Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    2,308

    Re: Todd Haley gone - next up?



    Reid has at least one more year. Trust me.

    Gailey is definitely going to be given another year along with Garret.

    Morris might be fired. Norv will be fired. Spags might be fired, although I can't see why.




  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,065
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Todd Haley gone - next up?

    I really didn't think that Haley would be let go because it makes Pioli look bad for hiring him in the first place. Sounds like their relationship was so bad that Pioli couldn't take it anymore. Haley is a pretty good coach but he's such a dick that it makes it hard to want him on your team.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,375
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Todd Haley gone - next up?

    I think that Morris gets another opportunity. Last year, they had their first winning season in a long time, but struggled against teams with winning records. We could have suspected that they would struggle this year, with a more difficult schedule. Morris will get his opportunity to right the ship.

    As for Todd Haley, there is something that is not right with that guy.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  4. #19

    Re: Todd Haley gone - next up?

    Haley is not a disciplinarian but rather a brow beater. When you have a HC or any manager that tries to fear and intimidate all the time, the message gets real old real fast. I think he need to go to the college level where he can put that kind of fear into kids instead of grown men. I've never seen a coach get into it with so many players. If he stays in the league as an OC, I guarantee someone is going to knock him out. He's one of those people that thinks he's a tough guy and he's really not because he's probably never been in a fight in his life.

    The only reason Morris may stay on is that he makes relatively no money for the cash strapped Glazer family. He's lost his team (how do you go up by 14 to the Jags and then give up 41 points to a team that hadn't scored more than 21 all year?). He's very cocky and not even tempered. I think though he stays because of his light contract and that this team is young. The only way he gets let go is if a coach like Cowher or Fisher say they want the job but its going to cost a lot to get either.

    The guy that should go the minute the season is over is Jim Caldwell. It's been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he does nothing. What's his calling card? Have the Colts made any adjustments in an effort to win all year? At some point in any walk of life you have to make a decision that if I am going to go down then its going to be by my hand. Where's the ball control offense (I know they have a poor line but any olineman would prefer to run block versus pass any day) to control the clock and keep that small d off the field? Where's the adjustments in the return game to give that ball control offense better field position? These are things that Caldwell didn't or more importantly couldn't do because he was clearly a figure head and nothing more. I lost all respect for him when he called timeouts in an attempt to score a meaningless TD. If I were Harbs, I would've blitzed Orvlosky until he tapped out. That's just bush on Caldwell's part.

    It's a shame that he ever got that job because it's beyond obvious that he was simply going to watch Manning run the team and never thought about what would happen if he truly had the keys to the car.




  5. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,065
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Todd Haley gone - next up?

    I really like Raheem Morris. Yes he's having a difficult season but expectations were very high given his overachieving results the past couple of years. That isn't a roster full of talent. Like every team this season they've had a crazy amount of injuries but have little depth to fall back on. He's earned a bad season. You don't want to be a team that is rebuilding every 4th year.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,063
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Todd Haley gone - next up?

    Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    Spags might be fired, although I can't see why.
    I think he's safe.
    If he does get fired he'll be snapped up as DC somewhere
    I like Spagnuolo, hope he gets more time

    I agree with others, Jim Caldwell has done nothing to show he deserves his position.
    Broncos were struggling too but John Fox made some decisions and adjustments and turned it around.
    Caldwell seems to be passive and letting the season drift past him.




  7. #22

    Re: Todd Haley gone - next up?

    GOTA -

    I think Raheem has lost his team. Its one thing to lose to the Jags (we out to know) but to get annihilated is another thing altogether. This is the same team that went to GB and gave them all they could handle yet they go to Jacksonville and don't compete. That's a tell tale sign that he's lost his team and because the team is so young, they won't be jettisoning these guys.

    I think he's a lot like Mike Singletary in that he means well but his message gets lost in translation. The difference is that Singletary was rigid and inflexible 100% of the time while Morris is Coughlin one minute and then Pete Carroll the next.

    Which one does he want to be?




  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,065
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Todd Haley gone - next up?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    GOTA -

    I think Raheem has lost his team. Its one thing to lose to the Jags (we out to know) but to get annihilated is another thing altogether. This is the same team that went to GB and gave them all they could handle yet they go to Jacksonville and don't compete. That's a tell tale sign that he's lost his team and because the team is so young, they won't be jettisoning these guys.

    I think he's a lot like Mike Singletary in that he means well but his message gets lost in translation. The difference is that Singletary was rigid and inflexible 100% of the time while Morris is Coughlin one minute and then Pete Carroll the next.

    Which one does he want to be?
    Raheem is 35 years old. He's still a work in progress. He was handed a gutted team. They wouldn't even let him keep Derrick Brooks who was as important to that franchise as Ray Lewis is to ours. The Bucs are a very young team which means the lack of a full offseason probably hurt them more than other teams.

