1. Make Derrick Mason a Raven Again.

I created a social media petition to urge the Baltimore Ravens Organization to bring back Derrick Mason--our own Jerry Rice.
    His presence will bring both talent and experience to the Raven offense from a dependable veteran who will eventually be a part of the Ravens "Ring of Honor."

And who do you take off the field to give him time? Torrey Smith?? Q??

No thanks. Mason was a great Raven. But his time is done,

I understand the sentiment, and if we needed help in the receiving game, then I'd be on board.

But, there just isn't a place for him anymore. He'd be 4th on the depth and we don't go 4 wide enough to justify the roster spot or the contract.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.826614,-117.205274

4. Re: Make Derrick Mason a Raven Again.

I hear ya guys and quite frankly I like our receivers and we have a very competent receiving corps that has only gotten better.

I would just like to see him part of the team because I believe that we have a very special team this year and that greater things are happening to the Ravens this season and that Mason has made significant contributions to the team over the years.

Here's an analogy--the Steelers keep Hines Ward (I don't particularly care for him) not because he produces anymore but because he is an integral part of a mechanism that defines that team.

I believe that Mason helps define the Ravens offense. He's a great player--still the Ravens Receiving Leader (all-time): Derrick Mason - 5,777 yards.

He adds more character to our offense.

Blog Entries

Re: Make Derrick Mason a Raven Again.

Quote Originally Posted by HAROLDSCH1127 View Post
    I would just like to see him part of the team because I believe that we have a very special team this year and that greater things are happening to the Ravens this season and that Mason has made significant contributions to the team over the years.

I agree that we have a special team this year and have the potential to win a super bowl. But I also believe part of the reason our team is so together this season is because Mason isnt a part of the team. Mason did produce when he was here but he also did a lot of complaining and yelling at Flacco. I respect and appreciate what Mason did while he was here but I don't want him back and I don't think he makes the ROH.