Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

OT- Crabcakes in O.C

I need a little help. I have not been down the shore since I was about 10 years old, but I'm off to O.C this summer for a few days. I want to take my wife out for a really great crabcake for our anniversary but dont know where. Even though its an anniversary, the atmosphere is not as important as the quality of the crabcake. In fact, lowkey would be better because our evening will be mini golf and then dinner.
    As a point of reference, we consider koco's on harford road the best crabcake we've found in Baltimore.
    Any suggestions for O.C?
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

Re: OT- Crabcakes in O.C

Crabcake Factory of course!
    http://www.crabcakefactoryusa.com/

Lots of really good restaurants here and most all have good crabcakes. If I were to recommend one I'd say the Captain's Galley in West OC--you really can't go wrong there. Family atmosphere; reminds me of the old Middleborough Inn, if you remember that place.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

Crabcake Factory is supposed to be really good.

And as for best in Baltimore - you have to go to G&M in Linthicum.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr OC View Post
    Lots of really good restaurants here and most all have good crabcakes. If I were to recommend one I'd say the Captain's Galley in West OC--you really can't go wrong there. Family atmosphere; reminds me of the old Middleborough Inn, if you remember that place.
    Yes, I'd say Captain's Galley has the best crabcakes in OC. All lump, no filler.

sheesh, I miss them! :(
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Crab Cake Factory.

I went there 3 times during my stay this summer, I missed Johnny every time but met his Dad. Happy hour shrimp for $3.99 or close to that

Any place that puts a crab cake on a hamburger bun is good for me. Little fish sauce and a steak fries and I'm good to go. There is a great place in Bethany I go to that rocks but your asking about OC.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

I beg to differ. The best in Baltimore is at a biker bar called Brewster's in Glen Burnie. They blow G&M out of the water.

Angelina's on Harford Road in Parkville/Hamilton had damn good crabcakes, but I believe they've changed ownership and they aren't as good anymore.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I beg to differ. The best in Baltimore is at a biker bar called Brewster's in Glen Burnie. They blow G&M out of the water.
    I have had the Brewster's crab cake a number of times, though it has been a while. It was very, very good, but I was drinking a lot of Killian's most times so hard to say.

I like G & M's a lot as well, though now that SRF has mentioned Brewster's I am recalling a lot of delicious crab cakes there.

Wink Re: OT- Crabcakes in O.C

Quote Originally Posted by Hooper View Post
    Crab Cake Factory.

I went there 3 times during my stay this summer, I missed Johnny every time but met his Dad.

And not just because he is 24x7 sponsor and drives a busload of Ravens fans from Ocean City into Lot J each game, tailgating nearby us.

Crabcake Factory USA has the best crabcake I've tasted in Ocean City, and it certainly could compete with G&M. Although not as big as G&M's, the Crabcake Factory's crabcake is more thoroughly cooked and better seasoned -- the way that traditional Eastern Shore crabcakes are done.

In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Of course I'm gonna throw the Blue Ox Steakhouse hat into the ring. 127th St.

Get either the "Best of the Beach" Cream of Crab soup or the jumbo lump crab dip to start. Then a steak and cake for dinner.

By the way, what's up with a crabcake sandwich? We don't want filler in our crabcake, so why put the crabcake in between two pieces of filler. My wife only wants the best crabcakes and then puts it in a roll. I don't get it.

Anyway, no better complement to a crabcake than a nice steak. A petite filet is all you need, but the bone-in ribeye is unbelievable.

A little bit of bernaise sauce on the side and put the crabcake on the steak, top with a touch of bernaise and you've got the best crabcake dinner there is.