Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Todd Haley gone - next up?

Raheem Morris has to be done. They've been destroyed multiple times this year, Freeman has regressed and Morris has flew off the handle multiple times this year.

Blog Entries

Josh McDaniels is my guess as new KC coach; Pioli loves him

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Yeah, I don't really see the point in firing either. Haley for him dealing with injuries and Sparano because you know the interim isn't going to replace him.

What was the deal? On one hand, if the Chiefs are thinking Crennel (cue much laughter from Factory of Sadness), I can see some sense in giving him a probation period to see what he does, but with those injuries, what can he do?

Everyone knew they were going at the end of the season anyway (only 3 games away) and you still have to pay them. Don't understand.

Out of the rest, I think Morris in TB's gone - they've fallen on their faces spectacularly. Caldwell may not as you never know with the Colts (they'd be better served with a full house clear-out. Polian's done little in years). Turner's 95% gone (only if they won the division in a turnaround a la 08).

Agree on Spagnuolo being on thin ice.

The rest is unsure. Gailey'll be given another year. Reid is tricky. Shanahan may be given one more year, depending how Snyder feels. Others in bad seasons, like Frazier in Minnesota, should be okay. Carroll's probably done just enough.

Quite a few new coaches coming (inc Jaguars' new coach).
    Last edited by Tyrian; 12-13-2011 at 07:54 AM.

Reid has at least one more year. Trust me.

Gailey is definitely going to be given another year along with Garret.

Morris might be fired. Norv will be fired. Spags might be fired, although I can't see why.

Blog Entries

I really didn't think that Haley would be let go because it makes Pioli look bad for hiring him in the first place. Sounds like their relationship was so bad that Pioli couldn't take it anymore. Haley is a pretty good coach but he's such a dick that it makes it hard to want him on your team.

Blog Entries

I think that Morris gets another opportunity. Last year, they had their first winning season in a long time, but struggled against teams with winning records. We could have suspected that they would struggle this year, with a more difficult schedule. Morris will get his opportunity to right the ship.

As for Todd Haley, there is something that is not right with that guy.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Haley is not a disciplinarian but rather a brow beater. When you have a HC or any manager that tries to fear and intimidate all the time, the message gets real old real fast. I think he need to go to the college level where he can put that kind of fear into kids instead of grown men. I've never seen a coach get into it with so many players. If he stays in the league as an OC, I guarantee someone is going to knock him out. He's one of those people that thinks he's a tough guy and he's really not because he's probably never been in a fight in his life.

The only reason Morris may stay on is that he makes relatively no money for the cash strapped Glazer family. He's lost his team (how do you go up by 14 to the Jags and then give up 41 points to a team that hadn't scored more than 21 all year?). He's very cocky and not even tempered. I think though he stays because of his light contract and that this team is young. The only way he gets let go is if a coach like Cowher or Fisher say they want the job but its going to cost a lot to get either.

The guy that should go the minute the season is over is Jim Caldwell. It's been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he does nothing. What's his calling card? Have the Colts made any adjustments in an effort to win all year? At some point in any walk of life you have to make a decision that if I am going to go down then its going to be by my hand. Where's the ball control offense (I know they have a poor line but any olineman would prefer to run block versus pass any day) to control the clock and keep that small d off the field? Where's the adjustments in the return game to give that ball control offense better field position? These are things that Caldwell didn't or more importantly couldn't do because he was clearly a figure head and nothing more. I lost all respect for him when he called timeouts in an attempt to score a meaningless TD. If I were Harbs, I would've blitzed Orvlosky until he tapped out. That's just bush on Caldwell's part.

It's a shame that he ever got that job because it's beyond obvious that he was simply going to watch Manning run the team and never thought about what would happen if he truly had the keys to the car.

Blog Entries

I really like Raheem Morris. Yes he's having a difficult season but expectations were very high given his overachieving results the past couple of years. That isn't a roster full of talent. Like every team this season they've had a crazy amount of injuries but have little depth to fall back on. He's earned a bad season. You don't want to be a team that is rebuilding every 4th year.

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    Spags might be fired, although I can't see why.
    I think he's safe.
    If he does get fired he'll be snapped up as DC somewhere
    I like Spagnuolo, hope he gets more time

I agree with others, Jim Caldwell has done nothing to show he deserves his position.
    Broncos were struggling too but John Fox made some decisions and adjustments and turned it around.
    Caldwell seems to be passive and letting the season drift past him.

GOTA -

I think Raheem has lost his team. Its one thing to lose to the Jags (we out to know) but to get annihilated is another thing altogether. This is the same team that went to GB and gave them all they could handle yet they go to Jacksonville and don't compete. That's a tell tale sign that he's lost his team and because the team is so young, they won't be jettisoning these guys.

I think he's a lot like Mike Singletary in that he means well but his message gets lost in translation. The difference is that Singletary was rigid and inflexible 100% of the time while Morris is Coughlin one minute and then Pete Carroll the next.

Which one does he want to be?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    GOTA -

I think Raheem has lost his team. Its one thing to lose to the Jags (we out to know) but to get annihilated is another thing altogether. This is the same team that went to GB and gave them all they could handle yet they go to Jacksonville and don't compete. That's a tell tale sign that he's lost his team and because the team is so young, they won't be jettisoning these guys.

I think he's a lot like Mike Singletary in that he means well but his message gets lost in translation. The difference is that Singletary was rigid and inflexible 100% of the time while Morris is Coughlin one minute and then Pete Carroll the next.

Which one does he want to be?
    Raheem is 35 years old. He's still a work in progress. He was handed a gutted team. They wouldn't even let him keep Derrick Brooks who was as important to that franchise as Ray Lewis is to ours. The Bucs are a very young team which means the lack of a full offseason probably hurt them more than other teams.

I know there is dissent and criticism but it's not like they are going to go out and hire the big name coach. They're going to look for another rookie head coach or someone off the scrap heap willing to coach for the cheapest contract in the NFL. Is that really a much better option than giving Raheem 1 more season to show that last year was not a fluke? If he can't do it next year then I would get rid of him. He'll have had a full training camp and offseason program at that point to right the ship. Just hoping to get lucky with the next unknown coach doesn't sound like a great plan to me.

Blog Entries

Raheem Morris, maybe.

Chan Gailey? No way. This Bills team is better than they've been in years. They lost A LOT of people on both sides of the ball.

Andy Reid should be fired. He's been there too long and hasn't really been consistent in a few years.

Spags? Probably fired. I'd be surprised if he wasnt.
    Caldwell? Probably fired. They'll be looking to make a splash. I've heard they're really interested in Jeff Fisher and Bill Cowher.
    Sparano? Probably fired.
    Ken Whisenhunt is another one I'm surprised hasn't been on the hot seat.
    Norv Turner? Definitely gone after this season.
    Tom Coughlin? Could be fired if the Giants don't make any noise in the playoffs.
    Jason Garrett? Could be fired.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.