Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Bears Sam Hurd arrested for drug trafficking

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    UP TO 40 years.

He isn't getting anything remotely close to that being a first timer.
    Probably not, but the feds don't play....even on a first offense

Quote Originally Posted by bud2 View Post
    Probably not, but the feds don't play....even on a first offense
    Bingo.

This is not state court, where drug dealers with clean records can expect probation.

I have no idea what the federal guidelines are, but with this volume of drugs the low end will not be very low. The hammer has dropped on Mr. Hurd.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

The stupidity of professional athletes never ceases to amaze me. Hurd makes more money playing football in one year than most people will make in their lifetimes. Yet, somehow it isn't enough. Somehow, being gifted with athletic talent, enough to warrant millions of dollars in salary, is worth jeopardizing over even more money. It's obvious that many of these athletes (and celebrities) don't live in the same world as everyone reading this board.

Hey, I've made plenty of mistakes in my lifetime, and blown some decent opportunities to improve my lot in life, but nothing on the level of this fool. Not only will he get at least 10 years in prison, but his NFL career is certainly over. And once he does his time in prison, he may be relegated to living the life for which he will soon be punished - drug dealer. If he's too stupid to realize how much he gave up to satisfy his greed, I doubt any time in prison will change his mindset.

"Never under estimate the predictability of stupidity" - Bullet Tooth Tony
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

There are more charges coming, namely conspiracy charges. The list of players, texts, conversations, etc all lead up to that charge down the road.

If I'm reading the federal complaint correctly, he has only been charged for buying the one kilo from the undercover agent.

Lock him up and throw away the key.

He probably just misunderstood when the Bears asked him to be a 'possession' reciever...

I'll get my coat

Blog Entries

This is a crazy story. Sounds like Hurd is a real scumbag. Many of his teammates are very upset by this. No one had any idea.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthCorvax View Post
    Detective McNulty would be disappointed? Avon Barksdale would be even more disappointed. Hurd didn't put any middle men in there at all. No Stringer, no Slim Charles, no D'Angelo, nothing.

What happened to owning car dealerships or sandwich chains?
    That kind of play wouldn't have happened in Marlo's crew, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    There are more charges coming, namely conspiracy charges. The list of players, texts, conversations, etc all lead up to that charge down the road.

If I'm reading the federal complaint correctly, he has only been charged for buying the one kilo from the undercover agent.
    Yeah, the undercover gave him a "sample" of 1 kilo when they met and they pulled him over after he left that meeting.

That is why this is going to be on the very low end of the scale, he might have been trying to buy a lot more but he never got to that point. At least not that they know of.

A lot of the case is based on the conspiracy angle which while not good, is nowhere near as bad as getting caught with a huge amount of drugs in your possession. On a broader scale 1 kilo is nothing, but enough to get you about 5 years at the least.

Hurd was also talking himself up(as are the police in every article,like they always do), he was nowhere remotely close to being one of the largest drug dealers in Chicago with the amounts he was talking about. The real kingpins would laugh at those amounts. He may have aspired to be one of those guys but he wasn't anywhere close.

Found this web site that calculate the sentecing guidelines for someone convicted of a federal crime:

http://www.sentencing.us/

So, assuming he does get charged with conspiracy on the cocaine, he can look at another 121-151 months in jail and a $17,500 to $175,000.

On the half ton of pot, he could get an extra 6-7 yrs and a fine between $12,500 to $125,000.

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    Yeah, the undercover gave him a "sample" of 1 kilo when they met and they pulled him over after he left that meeting.

That is why this is going to be on the very low end of the scale, he might have been trying to buy a lot more but he never got to that point. At least not that they know of.

A lot of the case is based on the conspiracy angle which while not good, is nowhere near as bad as getting caught with a huge amount of drugs in your possession. On a broader scale 1 kilo is nothing, but enough to get you about 5 years at the least.

Hurd was also talking himself up(as are the police in every article,like they always do), he was nowhere remotely close to being one of the largest drug dealers in Chicago with the amounts he was talking about. The real kingpins would laugh at those amounts. He may have aspired to be one of those guys but he wasn't anywhere close.
    you sound like your know what your talking about....... haha OJ lol