Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Re: James Harrison

Schefter just said there will be a decision by Friday, and it is looking like he will get suspended for 1 game. (I will believe it when I see it due to the uniform he wears)

That will cost him more than all his other fines put together.

If they dont make a decision until Friday, does this mean he can appeal and still play in the 49ers game? They'll probably rig it so he will have to sit the Rams game out. Big Whup.

Quote Originally Posted by hokiefan View Post
    If they dont make a decision until Friday, does this mean he can appeal and still play in the 49ers game? They'll probably rig it so he will have to sit the Rams game out. Big Whup.
    Nope, he said Harrison would miss the 49ers game. (which is why I will believe a suspension is coming when I see it)

They would have an expedited appeal and get it done before Monday.

Blog Entries

suspension / fine decisions come out on Tuesday. We should know today

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

5. Smile Re: James Harrison

adam schefter just tweeted harrison has been suspended one game.

Awesome!

Blog Entries
    He is going to appeal and depending on how the steelers deal with it they could work it to where he will play on Monday !

Quote Originally Posted by Everything_Ravens View Post
    He is going to appeal and depending on how the steelers deal with it they could work it to where he will play on Monday !
    The Suh appeal was decided two days after the suspension was handed down. I would bet that the appeals process for this suspension is also sped up and a final decision is reached by week's end, and the one game WILL be upheld. The appeals process tends to go very quickly when the commish is trying to send a message.
    What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    To my knowledge they have never suspended a player due to an in game hit. He didn't throw a punch, kick, or taunt. I don't think the league will cross that line but if they do... Here we go
    The guy that hit Boldin helmet to helmet and broke his jaw was suspended 1 game.

I think Harrison should've gotten 2 games. But I'll take one. How does this affect the 49er game?
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mindless lemming View Post
    The Suh appeal was decided two days after the suspension was handed down. I would bet that the appeals process for this suspension is also sped up and a final decision is reached by week's end, and the one game WILL be upheld. The appeals process tends to go very quickly when the commish is trying to send a message.
    Good point!! I hope so!

Blog Entries

This is too funny. I can't believe these idiots don't see Harrison leads with his helmet on the majority of his hits.

Whats worse is they are saying I hope he takes out knees instead etc.

http://www.steelernation.com/forums/...arrison/page12

Quote Originally Posted by Steelgal View Post
    I'm thinking he gets suspended. Stupid play by him and he has a history of it.
    Way to "gal up" Steelgal, You called it - one game based on being a repeat offender. He'll appeal, but if the Commissioner's Office wants to retain any credibility on player safety, they'll hold the line.

I hope they do - for obvious competitive reasons (I hope he sits vs. SF - y'all are getting mighty thin @ LB) and because that type of deliberate danger is not good for the game. Harrison is a baller and is playing while hurting, and I get that guys like him, Ray Lewis, and many others are being asked to change how they've played the game for years, which is hard. But Harrison is not even trying to adjust and being too vocal about it. Sit he will.

Quote Originally Posted by ashley923
    adam schefter just tweeted harrison has been suspended one game.
    Pending appeal: 105.7 aired it just after 12 noon.