do all day but fiddle with this place until it TOTALLY ROCKS!!! I added something that will make it even more fun.

Do you appreciate the knowledge of other posters? Are you sometimes in awe of their posts? Reward them with 'The totally cheesy 24x7 reputation point system' (patented in 14 pubs around the world).

You will see a green 'blob' under your post count. Move the mouse over it and it will reveal your reputation.

Look for the small scales icon. Click on someone else's and you can reward a brilliant post by increasing the poster's reputation factor and leaving an anonymous comment.

You gain points to give out (not to add to your own) based on your tenure here and your post count. Your reputation can only be raised (or lowered) by others.

It is a very clever system because you can't 'Hank' up a poster's rep by repeatedly clicking and you can only give out so much reputation per day (and we're keeping that secret). You also have to reward 'x' amount of people before you can return to your buddy again :)

It's mainly for bragging rights but we may throw in the ability to have a super honking sized avatar or custom title when you reach a certain goal.

Yup, it's totally worthless and pointless but there was a button that said 'On/Off' and I clicked it.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by Admin Steve; 08-16-2006 at 03:58 PM.

Re: More coolness. How's your reputation?

That is a really neat idea. I'm enjoying watching you guys tweak this place.

Blog Entries

i found two green blobs...only one does anything when you click on it, and that's the indicator that says whether or not you're online.

but hey, I'm always up for new stuff.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

It is a cool idea. Kind of helps weed out some trolls.

Thx.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Blog Entries

The correct green blob is the one under your post count upper right.

To add, click on the scales icon above that.

Blog Entries

thanks...i added to your reputation :p
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Ooh, I need to turn mine on.

Yes, but Admin Dude has a 'disabled' reputation, so we can never see just how bad people think he is.

This adds pressure to my posts - I must be informative, inciteful and witty (which would be a first) otherwise my reputation will be in tatters!

Edit - never mind, he fixed it.

You know what I'm not a big fan of that as we have that on Sunspot and I've always had mine disabled, but to each his own.

Cool idea, but I hope post count doesn't factor into it too much. There are plenty of people with high post counts who just post jibberish and really have nothing to say. Buckdodgers anyone?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by losac
    Cool idea, but I hope post count doesn't factor into it too much. There are plenty of people with high post counts who just post jibberish and really have nothing to say. Buckdodgers anyone?
    Post count does not improve your reputation. It does give you (maybe) more points to hand out.

Nice find! vB has tons of cool features. vBPlaza/Ebux Point System, vB pager, an arcade as well. I'm not sure what you're going to do with this site, but whatever you do, I know it will look GREAT! It does already!