Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Glenn Beck speaks the unmentionable

Not that Beck is relevant nor the much the Tea Party these days but what a shocking admission to the guy who once said Obama doesn't like white people:

BECK: And I issued a challenge to Tea Party members. … [Gingrich] is a progressive. … If you have a big government progressive, or a big government progressive in Obama, one in Newt Gingrich, one in Obama, ask yourself this, Tea Party: is it about Obama’s race? Because that’s what it appears to be to me. If you’re against him but you’re for this guy, it must be about race.

Newt is leading the polls as a "conservative" who believes in global warming, individual mandate, govt. backed mortgages.

Kind of does speak to race doesn't it?

Blog Entries

Re: Glenn Beck speaks the unmentionable

That's not an admission.

It's a guy trying to say Newt is a progressive (liberal) Republican.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Not that Beck is relevant nor the much the Tea Party these days
    I stopped reading there. By all means Galen, please keep thinking that.

Blog Entries

LOL STING. Good one.

I already stated I ain't voting. I just ain't.

Newt stole money from the Fannies and Freddies too, not nearly as much as
    Frankie and Doddie but enough he can't use it vs them cause he stole some
    too.

Screw em all.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    That's not an admission.

It's a guy trying to say Newt is a progressive (liberal) Republican.
    He is not trying to say Newt is a progressive...he is saying he is a progressive. He is then saying Newt is no different than Obama and if you hate Obama and love Newt, it must be about race. Plain and simple.

The fact that a guy like Glenn Beck (who served as the conduit between corporate America and the average low information voter in America to astroturf the Tea Party) is using Tea Party and racist in the same sentence speaks volumes. Deny it all you want but it speaks loud and clear if you have a gram of objectivity.

He is not trying to say Newt is a progressive...he is saying he is a progressive. He is then saying Newt is no different than Obama and if you hate Obama and love Newt, it must be about race. Plain and simple.

The fact that a guy like Glenn Beck (who served as the conduit between corporate America and the average low information voter in America to astroturf the Tea Party) is using Tea Party and racist in the same sentence speaks volumes. Deny it all you want but it speaks loud and clear if you have a gram of objectivity.
    I've got little doubt that race plays a part in the choices made by some Tea Party members. (Of course, I also have little doubt that race played a large role in the voting choice of many black Americans during the last Presidential election.) However, I think that party affiliation plays a much larger role in these days of purely partisan politics. Sadly, those elected because of their Tea Party affiliation and promises of change have failed as badly as those they replaced to get things done primarily because they refuse to work with a Democratic President and their Democratic colleagues across the aisle.

And do not get me wrong, this is not an ant-Tea Party or anti-GOP rant, this partisan attitude clearly works both ways; I simply used the Tea Party as an example.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JStruds View Post
    I've got little doubt that race plays a part in the choices made by some Tea Party members. (Of course, I also have little doubt that race played a large role in the voting choice of many black Americans during the last Presidential election.) However, I think that party affiliation plays a much larger role in these days of purely partisan politics. Sadly, those elected because of their Tea Party affiliation and promises of change have failed as badly as those they replaced to get things done primarily because they refuse to work with a Democratic President and their Democratic colleagues across the aisle.

And do not get me wrong, this is not an ant-Tea Party or anti-GOP rant, this partisan attitude clearly works both ways; I simply used the Tea Party as an example.
    Exactly. But don't let truth get in the way of what you want to believe Galen.

Funny how a guy like Beck will always be wrong until he says one thing that you can use to say people who disagree with you are racist.

Thanks for admitting Obama is a liberal, though. Which someone as smart as you are, should see that conservatives don't like his policies or objective. Race has nothing to do with it.

Let me ask you this. Obama and Newt are both progressives (according to you and Beck) Do you not like Newt because he's white?

Funny how a guy like Beck will always be wrong until he says one thing that you can use to say people who disagree with you are racist.
    My thoughts exactly.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

[QUOTE]
    Funny how when one points out the racist components of the Tea Party and the GOP, they are considered partisan hacks yet when they quote someone who was once the Tea Party's loudest shill strongly suggesting the Tea Party ultimately held racist components, you are still in denial.

Whatever works for you.

Thanks for admitting Obama is a liberal, though. Which someone as smart as you are, should see that conservatives don't like his policies or objective. Race has nothing to do with it.
    You think me admitting Obama is a liberal is earth shattering?

Just pointing out what Beck said. Your issue should be with Beck not me. I am already on the record saying the Tea Party had racist elements. When Beck says it, you should maybe pay attention instead of doubling down on the denial so reflexively.

Let me ask you this. Obama and Newt are both progressives (according to you and Beck) Do you not like Newt because he's white?
    I never said Gingrich was progressive. Again, this thread is about what Beck said not me. Did you take your adderal today?

I don't like Gingrich because he has zero character and I think the President of our country should minimally have character. Gingrich is rude, irreverent and is lying daily to try to get elected.

Quote Originally Posted by JStruds View Post

Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

You think me admitting Obama is a liberal is earth shattering?
    No it's not, but what you fail to see (deliberately I might add) is if he's a liberal..wait for it... then THAT IS WHY WE DISAGREE WITH HIM

I never said Gingrich was progressive. Again, this thread is about what Beck said not me. Did you take your adderal today?
    You never said that, but in order for Beck to be right, and for you to think he's right, you'd have to agree that Gingrich is a liberal or the logic fails...

I don't like Gingrich because he has zero character and I think the President of our country should minimally have character. Gingrich is rude, irreverent and is lying daily to try to get elected.
    So, since all those things apply to Obama......

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Not that Beck is relevant nor the much the Tea Party these days but what a shocking admission to the guy who once said Obama doesn't like white people:

BECK: And I issued a challenge to Tea Party members. … [Gingrich] is a progressive. … If you have a big government progressive, or a big government progressive in Obama, one in Newt Gingrich, one in Obama, ask yourself this, Tea Party: is it about Obama’s race? Because that’s what it appears to be to me. If you’re against him but you’re for this guy, it must be about race.

Newt is leading the polls as a "conservative" who believes in global warming, individual mandate, govt. backed mortgages.

Kind of does speak to race doesn't it?
    Beck is wrong here. Gingrich, while a big government type, is not NEARLY as much as Obama and is more of a free market guy. While he isn't as conservative as I am he is closer to me than Obama. If given a choice between only those two I would go with Gingrich and race has nothing to do with it. I would vote for JC Watts or Thomas Sowell before either of them.