Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Possible Destinations for Mannings...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Does anyone think that the Colts would follow up and 0-16 season by starting an untested rookie QB?

No way... Manning will get his roster bonus and will be the starting QB there for another 3-4 years.
    I agree 100%. It does not matter how good of a prospect Luck is, you keep Manning until Luck is ready to lead you to post season success or trade him for a kings ransom.

Indy went from a perenial 11 win team to 0-16 with one injury. If this year proved anything it was that Manning was under rated, and they need a quality back up behind him.

:T2:

Blog Entries

If Manning isn't w/Indy next year (assuming he plays) he will be with the J-E-T-S

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    If Manning isn't w/Indy next year (assuming he plays) he will be with the J-E-T-S
    I was thinking this or M-I-A-M-I.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Manning isn't going anywhere, the colts have more issues than manning alone, tthe hing is though he could get cut by the colts before april I believe and they will save a ton of money if not he will be paid a whole lot after then. As tempting as it would be manning if healthy is one the best in the biz hands down but Joe is the future and I'm telling you I see that manning type in him, he just needs an OC who will let him play to his strengths.. Why would the colts draft an unproven comodity and cut what they already know and have?

Since this has drifted from a ravens discussion to one of the many "where-will-Manning-go-?" discussions, follow the bouncing ball to the non-Ravens football forum.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    The Page 2 writers at ESPN all act like they are on drugs half the time..

Easterbrook who writes TMQB goes from really good statistical anaylsis of a Sunday game and a paragraph later he's talking about global warming and space travel..
    My experience reading Easterbrook is that he goes from really good statistical analysis to some really bad statistical analysis one paragraph later. For a smart man, he confuses correlation and causation an awful lot, and I mean in the parts where he's being mostly serious.

Re: Peyton Manning 2012 prediction - and ESPN speculation re Ravens (merged threads)

no way the ex-Baltimore team drafts and trades Luck. if Peyton doesn't want to play nice they'll trade him for picks (which they desperately need)

previous thread I predicted him going to D.C.

"looks more and more like the ex-Baltimore team will tank and get the first overall draft pick, aka Luck.
    word is they can't afford to sign luck and keep Peyton. so what happens to #18?
    doubt if he'd retire (unless that neck is REALLY hurt).
    so who'd pay the $ for him? hmm. who needs a qb, thinks they can win quick, and isn't afraid to $pend?
    don't have to look far do we? Snyder/Shanahan in DC.
    they want to win now, they spend, and they desperately need a qb."
    Last edited by sailorsam; 12-15-2011 at 02:38 PM. Reason: add insightful quote
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Re: Peyton Manning 2012 prediction - and ESPN speculation re Ravens (merged threads)

Peyton stays.

Blog Entries

I can almost guarantee you that Peyton would not be nearly as successful in the AFC North, as he was in the AFC South, where he got to play a minimum of nine games per year, in a dome.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Ravens 4th Most Likely Team to Get Peyton if Indy Chooses Luck

In this Grantland piece, Bill Barnwell breaks down the top teams he thinks the Colts will send Peyton Manning to if (probably when) they draft Andrew Luck, the best QB prospect of his generation.

Barnwell eliminates the Colts trading to teams in the AFC South, for obvious reasons. He eliminates them trading Manning to a team with a "franchise QB" already, e.g., Steelers, Chargers, Patriots, Falcons, etc. He eliminates them trading him somewhere Manning (or any super-talented guy) wouldn't want to play, e.g., Bills, Browns, etc. He eliminates them trading to a team in the process of evaluating a possible franchise guy, e.g., Buccaneers, Bengals, Panthers, etc. He eliminates them going to the Broncos because of Tim Tebow. (:grbac:)

In his mind, that leaves the Niners, Cowboys, Jets, Ravens, Dolphins, Seahawks, Redskins and Chiefs as the most likely destinations for Manning, in that order. His logic is that Flacco is "an average starting quarterback by just about every definition of the word" and that "the Joe Flacco experience ... is not working."

Now, I'm not a homer. And I don't want this to turn into another "I'm sick of the national media giving Flacco undue crap" threads. I admit, Flacco is maddeningly inconsistent. I also understand that, for whatever reason, whenever the Ravens get primetime games--even if we win--for some reason the offense hasn't shown up in recent years, which colors national perceptions.

But we need to get one thing straight: all Flacco does is win. His winning percentage across four seasons is 68.9. Who is above him? Brady, Roethlisberger and Matt Ryan (by one game). That is it. Who is he above? Brees, Rodgers, Rivers, Romo, Palmer... and Manning.

Now, that is a small sample size. I know. We're not even done with this season and Flacco might have ten more seasons in him, in which time he will go through some valleys that will lower his percentage. But look at this list of the winningest QBs in history. Flacco at this point is behind five people. He is currently SIXTH ALL-TIME. Let's assume the Ravens lock him up long term, which gives him a great defense, Ray Rice, and an awesome GM and owner for most if not his whole career. It's not crazy to imagine Joe Flacco ends up among the Top 10 winningest QBs ever.

If Manning went on the market, what do you think are the odds we go after him? I say almost nil. We are invested in Flacco and he has provided lots of return on that investment. Would Manning be an upgrade over him? Of course. It's Peyton Manning. But some of the logic in pieces like this just riles me.

Sorry for the long post, guys...

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens 4th Most Likely Team to Get Peyton if Indy Chooses Luck

I thought we'd already established that Barnwell is an overrated imbecile. (Another example.) Why waste time with his drivel?

12. I think Manning is getting too much credit here. This year's Colts team wouldn't be winless with him, sure, but it would have something like 3-7 wins.