Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: So...still think the Ravens don't need to look at a LT next draft?

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    And that's why you aren't the GM
    That's not the point our Oline has been revovling door for a few years now there's no continuity there we draft and develop solid line men only to see them walk and watch our QB get killed with a patch work oline while paying for cheap tackles after Ogden. We have seen what a young solid OLine can do with Gaither, grubbs, brown, yanda and oher most GMS would have kept that unit intact for their future franchise QB to succeed but what happens? We let 2 walk and we have and old center who doesn't get much push in the run game and an over the hill average LT who can't block in the run game and gets beat by finess rushers because he's slow. Imagine if we still had that unit mentioned in the previous? They would have had 4yrs together already the cohesiveness would be 2nd nature they would be best Oline in the league right now. Flacco is not that good but with a strong Oline he can win and win big. You pay cheap you get cheap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Without turning this into a draft thread, 2012 isn't a good year to draft an LT. The class isn't very talented and I don't think the Ravens will be in position to actually get an upgrade on McKinnie. The guy we might be in position to draft, Mike Adams, is essentially a carbon copy of McKinnie but substitute youth for inexperience. It might still be worth pulling the trigger, but still.

McKinnie has been about average this year, but what bothers me is that even KNOWING he will struggle against a speed rusher like Barnes, the Ravens DON'T SCHEME TO HELP HIM OUT. And I don't just mean keeping a TE or back in to chip, I mean running traps, draws, bootlegs, etc.

Anybody remember the ol play-action bootleg we've run a few times this year? It netted huge yardage several times against Houston, and it's showed up once or twice in other games. It works well. Because it works well, CAM DOESN'T USE IT WHEN IT'S NEEDED.

If McKinnie can't hold the edge on the left side, then MOVE THE POCKET to minimize the threat from that edge. If you can't get time you need to MAKE time.

NO TEAM IN THE LEAGUE has an elite LT, LG, C, RG, and RT. It just doesn't happen. Expecting the Ravens to get elite performance out of the entire OL just isn't realistic. Until we get coaches who can scheme around our weaknesses, we won't go to the big show.

Not only can Cam Cameron not scheme around weaknesses, he actually seems to scheme to AMPLIFY them.
    That asshole cam don't do much to help out the situation either.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

It's been like that all season.
    4 sacks allowed in four games heading into last night's game hardly constitutes poor pass protection. That's 1/4 of our season where Flacco rarely found the turf.

When speed rushers go after McKinnie why don't they send the backs or TE to chip the pass rusher and get him off his snide so McKinnie can be better ready for it? The Chargers were doing it to Suggs all game and it helped immensely in pass protection.

Blog Entries

Cause cam cameron is a stubborn mule who tries to constantly stick with shit even when its a clear failure..by the way what ever happen to the no huddle shotgun spread that nuetralizes speed rushes???.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    4 sacks allowed in four games heading into last night's game hardly constitutes poor pass protection. That's 1/4 of our season where Flacco rarely found the turf.
    It's not just sacks. Look at how many times Flacco has had to play escape artist and then throw the ball.

The OL has been horrifically inconsistent this entire season.

They need to address the OT situation this off-season and more importantly I think they need to address the OL coach (Moeller) who obviously isn't doing a great job with this group.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zing! View Post
    When speed rushers go after McKinnie why don't they send the backs or TE to chip the pass rusher and get him off his snide so McKinnie can be better ready for it? The Chargers were doing it to Suggs all game and it helped immensely in pass protection.
    Because the Chargers actually have a good blocking TE in McMichael, for one, and two the Chargers also have receivers who can consistently get open.

They were even talking about it last night during the game with how Boldin was really not getting separation at all and they were spying Torrey the whole game.

Does any blind homer here think that maybe its Joe Flaccos terrible pocket presence, I guarantee you our line is better than the Saints but Brees actually has pocket awareness and can get rid of the ball quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by zing! View Post
    ^^^

Blog Entries

Where was lee evans? Where was pitta? Where was the got damn creativity in the game plan? Where was the shotgun spread no huddle? Why don't. He mix it up? Torrey at 1 evans at 2 and boldin in the slot, with dix or pitta flanked out on the other side??? Where was all that? Where was rice up the rightside where our line is the strongest in run???

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Because the Chargers actually have a good blocking TE in McMichael, for one, and two the Chargers also have receivers who can consistently get open.

They were even talking about it last night during the game with how Boldin was really not getting separation at all and they were spying Torrey the whole game.
    The Ravens need a true #1 WR who can separate from man coverage, go up and get the football, and just play physically dominant ball, more than they need a new LT.

I don't know if there was a single time Flacco dropped back last night, found his first read, and it was open. I understand that won't always happen, but it NEVER happens for us.

For whatever reason or combination of reasons, Flacco doesn't seem to get through his progressions quickly. I do see him reading the field and looking for the open receiver, but it's never there.

Other teams seem to get a receiver running away from coverage several times a game. How often did it happen to our defense against their WRs? Every other team isn't just playing THAT great coverage that our guys are never there.

Even if other teams don't have guys running free they have guys they can throw to who will catch the ball even if they're tightly covered. We don't.

If they could just get a young, big-bodied stud at WR, that would change coverage down the field and allow the ball to come out faster without the need for an elite LT.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bengtc View Post
    Does any blind homer here think that maybe its Joe Flaccos terrible pocket presence, I guarantee you our line is better than the Saints but Brees actually has pocket awareness and can get rid of the ball quickly.
    I don't know that I'd say that the Ravens OL is better than the Saints.

It's also two completely different offensive philosophies and furthermore you can't really compare Brees to Flacco. Flacco is a good young QB, but Brees is going to go down in history as one of the greatest QB's of all time.