Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

YO GREG- Is Tebowing an attack on Christianity

Click on link then scroll down to pick of Lion (I think Suh) Tebowing
    Tebow. He is mocking him after a big hit and sack that almost knocked
    him out. Ok, at the very least it is taunting and there is a big penalty for
    it. Refs were right there but didn't call it so were they guilty of Tebowing?

I ask Greg because he is the only other Christian here that I know of. We may differ
    doctrinally and on the phony TV evangelists but we're both Christians.

Tebowing is taking the country by storm complete with it's own website and
    twitter or is it tweeter account.

Christianity is under attack not only here (read PERSECUTION by David Limbaugh)
    but throughout the world as it has often been. Christ told the disciples this would
    happen and said blessed are those who are persecuted for my name's sake. He said
    that in Mathew 24.

Granted, Tebow takes it to an extreme. Matt Stover is a great Christian who
    always pointed to God to thank him after a FG. My nephews know him and his
    kids from a Christian camp in Kingsville. They all grew up together but Matt's
    gestures were more discrete. Same with players that take a knee in the end
    zone after scoring a TD to thank God.

Tebow does seem to overdue it like on natl TV after a game and players want
    to jump on him to celebrate after a big win and he just kept saying than you God,
    thank you God. Well, that's what he's suppose to do but sometimes you
    can over due it.

We're supposed to make public confessions of our faith but there are times when it
    is show boating. Tebow could have pointed to the sky like Stover and
    others but seemed to over due it. He's definitely charasmatic with his body
    language, that's for sure not that there is anything wrong with that.

Another thing for sure, show boating or not, God is rewarding Tebow for what
    he is doing with all these wins and taking them to first and even pro bowl talk.
    He doesn't care what anyone thinks and takes the heat. he
    has guts.

The Bible says that there are 5 crowns Christians can obtain in heaven and the
    Crown of Life is one of them. That is the crown of persecution. That is the crown all the martrys
    wear but you don't have to die to be eligible. In fact
    I qualify for it because I've been persecuted in person on over on scout and
    here but that's a different story.

As I always say, God will probably take it away from me in my second judgement when I am
    judged for all the sinful things I do. I'll probably never see Greg and Tebow up
    there because they will be so high up and I'll be one of the ones there by the skin of my teeth
    but at least I'll be there.

I just hope Greg tosses me a hot dog from the wedding feast if he sees me cleaning the streets
    of gold-lol.

But Tebow won't have such worries. He's honoring God in the greatest
    way, show boating or not and even if he brings attacks to Christianity.

And Tebowing is nothing compared to the 80M Chinese Christians being persecuted via torture,
    imprisonment and death every day. Same in middle east where 12,000 Christians
    disappeared off the face of the earth in one day.

And one other thing. I've never worn another team's colors but I am seriously thinking
    about getting a Tebow jersey that says JESUS on the back. Even that is controversial and even
    amongst Christians. Some think it's blasphemy while some think it's praising God. Im
    in the later camp but I saw a guy on TV get pushed around in Denver's stadium wearing
    one so I'd like one too.

http://hotair.com/
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 12-08-2011 at 12:20 AM.

Re: YO GREG- Is Tebowing an attack on Christianity

I couldn't be happier for Tim Tebow. After watching the Jets game I realized the favor he has in his corner. I was
    a bit skeptical about his outspoken Christianity initially, because to often people like that get exposed as phony, but Tim is a different story.

God loves to use the underdog to make himself known(Abraham, David, Paul to name a few). God will make the impossible possible to prove the knowledge of the world secondary to his word.

1 Corinthians 1:27-29 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. God has chosen what is low and despised in the world, things that are not to reduce to nothing the things that are, so that no person might boast before God.

Psalms 138:8 The LORD will perfect that which concerns me: your mercy, O LORD, endures forever: forsake not the works of your own hands.

James 1:12 Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.
    Last edited by Sirdowski; 12-08-2011 at 11:23 AM.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Let's hope if there is a god he is working harder at feeding the hungry and healing the sick than turning around the fate of a 1-5 NFL football team.

Blog Entries

Well Galen - Another attempt to hi-jack a thread. This is about Tebowing, but if you're that

concerned why don't you contribute to this Christian
    organization run by Billy's son - Franklin Graham who was almost killed in a cross
    fire between the military and revolutionists while delivering food and medical
    supplies to villagers in Uganda and that was over 20 years ago. You can read about
    it in his book REBEL WITH A CAUSE.

Samaritan's Purse has been doing this since you were in diapers and other Christian
    organizations have done a better job of delivering food to the world than gov't
    agencies and especially the UN.

My church has owned an orphanage in Kenya for over 20 years that we completely
    finance. Many graduates have gone back into their villages and become local and state
    officials and educators. Pres Bush heard about it and invited our pastor and wife to the white house
    for dinner and he briefed the entire cabinet on its operation the next day.

Bush then donated millions of dollars of mosquito nets to Africans after that info was given which
    saved thousands of lives from malaria.

http://www.samaritanspurse.org/index.php/OCC/

Last edited by AirFlacco; 12-08-2011 at 02:30 AM.

Blog Entries

Sirdowski:

Great post man. Another Christian added to the fray. Glad to know ya.

Oh yea, and thanks for James 1:12. I had forgotten it.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 12-08-2011 at 04:47 AM.

Blog Entries

Photo of W saving thousands of lives as a moral duty.

BTW, it would have been nice if DEMs Barney Frank and Chris Dodd had given away
    all those millions they stole from the Fanny Maes and Freddie Macks to children around
    the world. They might have saved a few lives.

http://www.pmi.gov/news/enews/march08.html
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 12-08-2011 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Well Galen - Another attempt to hi-jack a thread. This is about Tebowing, but if you're that

concerned why don't you contribute to this Christian
    organization run by Billy's son - Franklin Graham who was almost killed in a cross
    fire between the military and revolutionists while delivering food and medical
    supplies to villagers in Uganda and that was over 20 years ago. You can read about
    it in his book REBEL WITH A CAUSE.

Samaritan's Purse has been doing this since you were in diapers and other Christian
    organizations have done a better job of delivering food to the world than gov't
    agencies and especially the UN.

My church has owned an orphanage in Kenya for over 20 years that we completely
    finance. Many graduates have gone back into their villages and become local and state
    officials and educators. Pres Bush heard about it and invited our pastor and wife to the white house
    for dinner and he briefed the entire cabinet on its operation the next day.

Bush then donated millions of dollars of mosquito nets to Africans after that info was given which
    saved thousands of lives from malaria.

http://www.samaritanspurse.org/index.php/OCC/

I have been to Africa many times. In fact I spent many summers there in my youth to visit with my mom who worked in Ethiopia for about 10 years. I appreciate greatly all relief work provided to the people of Africa. Unfortunately most relief work is in the form of mission work or as we always called it selling your soul for food.

Its a great thing your church sponsors an orphange. Whenever I travel to Africa - mostly Ethiopia to see old friends - the plane is always packed with the missionaries going over. I always find these conversations interesting to the degree that these individuals, who really have their hearts in the right place and do make a difference, have very little awareness of the ethnocentricty of their practices. I don't frown upon the help they provide but would like to see it done without the need to "tame the native" as they so often see it.

If you want to see orthodox Christianity, you should visit a local Ethiopian Church. Most people think Ethiopians are muslim or naturalists but Christianity found its roots in Ethiopia and it is truly celebrated. Missionaries go over there to spread their form of evangelical christianity and Ethiopians often frown at what they are selling.

I promise you there are no Ethiopian orthodox christians inspired to quote biblical verse when they think of Tebow.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    I have been to Africa many times. In fact I spent many summers there in my youth to visit with my mom who worked in Ethiopia for about 10 years. I appreciate greatly all relief work provided to the people of Africa. Unfortunately most relief work is in the form of mission work or as we always called it selling your soul for food.

