Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

can they fine announcers

Gus Johnson is an obvious Cleveland homer. I've never seen anything like it.

Re: can they fine announcers

i cut it off and listen to the ravens radio broadcast

cut the sound off and watch it on tv

That's exactly what I did. Turned on some rock n roll and watched the Ravens win.

Not just a Cleveland homer. I had the game Tivo'd last week and he was the same way towards the Raiders. Every time Andrew Walter completed a pass, deep, short, wherever, it was "ANDREW WALTERRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!"
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

Just makes the win all the sweeter.

I just find it hard to believe that they can't find better guys to be Network announcers. It's a pretty damn good gig, and even though Johnson and Tasker are relegated to CBS low ratings games we should expect better.

Remember when Gus was a sports guy in DC? He was funny to listen to because he tried to speak like such a sports guy. Met him a few years ago shopping for sunglasses when we were in Jacksonville for a game. He's a nice guy.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

We're just going to have to get used to this. The more we're looked at as the big bad favorite against teams like the browns and raiders the more the announcers are going to seem like they're routing for the underdog to pull an upset. Then again that crew just stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenFanatic2k6 View Post
    Not just a Cleveland homer. I had the game Tivo'd last week and he was the same way towards the Raiders. Every time Andrew Walter completed a pass, deep, short, wherever, it was "ANDREW WALTERRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!"
    How can he be a Cle and Oak homer? Get some sense people. He's rooting for a close game and the last 2 weeks we were supposed to dominate so of course he's going to build up the underdog.
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

Whenever I hear a guy as irritating as that, all I have to do to cheer up is think back to Dan Deirdorf, or that semi-literate homeless derelict that used to broadcast the Browns games...Myron something or other.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

The guy is just as enthusiastic about the Ravens. He is over-the-top enthusiastic. But he is fair about it.