Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Pakistan Jaguars?

Don't have the link handy, but on the new owner's first official visit to the locker room, Shalid Khan informed the players, coaches and employess that he intended to have at least two gams a year overseas, including possible games in India and PAKISTAN. LMAO!

Way to keep that team in Jacksonville there, sheik...

Wonder if the fans will sing Allah Akbar to the tune of 7 Nation Army? bwwwahahahahah

Re: The Pakistan Jaguars?

Shahid Khan wants the team to expand its fan base, even if it means playing overseas.

Khan, born in Pakistan, visited Jacksonville on Friday for the time since buying the franchise for $760 million.
    Khan said all the right things: He reaffirmed his commitment to keeping the team in Jacksonville; talked about bringing a championship to the city; and even asked employees for input on how to improve the long-term viability of the franchise.

But the most interesting aspect of his introductory news conference was his desire to create an international fan base.
    “The NFL is going to be developing an international fan base. Why shouldn’t it be the Jaguars?” Khan said. “In all honesty, internationally, they don’t know the difference between the Jaguars and the Steelers.”
    Ahem, us international fans are not fools you know, we know the franchises
    Some of us stayed up past three am watching pre-season games so we may be slightly mad though

I’m very open,” he said. “I think it would serve Jacksonville well to play a game or two overseas, to get the name Jacksonville out. If you look at some of the international premier league teams, they have a huge fan following overseas in the Middle East, India, Pakistan, Malaysia, etc.
    This is true, the Premier League soocer teams work very hard at marketing in these areas and make money doing it through merchandising and sponsorship like Emirates Airlines.
    Goodell and his executives will be looking at that too and be only delighting for extra revenue

Anyway, it's a long article, I'm not copying and pasting it all.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...0yO_story.html

Fans don't chant religion at games you know.

Blog Entries
    Tampa is doing something similar. They're basically volunteering for overseas games to gain more marketing dollars.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Raven View Post
    Ahem, us international fans are not fools you know, we know the franchises
    Some of us stayed up past three am watching pre-season games so we may be slightly mad though

This is true, the Premier League soocer teams work very hard at marketing in these areas and make money doing it through merchandising and sponsorship like Emirates Airlines.
    Goodell and his executives will be looking at that too and be only delighting for extra revenue

Anyway, it's a long article, I'm not copying and pasting it all.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...0yO_story.html

Fans don't chant religion at games you know.
    I know you love football in Great Britain... I'm talkign about POCKY-STAHN... Are you telling me marketing the Jaguars in Pakistan is a good move? Please...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    I know you love football in Great Britain... I'm talkign about POCKY-STAHN... Are you telling me marketing the Jaguars in Pakistan is a good move? Please...
    good move for the jags and their owner yes... for nfl players and american based fans... no

6. I think it's smart. Not as smart as just moving to LA, but at least it shows effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    I've never been there, and have met only one Pakistani in my life. But, if Pakistanis are willing to spend $$$ on jerseys, watch NFL games on TV, get on the internet to follow NFL teams actions -- why wouldn't this be a good move?

Khan is likely a lot smarter about marketing than most of us. If he is willing to invest money in international marketing, including Pakistan, there's a reasonable chance that it will pay off.

Not beat :DeadHorse: , but the NFL is on course to double it's $9 million annual revenues over the next 10 years, per its agreement with the NFLPA. That includes the $3 billion increase in domestic TV revenue announced earlier this week, and a 16 game slate for Thursday Night Football. The 18 game season, more London games, and expansion of teams are additional potential sources. I believe the NFL sees sizable revenue potential from international TV, which could include Pakistan, to help achieve its revenue goals.

I don't, however, envision a Super Bowl ever being played is Islamabad.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

So Pakistan (pronounced Pockeys-Ton) is going to get a team before LA does? LMAO!

Wait a minute! I like to travel with the Ravens, but there's no way in hell I'm going to a country that hides America's enemies. Like we wouldn't be major targets all walking down the street in our Ravens jerseys.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRock View Post
    So Pakistan (pronounced Pockeys-Ton)
    It's only pronouced that way if you have a Pakistani accent. Like our president seems to think he has :)

Us Irish-Americans pronounce it pack-ih-stan.

Blog Entries

Although this may be upsetting to the American fan-base, it is the smart financial move and it helps to explain why Mr. Khan did not have significant hurdles to overcome in buying the team.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Not a chance that the Jaguars will play in Pakistan anytime soon. None. Zilch. Nada.

The Pakistan cricket team (cricket is almost like a religion in that part of the world) can't even play at home due to security concerns. They've had one test series (even that was a short one) in the country in five years. That's not including the recent tensions between America and Pakistan.

They now play in UAE most of the time (including England's upcoming visit).

India's a little bit different. A lot of companies and sports are looking at India as it's a huge market and one that football (soccer in your parts) hasn't successfully cracked. Leaves it open for other sports to make a way in, if you can persuade the paying public there to take another sport after cricket and hockey.

Asia's where the smart money is and it makes sense to export your product there. It'd be easier to go to Japan and Korea first though, you'd think (and why not Oz or NZ?)

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    It's only pronouced that way if you have a Pakistani accent. Like our president seems to think he has :)

Us Irish-Americans pronounce it pack-ih-stan.
    Yea, that was sort of my point with the President. :D