Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: OT- Crabcakes in O.C

If you use a butter knife you can't stab yourself. For claws, if a good back-bending and pull of the claw doesn't bring home the meat, or in the case of the claw part closer to the body bending back the joint, then simply place the serrated edge of your butter knife on the portion of the claw, hit it with the palm of your other hand and get a small notch in the area. Then simply bend/break open that section to get to the meat. If you are swinging a mallet you are beating shell pieces into the meat.

I most commonly see the mallet used between a butter knife and a palm, to allow body weight to focus on a single small area.... but again this from non-eater of all things crab...

If the hammer is served as a utilise and if someone feels like whacking at it you really shouldn't have a problem with it. Some of you guys make it sounds like when someone uses a hammer its like they are using a fork to eat consume, in the end you are going to get itty bitty clumps of crab meat either way you do it. I'll tell ya though eating crabs are fun. I will say that much.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    That's too bad. 2 years ago I had four of them airfreighted from Angelina's to a Ravens fan stranded in Texas. He was just an anonymous internet poster who happened to be a graphic designer. At no charge he recreated the font for the famous letters on old Memorial stadium and we used it for our award winning float that year at the Roost convention. He said he missed Baltimore badly and he was stuck in Texas for his work, so i sent him some crabcakes. He and his wife said they loved 'em.
    I remember you telling me when you did that. The letters were spot-on, too. Feel free to airfreight some to me down here in Florida whenever you wish!
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

They may not have the best crabcake in the world but the Harborside Inn located in West Ocean City has the best sandwich I've ever eaten. It is called the Crab Club. It is just like a regular club sandwich, but instead of meat, one half of the sandwich is a crabcake. The other half is a softshell crab, piled on top of each other. Oh my god my mouth is watering now.

And then washing it down with several Orange Crush drinks and call for a cab to take me home.

And then washing it down with several Orange Crush drinks
    Blasphemy! Black Label, Mabel!

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

Crabcake factory. Always our home base when we're in OC. Food is great, they have their own 'Orange Crush', barstaff is good to look at, good selection of beer, Johnny's Dad is a hoot and a good time is always had by all.
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

Man I gotta get to O.C.! I live in Los angeles, and I buy Phillips jumbo lump crabmeat from Costco all the time to make my own crabcakes, because there is just nowhere to go for the real deal. I went to Salisbury University though and grew up goingt o Ocean City- and never recall hearing about the Crabcake factory. Is that a new place? I need to get back- cause I am having a serious hometown crabcake itch right now! The cream of crab soup sounds amazing too!

Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    REX: Here you go man, The CC Factory will ship them to your door and you don't have to make them yourself. You can order on-line or by phone. I've had them and they're great. Click on link.

http://www.crabcakefactoryusa.com/
    Wow- thanks man! My fiancee is salivating. :) I'm jumping on there to order right now! That is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Ah, good. That's what I need the mallet for. The backfin meat I get barehanded & go home with the scratches to prove it.
    Dangerous business, picking crabs. The :toast: doesn't make it any safer, either.
    Although I love crab cakes and crab meat in general this is why I hate picking crabs. Even if you're good at it it takes too long to get sufficient quantities of meat to fill you up. Therefore, I'll let somebody more qualified do it. ;)

You see there are these wonderful, big fat black ladies down Crisfield way that are world champions at picking crabs and i wish to keep them in a job. Every year they have a crab pickin' competition and it is AMAZING how fast and efficient they are. In the interest of supporting our local economy and a truly terrific Maryland tradition, I'll leave the picking to them and buy pre-picked crabmeat.

Butter knife and the old palm of your hand is all you need to clean a crab. You know you are a true Baltimorean crab lover when you are a proud papa cause your 5 yr old can clean a crab...haha

Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    REX: Here you go man, The CC Factory will ship them to your door and you don't have to make them yourself. You can order on-line or by phone. I've had them and they're great. Click on link.

http://www.crabcakefactoryusa.com/

Trap, You Da Man! thanks for the link! I'm going to OC in September but maybe I'll get some now.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello