Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: Peyton Manning 2012 prediction - and ESPN speculation re Ravens (merged threads)

Keep in mind, Manning struggled in the playoffs until the '06 season. Of course, he played horrible in Baltimore that year but our coaches failed us in that game.

Re: Peyton Manning 2012 prediction - and ESPN speculation re Ravens (merged threads)

Colts trade out of 1st pick for 2 1's and a 2

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens 4th Most Likely Team to Get Peyton if Indy Chooses Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Manning has a much better postseason QB rating (88.4) than Flacco (61.6). I am pretty sure he also has a better postseason QB rating than Brady (85.7), if you can believe it. Elway has a career postseason rating of 79, Aikman 88.3, Montana 95, for reference.

One can debate that a neck-injured old Manning would not give a team a better chance to win any random playoff game than a young improving Flacco, but let's stop with the insinuation that the established record/stats indicate this is likely, let alone given.
    I am talking about Manning's first three-four years, compared to Joe's.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bud2 View Post
    Keep in mind, Manning struggled in the playoffs until the '06 season. Of course, he played horrible in Baltimore that year but our coaches failed us in that game.
    Thank you, he didn't even score a TD in that game, threw a bunch of picks against KC and outlasted Brady by virtue of less dropped passes. I will give him credit for the Super Bowl victory though. Yet, if Joe played the same way that Peyton did that year, and up to that year, and came out with a Super Bowl ring, it would somehow not be viewed the same way. Sad.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Wow, sorry I read this post. To believe anyone would trade for Manning is unbelieveable, his one Superbowl win is all he can claim in all the years he has played. He has choked more then Flacco in the post season and Flacco is only in his fourth year.Flacco will win a SB , maybe this year, and if he doesn't, he will rank as one of the top QBs in the NFL.. I'm thinking Jim Kelly, who did not win a SB, but went to the SB a lot. The SB is awesome, but not the goal I want right away. Good footbal,. is all I want from the Ravens for now. The BR , brady, brees, and rodgers have to be included in post season because of how they play and the success the team they are on has had this year. Brady will not go far in the playoffs.

Re: Ravens 4th Most Likely Team to Get Peyton if Indy Chooses Luck

Quote Originally Posted by The Eternal Ring View Post
    I am talking about Manning's first three-four years, compared to Joe's.
    Oh, I was talking about the decision being debated here between getting Manning now for a few years because it might improve our SB chances.

Not that it is even a possibility, there is no way it would be done because it is too risky even if it could be supported with some reasonable arguments. It is not unlike many 4th down decisions to go for TD vs kick FG. Even if the math supports or can justify going for it, coaches' risk avoidance is such (too large in terms of the numbers) that they go the conservative route more often than not.

Like I said, there is a 0% chance we wouldmake this move and that includes the situation where Flacco 'bombs' in the playoffs and Manning's contract is not binding.

Jets or Cowboys.
    ---

Baltimore Colts (AAFC): 1947-1950
    Baltimore Colts (NFL): 1953-1984
    Baltimore Stars (USFL): 1985
    Baltimore Colts/Stallions (CFL): 1994-1995
    Baltimore Ravens (NFL): 1996-Present