Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The realities

Re: The realities

So Boller has proven he can do it on the road against a much better defense, yet you still continue to bash the guy. Simply amazing.

Don't bother responding, I won't be able to read a word you say.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

And we almost didn't today.

A 52 YARD FIELD GOAL!! You're acting like McNair drove us to the 25 yard line and Stover had some chip shot to put the game away. He didn't.

Again, I'll ask the question, because someone needs to answer it. Stover misses that 52 YARD FG, are we talking about how McNair marched the team downfield? Or are we talking about how McNair couldn't get us into FG range and wildy overthrew Heap on 3rd down?

Stover won this game on his leg. 52 yards I say again.

I'll ask a second question. Does this inspire anyone that this offense will be able to keep up with the Bengals? Are you even inspired that we're going to keep up with the Chargers?

We are probably talking about how McNair couldn't get us into FG range. Hell, just listen to the radio. You'd think we lost the game anyway.

As far as the WR comment about going back to that Houston game, you are probably right, but I've never been that guy. I've been critical of Boller but never critical just to be critical.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

I have pretty much come to the conclusion that certain posters (who shall remain namless) will never be happy with McNair's play due to the size of his contract, and thier infatuation with Kyle Boller. I have pretty much gotten used to it.

Just ignore those guys, no matter how good of a record this team has, some Ravens fans will still complain about everything, they are so used to doing it, that no matter what happens they will still do it.

I am a Ravens fan who is happy with a win, until these problems cause this team to lose, I will not be complaining.

3-0 and loving it.

Boller's name has come up several times in several threads today. What I want to know is why?

Steve McNair is a nice guy.
    Steve McNair (usually) loks great in the pocket, very smooth.
    The team seems to have a lot of confidence in Steve.
    Steve McNair is 3-0 with the Ravens.
    Steve is good in the clutch...so far at least.

Steve McNair has a rag arm.
    Steve isn't terribly accurate at any range.
    Steve McNair's fragility is scary.

Steve hasn't beat a quality team yet. (the Browns looked semi-respectable today, but they'll seek their level by season's end - at the bottom.)

Do I paint an accurate picture?

There, see, not once was Kyle Boller's name mentioned. Let's keep it that way until Kyle is taking snaps in a game once more and the haters can refill their fangs with venom.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

Nice try Art, but those "fans" followed us over here. There is an easy way to deal with them though.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Almost every knowledgeable fan I have ever talked to has realized for years that the o-line is our problem. There are a few ignorant assholes out there tha blamed Boller for everything, but they also think that if a QB doesn't put up Montana type numbers, he's useless.

Let's look at our chain of QBs, with the exception of Redman, all of them had talent and won with other teams. We lived off defense and the run. Our defense has held up their end, the running game has gone to mediocre. If a guy is contantly geting over an injury or a jail sentence, then let him go.

Blame the playcalling or system if you want, but I don't know what plays or system would work with such an atrocious line.

I'm sure i'll get flamed for this, but we wouldn't have come back with Boller today. We wouldn't have had to. There is no way he throws all of those short passes. McNair played hideously today, and other than one preseason drive, and one regular season drive, he's been pretty bad since he got here. I don't know how long he needs to "click", especially considering we have his favorite target from TN, and a great tightend.

If we expected it him to take so long to get the offense down, then why in the hell didn't Ozzie pull the trigger faster?

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Nice try Art, but those "fans" followed us over here. There is an easy way to deal with them though.
    I realize that Darb. I am aware of the ignore option, but hey, I was even reading the Browns' game thread earlier too. :) Now there is an entire CITY to disregard.

It is just damn irritating to hear Ravens fans in their fervor of defending a guy they like dragging in another players name when it has absolutely no connection with the subject at hand.

"Say what you like about today's game, but Travis Taylor sucked and would have made us lose today!"

(See what I mean?)
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

The point 2K6 was just that this hasn't given me any reason to believe we're going to hang when we get into the meat of our schedule. Yes, absolutely 3-0 is better than 2-1. But the people on the radio share my concern. And I can't imagine the meltdown this city would have had if we actually lost this game. And we were THAT close to it, on a team that we should never have been that close to.

My issue is that now for the second week in a row, this offense has looked inept. Except this week, we were in a 14-3 hole before we could even blinked. This was supposed to be a cakewalk. This was the week this offense would steamroll. And it took Stover's leg to win the game. Think about it, the Browns were playing a simple defense without their key CB, and their front seven held the offense in check for almost the entire game. That doesn't bother anyone??

And I am really concerned that unless this offense get's it's collective shit together, we could be in trouble going up against teams that can get a 17-20 point lead on us. Our defense still seems to be able to give up the big play, and Kevin Winslow for all his BS made our defense look stupid at times.

Call me what you will, but I am not confident with this offense the way it is right now that we're going 4-0 beating the Chargers.

I'm not concerned about the big plays the defense gave up. They still only gave up 14 points. We ran a ton of blitzes today, and that's because we knew the Clowns couldn't run on us. When you blitz like crazy, you're bound to give up an occasional big play. Frye was incredibly lucky that lob didn't get picked. Let's also remember that Winslow and Edwards have talent.

Next week, with LT lining up in the backfield we won't be blitzing as much. We'll be respecting the run.

I'm sure i'll get flamed for this, but we wouldn't have come back with Boller today. We wouldn't have had to. There is no way he throws all of those short passes. McNair played hideously today, and other than one preseason drive, and one regular season drive, he's been pretty bad since he got here. I don't know how long he needs to "click", especially considering we have his favorite target from TN, and a great tightend.
    You've got to be kidding. First you start off - correctly - saying the o-line is the common denominator among years of offensive ineptitude. Then you go on to blame McNair? No way Boller would've put us in a position to win this game today. Need to be reminded of Boller's road record, or his record in Cleveland?

I'm at a loss as well as to why McNair and the offense seem to still be out of sync, but even an out-of-sync McNair-led offense is a vast improvement over years past.

And football is to a certain extent a psychological game, so yes, intangibles, leadership, confidence all do matter. That said, if McNair doesn't get in better sync with the offense (part of which is the o-line giving him a chance to do so), those intangibles could evaporate.

Sorry Art but when people make comments such as

The reality: I do not see McNair as an upgrade so far. (I don't put much stock in terms like "intangibles" and "leadership", which sound like apologies). I am hoping he can step it up with upcoming games against a few teams that can score points.
    You are inviting someone to make a comment about Boller. Right or wrong, it's gonna happen.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''