Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The realities

Re: The realities

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens'N'Hoos View Post
    I'm at a loss as well as to why McNair and the offense seem to still be out of sync, but even an out-of-sync McNair-led offense is a vast improvement over years past.
    No, it's really not. Not yet at any rate. The only difference is that we don't go down-field. I don't know why and won't bother guessing.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

oops
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenFanatic2k6 View Post
    Sorry Art but when people make comments such as

You are inviting someone to make a comment about Boller. Right or wrong, it's gonna happen.
    I beg to differ. It is perfectly correct to defend Steve and his play without dragging in the name of a quarterback who has not taken more than two or three snaps in a game since the 2005 season.
    Last edited by Art-Florida; 09-24-2006 at 10:18 PM. Reason: oops
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post

Those looping tosses? If not for some outstanding catches by Mason, the long tosses would have been incomplete. Judging from what we have seen in three games, it's obvious why the Titans didn't put up a fight to keep McNair. His first three quarters' performance today was mediocre at best. Add that to not much in Tampa after the first drive and a sad showing against Oakland. He was outplayed today by nobody Charlie Fry. Outstanding catches by Mason and Calyton masked the low quality of passes thrown in the 4th quarter comeback.

The reality: I do not see McNair as an upgrade so far. (I don't put much stock in terms like "intangibles" and "leadership", which sound like apologies). I am hoping he can step it up with upcoming games against a few teams that can score points.

Are you smoking something? Not an upgrade! This team has been destroyed by ridiculous turnovers and QB fumbles and this guy leads an 11 pt comeback and it's not an upgrade? Please. 1 Turnover in 3 games with a 4th Q comeback. Yeah that happens all the time in the Billick era.
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Art-Florida View Post
    oops

I beg to differ. It is perfectly correct to defend Steve and his play without dragging in the name of a quarterback who has not taken more than two or three snaps in a game since the 2005 season.
    I think when you bring in the "upgrade" comment, it brings him into the convo. But alas, arguing after a W is pointless. We'll have to agree to disagree.

Anyway, the reality is we are 3-0. 2-0 on the road. If we take care of business at home we'll be 10-6 at worst and should be in the playoffs.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Boller brought us back against the Jets on the road. He brought us back against Houston. HE ALSO DROVE FOR FGS TWICE WHEN WE LOST TO CINCY AT HOME WHEN THE D COLLAPSED. People forget that we had two pretty good drives in the 4th quarter against Cincy that day, they ended in FGs when Cavanaugh ran 3 straight times into the teeth of the DL once we were in FG range. Quit saying "No way Boller brings us back." He has.

I still think McNair is an upgrade and his calmness under pressure does count for something in a 2 minute drill. But he played crappy today, often holding the ball too long and his accuracy for 3 quarters was terrible.

I still think McNair is an upgrade and his calmness under pressure does count for something in a 2 minute drill. But he played crappy today, often holding the ball too long and his accuracy for 3 quarters was terrible.
    Ask any Titans fan, McNair's MO has always been that he does not look great all of the time, but he produces when needed. McNair's career numbers do not look great. His toughness and poise have always been his strengths, he led the Titans to the Playoffs with subpar performances.

He is the definition of a Clutch QB, He does not fold under pressure. If he makes a mistake, he regroups and doesn't get rattled.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Ask any Titans fan, McNair's MO has always been that he does not look great all of the time, but he produces when needed. McNair's career numbers do not look great. His toughness and poise have always been his strengths, he led the Titans to the Playoffs with subpar performances.

He is the definition of a Clutch QB, He does not fold under pressure. If he makes a mistake, he regroups and doesn't get rattled.
    All well and good, and people can make that point without the "No way Boller brings us back" takes. That's all.

!!!

Boller?!?!

Why is this guy's name even in this debate? He didn't play so there there is no way to knwo what he may or may not have done.

I have a long rant about Mac's play tonight but I am sensing it would fall on def ears. Maybe I'll play with you guys tomorrow when I am done celebrating being 3-0 for the first time EVER.

I agree with a lot of the points except the Jamal one. I don't think he is done yet. Between the offensive line getting older and worse, and the RAVENS not really getting a passing game going on yet, people are still going to game plan for Jamal Lewis.

Scott Mitchell...Eric Zeir...Tony Banks...Trent Dilfer...Elvis Grbac...Chris Redman...is there some sort of purple kryptonite at M&T that empowers linebackers but neutralizes qbs? most people seem to agree that McNair is a big-time qb, so if the O stinks again this year, it must be the system, or the O-line... ...unless McNair is hurt (again). best case scenario; by the end of the season McN is comfortable in the system, throws well, and the line gels. if/then...the sky's the limit.

You forget that in 2003 when Jamal ran the heck out of the Browns they got humiliated. It seems to me that since 2003 they have only practiced to defeat one team...The Ravens. I never see the Browns play as hard as they do against the Ravens against any other teams. It seems that they try not to let Jamal run all through them. Which brings up a very good question...where was Mike Anderson yesterday? Why was he not used for more plays? Surely if you had brought him into the mix he would have given a new look and feel to the running game.
    Pffffff! I trust wikipedia more than the NFL. If anyone would know football, it is clearly wikipedia.
    -xmradiodave 9/13/08

My first statement is that with protection...Boller can excell with the tools around him and make comebacks ! Time will make him better when playing under the pressure of a constant rush. I'll be comfortable if he has to come in and play when McNair goes down. Secondly, my concern yesterday was that on CLE first possession, we held them to minus 10 yards with dominating and inspired defense, and they punted. We then drove to the CLE 44 and on 4th and real short...we punted! We should have gone for it out of respect to our great defense, and worst case scenario....the defense would have taken the field ready to go. On the other hand, getting the first down and a possible first drive score could have made for an entirely different game and outcome.