Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 67
  1. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Posts
    2,691

    Re: Ravens 4th Most Likely Team to Get Peyton if Indy Chooses Luck



    No.1 - We wouldnt have the cap for Peyton Manning
    No.2 - You will only get 3/4 Years out of Manning, Whereas Joe will prob be here for 10 or more season if we sign him.
    No.3 - Joe has room to grow, Manning is at his peak
    No.4 - If manning got hit as much as oe he would not see out the year, granted manning may avoid hits more, but he doesnt play in the afcn.. joe is more durable
    No.5 - i dont think colts would trade him to a contender in the AFC, If we got manning, for the next 2 seasons, we would win the superbowl, no doubt in my mind (drop of after that due to mannings age). Why would the colts risk that.
    No. 6 - If they trade manning (ie keep him after March i think) they get hit with a $20mil dollar guarenteed price tag. If you sitting with $20mil against your cap, you may aswell keep him around




  2. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern PA
    Posts
    4,968
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Ravens 4th Most Likely Team to Get Peyton if Indy Chooses Luck

    Peyton Manning will end up in DC looooong before he'd end up in Baltimore. Danny Snyder would be all over that!




  3. #39

    Re: Ravens 4th Most Likely Team to Get Peyton if Indy Chooses Luck

    [


    OP please find something else to think about. Next you will be quoting glen be k

    QUOTE=arnie_uk;372998]No.1 - We wouldnt have the cap for Peyton Manning
    No.2 - You will only get 3/4 Years out of Manning, Whereas Joe will prob be here for 10 or more season if we sign him.
    No.3 - Joe has room to grow, Manning is at his peak
    No.4 - If manning got hit as much as oe he would not see out the year, granted manning may avoid hits more, but he doesnt play in the afcn.. joe is more durable
    No.5 - i dont think colts would trade him to a contender in the AFC, If we got manning, for the next 2 seasons, we would win the superbowl, no doubt in my mind (drop of after that due to mannings age). Why would the colts risk that.
    No. 6 - If they trade manning (ie keep him after March i think) they get hit with a $20mil dollar guarenteed price tag. If you sitting with $20mil against your cap, you may aswell keep him around[/QUOTE]




  4. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Posts
    2,691

    Re: Ravens 4th Most Likely Team to Get Peyton if Indy Chooses Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by duffybr View Post
    [


    OP please find something else to think about. Next you will be quoting glen be k

    QUOTE=arnie_uk;372998]No.1 - We wouldnt have the cap for Peyton Manning
    No.2 - You will only get 3/4 Years out of Manning, Whereas Joe will prob be here for 10 or more season if we sign him.
    No.3 - Joe has room to grow, Manning is at his peak
    No.4 - If manning got hit as much as oe he would not see out the year, granted manning may avoid hits more, but he doesnt play in the afcn.. joe is more durable
    No.5 - i dont think colts would trade him to a contender in the AFC, If we got manning, for the next 2 seasons, we would win the superbowl, no doubt in my mind (drop of after that due to mannings age). Why would the colts risk that.
    No. 6 - If they trade manning (ie keep him after March i think) they get hit with a $20mil dollar guarenteed price tag. If you sitting with $20mil against your cap, you may aswell keep him around
    [/QUOTE]What???




  5. #41

    Re: Ravens 4th Most Likely Team to Get Peyton if Indy Chooses Luck

    i would take a healthy manning for 3-4 more seasons over flacco at his current level of play for another 10 years




  6. #42

    Re: Ravens 4th Most Likely Team to Get Peyton if Indy Chooses Luck

    Personally - I think Peyton's neck/nerve injury is career ending and we have seen him take his last snap.




  7. #43

    Re: Ravens 4th Most Likely Team to Get Peyton if Indy Chooses Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Personally - I think Peyton's neck/nerve injury is career ending and we have seen him take his last snap.
    I am inclined to agree with this.

    I don't know if even being paid millions to something I love could convince me to do something that, one false move, and I'm in a wheelchair forever. You don't mess around with neck injuries.




  8. Re: Ravens 4th Most Likely Team to Get Peyton if Indy Chooses Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt CouchPotato View Post
    i would take a healthy manning for 3-4 more seasons over flacco at his current level of play for another 10 years
    And then what would you do after that?

    You want a 36 year old man with neck problems who has a losing record in the playoffs over a guy who is only 26.

    Yeah, that sound like a great idea for the future and looking for another quarterback for multiple years.




  9. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calvert County
    Posts
    2,266
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ravens 4th Most Likely Team to Get Peyton if Indy Chooses Luck

    I could see the possibility of Manning in Baltimore if two things happen:

    1) Flacco bombs in the playoffs again.

    2) Manning is RELEASED by the Colts, thus making him available to any team at their price, not the enormous contract he is under now.

    Those two things could both happen, but even then, I'd still say it's an extreme longshot. I definitely think the team is content with Flacco as the QB here and probably not interested in other players there, and rightfully so. Dude is a fine player. SF is probably where he ends up...




  10. #46

    Re: Ravens 4th Most Likely Team to Get Peyton if Indy Chooses Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by EternalRavensDefense View Post
    And then what would you do after that?

    You want a 36 year old man with neck problems who has a losing record in the playoffs over a guy who is only 26.

    Yeah, that sound like a great idea for the future and looking for another quarterback for multiple years.
    You polish a couple more Lombardis while finding another QB. That would be the thinking.

    Neck problems notwithstanding, it is a bit crazy to imply Flacco is a better QB than Manning (currently), though some people appear to do just that.

    That said, I put the chances of Manning wearing a Ravens uniform at less than or equal to 0%.




  11. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fredneck, MD
    Posts
    348

    Re: Ravens 4th Most Likely Team to Get Peyton if Indy Chooses Luck

    God I wish we had drafted Tebow!!!!


    Manning will be in Dallas




  12. #48

    Re: Ravens 4th Most Likely Team to Get Peyton if Indy Chooses Luck

    I'm satisfied with Flacco. Four straight playoff apperances speaks alone.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland