Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Wife "Fired" because of Steeler Fan. WOW!

I have a buddy in Georgia and his wife just got fired fired because of a complaint from a Steelers fan. Are you F"ing kidding me.

Let me try to explain.

Girl working in Georgia at a car dealership as a cashier (previously worked as the phone operator, with all good customer feedback).

At work with a Ravens Sweater on. +1
    Steeler Fan walks up to her with a Steeler jacket on and starts running his suck (older man) about how the Ravens got lucky by winning 2 games and that the Steelers would beat them in the playoffs in a couple of weeks and blah blah blah. Girl replys "ok we will see about that" Conversation ended.

The next day she gets fired with the reason being a customer complained about a SPORTS remark that was made. Her manager said she wasn't exactly sure, but it came from higher.

So this low life old Shittburgh band wagoneer (from Georgia) is friends with the owner and complained to the owner and she was fired, right before the Holliday.

Sorry for ranting on, but this has me bothered. How can you fire an employee over a sports remark that was just a simple reply to a ingnorant old man that can't handle that his team got wiped up and down the Bank and then let Flacco drive 92 yards for the expo mark in the Ketchup bottle.

She left with her just held high and Ravens pride flowing.

Re: Wife "Fired" because of Steeler Fan. WOW!

I remember a similar story we had on the board

A car salesman who worked in Chicago was wearing a Packers tie to work. Management weren't impressed and let him go.

I was asking about legislation and protection was told something about "at will" which I'll read up on again

Here's the link
    http://www.ravens24x7.com/forum/show...ght=employment

Tbh, anyone in a customer facing role and working out of town should not be wearing sports wear in work. Nothing good comes from it. At best you get friendly jibes and debate, at worst you get arguments and flaming

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Raven View Post

Tbh, anyone in a customer facing role and working out of town should not be wearing sports wear in work. Nothing good comes from it. At best you get friendly jibes and debate, at worst you get arguments and flaming
    Stop talking nonsense! People who work in public should be allowed to wear any crappy looking clothes they want to work, and should be allowed to be mean to people based on which geographical sports team they root for!

Wearing sports gear to work doesn't exactly scream "professional enviroment".
    Last edited by rla20cpa; 12-10-2011 at 01:11 AM.

5. Re: Wife "Fired" because of Steeler Fan. WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Raven View Post
    I remember a similar story we had on the board

A car salesman who worked in Chicago was wearing a Packers tie to work. Management weren't impressed and let him go.
    Well that guy was wearing a Packers tie in Chicago. And they didn't fire him just for wearing it; they fired him because he refused to take it off. If you're not in an area that heavily favors your most hated rival, I think you get a pass, but that guy was just being stupid and got his 15 minutes of fame out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by rla20cpa View Post
    Wearing spots gear to work doesn't exactly scream "professional enviroment".
    It really depends on the work and the sports gear. I have a really nice Ravens tie that's totally appropriate for pretty much any business environment and I have plenty of Ravens polos that are great for more casual offices or retail type jobs. And I have plenty of jerseys and tshirts that I wear to work because I spend all my time working behind the scenes so no one cares what I look like.

That said, as both a former team leader and current midlevel professional my policy is to check with the boss and when in doubt, skip any clothing that expresses an opinion that could be controversial.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369056,-76.761207
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Some stores do a thing where cashiers wear football jerseys on Sundays during the season.

Blog Entries
    I asked permission to wear my Ravens tie at work. Always a good idea If you meet with clients or customers. It's work. There is a company image that needs to be maintained.

http://www.steelernation.com/forums/...-a-Raven-Board

look where your post traveled to.....

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Blog Entries

Steeler Nation might be the funniest sports forum I've ever read. I've become a frequent reader.

I've never seen more whining projection than I see there. They obsess over the Ravens and Ravens fans even as they bleat Ravens fans obsess over the Steelers.

Blog Entries

It is a privilege to wear sports gear to work. Let us keep that in mind. Do I think that the woman should have been fired for the comment? No, I do not. Would I allow one of my employees to wear Steelers gear? No, I would not.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

If you were a rabid Broncos fan here in Baltimore, would you go to management to complain if some pencil pusher - not a salesman, but a pencil pusher - at a Route 40 car dealership was wearing Raiders gear?

I didn't think so.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.