Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Tebow Thread (Merged)

Per PFT, Tebow is the #4 QB in Pro Bowl voting...

Tim Tebow

I know Joe is having a down year, but really? Tim "Run the ball 20 times and throw 15" Tebow might be a PRO BOWL QB???

I am going to vomit.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Re: Things Wrong With The World: Tim Tebow on verge of Pro Bowl

Given that the top QBs usually come up with a phantom injury to opt out of the PB, he may make it. Not sure how many people watch this game anymore

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Don't they both have about a 50 percent completion percentage? Neither should make it. Well maybe Tebow should make it as a fullback. Which is what he is really playing.

Blog Entries

I really think that Joe Flacco should make it. The only quarterbacks that are playing better than him, in my opinion, are Brady and Roethlisberger (Whom he has already defeated twice). Fitzpatrick has fallen off, Rivers can't stop throwing interceptions and Schaub is injured.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Don't they both have about a 50 percent completion percentage? Neither should make it. Well maybe Tebow should make it as a fullback. Which is what he is really playing.
    most folks focus on the wins, not stats

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

IMO the best QBs in the AFC are Brady, Ben, Flacco, Dalton and then Tebow. One of these QBs will be in the Super Bowl and not play the Pro Bowl. So the fullback who takes snaps at QB might sneak into the Pro Bowl.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

I could live with Dalton making the PB...Tebow is just nuts.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Name recognition and public voting, I suppose I shouldn't be suprised
    On that note, I read the biggest selling jersey on the offical NFL.com shop last year was Tebow, the guy can sure sell merchandise

The pro-bowl wasn't always public voting
    I wonder if it would be better if the fans were taken out of it.
    That would help small market teams also

Once the coaches vote is weighed in he has no chance.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by The Eternal Ring View Post
    I really think that Joe Flacco should make it. The only quarterbacks that are playing better than him, in my opinion, are Brady and Roethlisberger (Whom he has already defeated twice). Fitzpatrick has fallen off, Rivers can't stop throwing interceptions and Schaub is injured.
    It'll be interesting to see who gets that third AFC QB spot. Usually Ben has no shot at a PB, because Brady and Manning own the top two spots as long as they're playing, and the third usually goes to somebody with flashy numbers like Rivers or Schaub.

Flacco might get that third spot just because he's not terrible. Looking at the rest of the AFC QBs (Matt Moore, Tebow, Sanchez, Rivers, Gabbert, Cassel, Leinart, Painter, McCoy) - pretty embarrassing.

Of course, just because Brady, Ben, and Flacco probably get the top 3 spots, doesn't mean all or any of them will actually play in the game. In that regard, Tebow has a great chance to actually be on the field in Hawaii, even if he doesn't finish top 3 in votes.

Not trying to stir the pot here....but haven't we overlooked a somewhat pedestrian season from Flacco and justified it by using the whole "wins are all that matters" ideology? Why doesn't Tebow get the same treatment? I think it's ridiculous to think of him as a Pro Bowler, but right now in the AFC, who is providing more value to their team than Tebow? He's taken a talent-void Broncos team from nothing to a out-of-nowhere playoff contender...

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Not trying to stir the pot here....but haven't we overlooked a somewhat pedestrian season from Flacco and justified it by using the whole "wins are all that matters" ideology? Why doesn't Tebow get the same treatment? I think it's ridiculous to think of him as a Pro Bowler, but right now in the AFC, who is providing more value to their team than Tebow? He's taken a talent-void Broncos team from nothing to a out-of-nowhere playoff contender...
    Excellent point.

I want to see Tebow get in. I have no opinion either way on the guy, but the level of hate he gets is mind boggling. So on that level, I hope he gets in just to spite those irrational people out there who hate on him 24/7.