    I know there is dissent and criticism but it's not like they are going to go out and hire the big name coach. They're going to look for another rookie head coach or someone off the scrap heap willing to coach for the cheapest contract in the NFL. Is that really a much better option than giving Raheem 1 more season to show that last year was not a fluke? If he can't do it next year then I would get rid of him. He'll have had a full training camp and offseason program at that point to right the ship. Just hoping to get lucky with the next unknown coach doesn't sound like a great plan to me.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  9. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,935
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Todd Haley gone - next up?

    Raheem Morris, maybe.

    Chan Gailey? No way. This Bills team is better than they've been in years. They lost A LOT of people on both sides of the ball.

    Andy Reid should be fired. He's been there too long and hasn't really been consistent in a few years.

    Spags? Probably fired. I'd be surprised if he wasnt.
    Caldwell? Probably fired. They'll be looking to make a splash. I've heard they're really interested in Jeff Fisher and Bill Cowher.
    Sparano? Probably fired.
    Ken Whisenhunt is another one I'm surprised hasn't been on the hot seat.
    Norv Turner? Definitely gone after this season.
    Tom Coughlin? Could be fired if the Giants don't make any noise in the playoffs.
    Jason Garrett? Could be fired.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  10. #25

    Re: Todd Haley gone - next up?

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Raheem is 35 years old. He's still a work in progress. He was handed a gutted team. They wouldn't even let him keep Derrick Brooks who was as important to that franchise as Ray Lewis is to ours. The Bucs are a very young team which means the lack of a full offseason probably hurt them more than other teams.

    I know there is dissent and criticism but it's not like they are going to go out and hire the big name coach. They're going to look for another rookie head coach or someone off the scrap heap willing to coach for the cheapest contract in the NFL. Is that really a much better option than giving Raheem 1 more season to show that last year was not a fluke? If he can't do it next year then I would get rid of him. He'll have had a full training camp and offseason program at that point to right the ship. Just hoping to get lucky with the next unknown coach doesn't sound like a great plan to me.
    I agree that he'll get another year but I personally think he's a fraud. Time will tell.




  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,375
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Todd Haley gone - next up?

    The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have had issues showing up on the road. I do not mean being competitive. I mean showing up. This is common for young football teams who lack the proper veteran leadership. I agree with GOTA that Morris should be given, at least, one season to fix the issues.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,065
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Todd Haley gone - next up?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    I agree that he'll get another year but I personally think he's a fraud. Time will tell.
    It's interesting how we perceive coaches on teams we have no rooting interest in. I like Raheem Morris. He has that same maverick way about him that Rex Ryan seems to have. Same with Jim Schwartz who also has some work to do in the discipline department.

    Jason Garrett and Jim Caldwell, who I know you don't like either, I would consider to be frauds. I see no innovation and nothing that stands out from a million other boring coaches who all seem to have read the same book on how to do the job.

    Growing up I was a huge Bill Parcells fan. To me every coach should either model themselves on Parcells, Gibbs or Walsh. Those 3 guys who all competed against each other set the standard in what now has to be the golden age of coaching. Now days they all seem to want to be Mike Shanahan or Mike Holmgren.

    Rex, Morris and Schwartz aren't there yet but I think all 3 are on the right track towards some real innovative and different ways to win. You're right though that time will tell.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,065
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Todd Haley gone - next up?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    I agree that he'll get another year but I personally think he's a fraud. Time will tell.
    It's been several weeks and time seems to be telling us that you are more right about this than I am. Raheem's defense is non-existent and the bitching by the players doesn't ever seem to stop. I like Raheem but the results just aren't there. Whatever he's doing isn't working. It's too bad because the Bucs are in danger of turning into the Browns with constant change and just throwing darts in hope that one will stick. Glad that's not my team.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,952
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Todd Haley gone - next up?

    For the Bucs it's not just losing all of those consecutive games; they weren't even competitive. That's when you hear the inevitable "he's lost the team".
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  15. #30

    Re: Todd Haley gone - next up?

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It's been several weeks and time seems to be telling us that you are more right about this than I am. Raheem's defense is non-existent and the bitching by the players doesn't ever seem to stop. I like Raheem but the results just aren't there. Whatever he's doing isn't working. It's too bad because the Bucs are in danger of turning into the Browns with constant change and just throwing darts in hope that one will stick. Glad that's not my team.
    The reason that I called him a fraud is that he's gone from being the players buddy to being like Randy 'Rangoon' Edsall and back. No one is going to respect you if you aren't consistent.

    He's mentor by all reports is Mike Tomlin but while Mike is respectful of his players, it is clear that he is the coach and they are the players. In addition much like Josh McDaniels, he's just too immature to handle such a high pressure position long term.

    He should though get another chance but he needs a few vets and some experienced coaches to support him better.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland