Thread: Sprint Coverage

Sprint Coverage

Let me start off by saying I'm challenged mentally when talking about cell phones, phone technology, etc.
    So here's the deal...

My daughter wants a new cell phone for christmas.
    We use Wal Marts Straight Talk because it's $45 a month unlimited everything, and neither myself or the wife need a regular plan.

The Straight Talk conforms nicely to what the kid likes to do and has never had a coverage problem regarding reception, data (text, etc.) on the phone she currently has.
    The current phone uses either Veizon or A.T. & T. towers.

The more advanced phones from Straight Talk (LG Optimus Q & Samsung Precedent) are part of the Droid line and use Sprint towers.

Anybody have any experience in this area with Sprint coverage?

We live in northern Carroll county and I don't want to kick out the bucks for the phone if it isn't going to work due to lack of cell phone towers from Sprint.

Read alot of coverage reviews on the internet but those are from all over the country with varied opinions.
    Obviously, I'm more concerned about our immediate area here where it will primarily be getting used.

So anybody have Sprint coverage?
    Any opinions on this?
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Re: Sprint Coverage

So So, and not equivalent to Verizon's in the least.
    It's pretty bad in the valley between Owings Mills reisterstown and hunt valley, and in many other low lying areas such as basements.
    My wifes I[hone has compounded the problem, so I'm not sure if it's a smart phone thing or what, but I'm not giving a glowing review.

Not terrible either, certainly a step above what some services have offerrred in the past(Nextel, tmobile's early days).

Thanks Jonboy.

Regarding the valley in Owings Mills...

I've found just about everybody regardless of what they're useing seems to lse coverage there.

Anybody else?
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

I never lost service with verizon there.
    Verizon is absolutely the gold standard of service in the greater Baltimore area in my opinion.

5. Re: Sprint Coverage

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    So So, and not equivalent to Verizon's in the least.
    It's pretty bad in the valley between Owings Mills reisterstown and hunt valley, and in many other low lying areas such as basements.
    My wifes I[hone has compounded the problem, so I'm not sure if it's a smart phone thing or what, but I'm not giving a glowing review.

Not terrible either, certainly a step above what some services have offerrred in the past(Nextel, tmobile's early days).
    I actually love Sprint.:ww: