Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: 49ers Vs Steelers

This is a close one, but the Steelers WRs need to come up with a huge play. I could see them breaking a big play or two to win it...As long as ben doesn't throw up too many lame ducks.

It looks like Ben will try to play, but either way I think the Steelers will lean on the run game more heavily than usual. The 49ers generally lean on the run anyway.

Steelers Rush Off. - 4.2 YPC (15th)
    49ers Rush Def. - 3.2 (1st)

49ers Rush Off. - 4.2 (18th)
    Steelers Rush Def. - 4.0 (8th)

Advantage defense. I think it will be a tight low scoring game that ultimately comes down to a few big plays. Those could be turnovers, defensive mistakes that lead to long plays, or big special teams plays. Anyway you slice it the Steelers have a knack for winning these types of games, but since that the 49ers are 10-3 and only 25th in the NFL in offensive yds/game I'm guessing they have a knack for that as well.

This is a tough game to call. I'll be Tebowing all night asking for a 49ers win. :)
    Last edited by Kyle Cactus; 12-19-2011 at 11:10 AM. Reason: readability

The Steelers line is banged up without Pouncey in there. Legursky is a decent center, but that leaves a hole at LG. Kemoeatu was awful last game, racking up 3 penalties in less than 3 quarters, so Essex will likely fill in at LG this time.

At LB, they should be ok if Woodley is healthy. Worilds has played very well filling in for Harrison and then Woodley and seems to get better every week.

I really don't know about SF. The Steelers were having trouble stopping the run earlier in the year but have improved lately. If SF can't run, I don't see them winning this game. They're not going to be able to win through the air.

It should be a close one.

SF's WRs are lousy. So the steelers should shut them down.
    It will be interesting to see how they try to attack the steelers.
    Pitt's gotta watch out for Vernon Davis down the seam. He could make some big plays if he can get between those LBs and Ss.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    The 49ers lost to Arizona. I don't see SF/PIT playing out much different from SF/BAL.

12 - 10 Steelers.
    I agree. Same plan. Take away gore, and get to smith. Harrison's out, but so is the niners starting LT....so that's a wash, and Worilds is a decent pass rusher in his own right. And they have Woodley back. Overall the steelers should be able to take advantage of a bad 49ers line.

Where San Fran can make a big difference is special teams. Ted Ginn scares the hell out of me. And if Bens careless with the ball, some sack/strips are possible. But if Ben gets any time back there at all, I don't think San Fran has the horses in the secondary to contain Wallace, Brown, Cotchery, etc.

All in all, a defensive battle like we saw on thanksgiving. Steelers 16-9

Blog Entries

I just hope it's a good close game to watch. If SF gets too aggressive on the pass rush, it could burn them quickly and they could be looking at a two score deficit. They're not built for that.

Maybe they'll wear all black ;)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I wonder if Pittsburgh's strategy with Ben is to play him tonight to gain the edge in the AFCN and if they win then to sit him for the last two games and their bye week? If he tweeks that ankle badly tonight, I would think it could be a 4-6 week problem for him which takes him into the playoffs. Seems like a big gamble on their part.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    I wonder if Pittsburgh's strategy with Ben is to play him tonight to gain the edge in the AFCN and if they win then to sit him for the last two games and their bye week? If he tweeks that ankle badly tonight, I would think it could be a 4-6 week problem for him which takes him into the playoffs. Seems like a big gamble on their part.
    I will be SHOCKED if he plays tonight.

I've went back and forth on this game. Between having Pouncey and Harrison out, Ben hurt, and Woodley's hamstring a ??? it could be a blowout, either way.

I think it will be low scoring game. Hoping the Steelers pull out a win, but am not feeling good about it.

Steelers - 16

49ers - 10

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I think he starts, but not sure how long he'll stay in. In a perfect world, they'll be up by 14+ points at halftime and can sit the second half. Most likely they'll see how he looks/feels in the first few drives and go from there. All I know is the oline better earn their paychecks tonight and keep him upright. And he'd better throw it away, instead of trying to run around and extend plays.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    prepare to be shocked as Gruden slobbers all over how tough he is. You might even get the pleasure of the body outline where they point to all of the previous injuries with an arrow.
    Attached Images Attached Images

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

He a grade ONE ankle sprain my 7 year old niece could recover from that in 11 days.

He will be playing, limping back and forth to the huddle like the "tough guy" he is only to have perfect footwork in and out of the pocket when he needs to throw. Much ado about nothing from the drama queen.

Oh BTW - Patrick Willis is out.

This will be over by halftime.