Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The realities

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The realities

A win is a win, but this team has issues.

1. The o-line sucks as bad as ever. Ozzie needs to take some accountability for this crap.

2. Jamal is nowhere near an elite back anymore. He's slow, can't hit the holes, and still stutter steps. We should have kept Chester. He's faster, can catch out of the backfield, and pass blocks better than Jailmal.

3. I question whether McNair is really all that much of an upgrade. He's been about as accurate as a bent BB gun, he has no arm strength, and I haven't been that impressed with his pocket prescence. Derick mason bailed him out big time today.

4. The defense is as awsome as the 2000 unit. Hopefully the offense can do just enough to get us some wins, but our 3 cakewalk games are done and now the schedule gets tough.
    Last edited by Purpleguy; 09-25-2006 at 07:36 PM.

Re: The realities

You forgot to mention:

5. The playcalling sucks!! Why do you run a reverse deep in your own territory with 2 mins to go? Why do you throw 3 consecutive passes when you're at or near FG range with time running out? Why do you run Jamal straight up the middle where there are 9 guys waiting for him on 4th and 2?

3. Re: The realities

<<< and I haven't been that impressed with his pocket prescence

You must be joking. Did you not see the final drive? Our OL sucks balls and he was getting pummeled- but still completed the necessary passes from the pocket.

His arm strength has been fine also. He has not been accurate though.(He did end up at 56% today which isn't terrible)

The offense sucks plain and simple. If it stays like that all year, it's time for a coaching change. And despite his many successes, Ozzie needs to be held accountable for the OL situation.

The flip side is we are 3-0, so calls for a new staff will fall on deaf ears. Not much we as fans can do but hope the offense improves. Because this will not cut it against good teams. Which has been the story for years now. But like Tasker pointed out- Real or imagined, the players believe in McNair unlike his predecessors. I actually had hope when we got the ball back with 2 minutes left for a change.

4. Re: The realities

Playcalling-
    It just kills me that we throw the ball a yard short on 3rd downs. Always has.

Quote Originally Posted by BertJonesMyHero View Post
    Playcalling-
    It was terrible. They were too conservative at times and too aggressive when it made no sense. The call on that reverse made no sense at that point in the game. The run up the middle on 4th down was so predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by BertJonesMyHero View Post
    It just kills me that we throw the ball a yard short on 3rd downs. Always has.
    I hate when that happens. I get annoyed at the dump offs underneath on 3rd and long, but I'm not sure it has anything to do with the playcalling. The 3rd down backs can't stray too far from the LOS if he is going to truely be the safety valve. On the otherhand, Heap and the wide outs have to run their 10 yard routes as 10 yards, not round them off at 8 yards or whatever... Heap's catch a yard short of the first down had me yelling.

Have you seen Chester Taylor? He's floundering well under 4 YPC with the help of what is probably the best OL in football.

yes, the playcalling does suck. Fassel probably shouldn't be a coordinator much less a head coach.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Why do you run a reverse deep in your own territory with 2 mins to go?
    You know Beer' I almost puked on what I was eating when I saw that play.
    I thought we were trying to run the clock out on that drive.Can we have some up tempo please.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Every team has issues, its good to have issues and be 3-0.

No game in the NFL is a cakewalk, having that attitude will cause letdowns.

This team will not overlook the Chargers, we have to prove we can beat good teams now.

Thumbs up Re: The realities

McNairs leadership and will won the game, with an assist from McAlister.

I agree with points 1,3 and 4 (the OL sucking, because it sure did, McNair looking bad, and the defense looking very good). I don't agree about Jamal just yet, but I am wondering about him. He shows flashes now and then, but at times, he doesn't look very effective. Some of that is due to the OL.

The OL sucking doesn't exactly shock me, but I am a bit puzzled at McNair's bad throws. It almost looks like there is something wrong with his arm. As far as I know, nothing is wrong, but some of his throws are just really off target. Strange.

21 carries for 86 yards, 4 YPC. That isn't horrible. If he gets more carries in these first three games, he's got three 100 yard games. His injury his hampering him right now, but he's running hard.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''