Its a great thing your church sponsors an orphange. Whenever I travel to Africa - mostly Ethiopia to see old friends - the plane is always packed with the missionaries going over. I always find these conversations interesting to the degree that these individuals, who really have their hearts in the right place and do make a difference, have very little awareness of the ethnocentricty of their practices. I don't frown upon the help they provide but would like to see it done without the need to "tame the native" as they so often see it.

If you want to see orthodox Christianity, you should visit a local Ethiopian Church. Most people think Ethiopians are muslim or naturalists but Christianity found its roots in Ethiopia and it is truly celebrated. Missionaries go over there to spread their form of evangelical christianity and Ethiopians often frown at what they are selling.

I promise you there are no Ethiopian orthodox christians inspired to quote biblical verse when they think of Tebow.
    Off topic a bit, but isn't Ethiopia where the arc of the covenant is believe to be held?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Off topic a bit, but isn't Ethiopia where the arc of the covenant is believe to be held?
    Yeah...in Axum. It is held on the grounds of a church in a separate building. You can walk up to the building where an armed guard will meet you. Males can walk in with him while females are not allowed close. You can walk up towards the building but can't go in. It is actually sorta funny in that it wouldn't be hard for a couple guys to strong-arm their way into where it supposedly is but it just wouldn't happen that way in Ethiopia. If the Arc was supposedly in the U.S., we would have guards surrounding it with bullet-proof, bomb proof enclosures around it. It would be impenetrable. In Ethiopia there is one guy with a gun that probably isn't loaded and a door to a building with one priest inside.

Blog Entries

Yea, that's my understanding but Sirdowski knows more about that than me,
    so maybe he can confirm it but King Solomon has a connection there with
    Queen Sheba who brought him much gold from the gold mines down
    there. God made Solomon the richest man on earth and Kings came to his
    court from all over the known world.

Now, many Ethiopians are returning to Israel as the forgotten Jews because they
    claim that lineage thru Solomon and the Queen when they consumated their
    relationship and that return is another Bible prophesy that
    has come true. I have to look it up more for the exact verse and where the
    Arc is located but that's my understanding.

And thanks Galen. I'd like to visit that local Ethiopian Church. I'll look up its
    location. I did visit a Russian orthodox church in Bmore and a couple of
    Jewish synigoues-sp. Great point.

I even tried to visit a Mormon temple just to see what was going on but
    they don't let you thru the visitor's
    area unless you have a photo ID as a member.

Here's the story of Solomon and Sheba.

http://www.mytripblog.org/pg/blog/et...projectsabroad
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 12-08-2011 at 08:07 PM.

Blog Entries

Here's a lot of places about the Arc possibly being in Ethiopia. Just click on link and
    take your pick.

But that is what some think. Jews in Jerusalem think the arc got buried under the 2d temple
    when it was destroyed by the Romans in 74 AD. That is believed to be under the current
    Temple Mount where the Al Alqua Mosque is, the one with the golden roof you always see
    when you see pics of the city. Muslims have been furiously digging for years to find it first
    to destroy it. They dig up many Jewish artifacts, put them in a truck and take them to the
    dump but these Jewish rabbis follow the trucks and go thru the rubbage.

They recently found Solomon's Seal in that rubbage. The Muslims didn't even know what
    they had and threw it away. That seems to prove it's the right place for the old temple
    where the Arc might be.

Go to www.templemount.org for more info if interested.

Or it might be in Ethiopia. Ezekial 38 describes a 3rd temple that will be built and where
    Christ will rule from during his millennial reign for a thousand years after the
    tribulation.

http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 12-08-2011 at 08:18 PM.

Blog Entries

OH GALEN - Ethiopian Christians never heard of Tebow but will when they
    get to heaven and God does care about rewarding someone like Tebow who has
    stood the test in his profession which is football.

God protected me in my profession for years and when forces were against me.
    My pastor even agreed that I was under Satanic attack in that office at one point
    but I with stood the test.

So it doesn't matter what your profession is. God will re-ward you.

That is the point.