Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Torrey Smith

Blog Entries

Re: Torrey Smith

I think hes really building on a solid foundation. I hope to see him work hard on catching away from his body and the overall route tree in the off season. Ozzie really is amazing at what he does, another round of applause for the front office, for getting a guy in the late second that a lot of people on this board wouldve taken in the first.

Jimmy and Torrey > just torrrey.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Just think of what his numbers woud look like if Flacco hadn't overthrown him a bunch earlier. We could've been talking 10-15 TDs with 1200 yards recieving.
    You mean if Torrey finished his routes and caught everything that hit his hands.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Just think of what his numbers woud look like if Flacco hadn't overthrown him a bunch earlier. We could've been talking 10-15 TDs with 1200 yards recieving.
    :grbac:

Such a narrowminded point of view. Incredible.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Let's not go overboard with this. He has improved. But let's remember that improvement was from dropping a lot of balls. He still needs to improve his route running as well.

4. Re: Torrey Smith

I know people want to be so quick to discount your point, dont let them... you do have a good point. He has been overthrown a ton this season, and he has also dropped some easy catches.. As well as some long passes.

But you cant catch everything, but if he caught even a fraction of the overthrows, and drops, his numbers would be a lot closer to a thousand which would be incredible for arookie.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    I know people want to be so quick to discount your point, dont let them... you do have a good point. He has been overthrown a ton this season, and he has also dropped some easy catches.. As well as some long passes.

But you cant catch everything, but if he caught even a fraction of the overthrows, and drops, his numbers would be a lot closer to a thousand which would be incredible for arookie.
    It's only gonna get better for Torrey. He's doing this all without the benefit of an offseason. The timing wasn't there early, but he and Joe are really clicking now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    It's only gonna get better for Torrey. He's doing this all without the benefit of an offseason. The timing wasn't there early, but he and Joe are really clicking now.
    I started a thread about this last week, but it really seems like Torrey has become Flacco's top target and first look on a lot of series.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I agree with just about all of the general sentiments from this thread, but would like to add that, despite it being against scrubs in garbage time, we saw him finally turn one of those slants into a TD. That is a deadly weapon if they can get him free on those routes with greater regularity.

The kid came in running 9 routes and by next season he is going to have the whole route tree in his back pocket. With his speed, precise routes are going to make him unstoppable.